Fantastic Four Details and Interviews

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, Aug 29, 2004.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The Fantastic Four are: Michael Chiklis (Ben Grimm/The Thing), well known for his current role in the edgy FX series The Shield and the popular comedy / drama The Commish.

Jessica Alba (Susan Storm/The Invisible Girl), the Bond-ish star from Alias.

Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), Lancelot from the recent King Arthur epic.

and Chris Evans also plays Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, a less known actor who has been in the Perfect Score and Cellular.

Tim Story is directing the film. He previously directed Barbershop.

Julian McMahon who has been in Charmed and stars in Nip / Tuck will play Dr. Doom

Tonally, the movie is, according to Arad, a bittersweet comedy, something Gruffudd was keen to confirm. "There's quite a bit of comedy in this and there's that romance between Reed and Sue Storm. And there are four of us, so we're all relying on each other. I have no idea where the script is going to go, but there's certainly plenty of action and us getting a chance to use our superpowers. It's going to be interesting because there are so many fans out there of the original and what they do and I hope they try to remain true to the comic."

Indeed, it seems it shall, right down to the costumes. "Yes, it's going to be a traditional, Spandex, blue Lycra suit with black leather boots. So I'm looking forward to that," laughs Gruffudd. And will he be sporting Reed Richards' traditional graying temples? " I think the idea will be that once they're exposed to the radiation up in space that turns them into the Fantastic Four, as a result of that I'll start to have the greying hair. But I think it'll be subtler than it is in the comic books. More dignified, like George Clooney!"

Interviewer: It sounds like from what Avi Arad and director Tim Story have said, you're trying to do this treatment of "Fantastic Four" the way the public deserves to have it done.

Chiklis: That's what it is all about. I, I think among us, was the fan of and the most aware of the "Fantastic Four" growing up. Of course, that makes me the oldest (laughing). You know, I really truly was a fan and I think that we're all aware of how rabid the fans are, how aware they are of every nuance and every aspect of this - more familiar than we are about it. I'm a fan. Like I said downstairs in the press conference, I thought I was a fan until you come here and you realize people can quote just about every episode number. It's taken to an extreme so, you know, I think we all feel the weight of it. But at the same time, we're so thrilled to have the opportunity to be involved in it that we're just going to have a blast and we're going to do it right and enjoy it.

What was it that the producers and director saw in you that related to your character that you were cast in?

Ioan Gruffudd: I'm a mathematical genius (laughter). Gosh, I don't know.

Chiklis: I'm a thug that you want to hide from.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0120667/

http://www.superherohype.com/fantasticfour/index.php?id=1794

2. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
  3. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Turns out that the Powers That Be on Marvel and Fox's Fantastic Four flick caught a screening of The Incredibles and realized they had better get their **** together, pronto. Specifically when it comes to the film's finale.

For those of you who for some unearthly reason haven't seen The Incredibles, the film features a main character named Elastigirl, voiced by Holly Hunter. As you can imagine, Elastigirl has a lot in common with Ol’ Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four comics and when the folks making F4 saw what could be done with a protracted protagonist as demonstrated in The Incredibles, they came to the conclusion that the planned third act of F4 needed to be stretched a few notches. The team on F4 is rumored to be diligently reworking the end battle to live up to audience expectations set by The Incredibles.

This revelation could reportedly end up costing 20th Century Fox close to $20 million, if the rumors are true, on top of a budget already exceeding $100 million. This sort of reworking indeed happens a lot on big films such as F4 and it's in no way indicative of the film's quality.

chud.com