Favorite Knight

Discussion in 'Medieval Boards' started by Lady_of_Shalott, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    So, who is everybody's favorite knight and why? It really depends on the adaptations that you've read. The same knight can have a completely different personality in two different books.

My favorite is Sir Gawain. He's the best, especially if you've read "The Story of King Arthur and His Knights" by Howard Pyle or any book by Gerald Morris. :)

2. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I like Sir Galahad alot. Have barely read any K.A. legend books, but from what I have experienced, he appeals to me the most. Tristam is pretty interesting to.

3. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Sir Gawain by far. And I also like Percivale and Galahad. I guess I just like his sense of honour, duty, chivalry and loyalty. He's a great knight!

I love the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight...I'm not sure who wrote that version, but it's part of a collection in a book I have at home somewhere.

4. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I believe the author of the original "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight" is unknown. I only know of one version of it retold. It's called "The Squire, His Knight, and His Lady" by Gerald Morris. Good stuff. :D