fair

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by watermaid, May 27, 2007.

1. watermaid

watermaid water dragon rider

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the rene fair is fast approaching; at least here in missouri it is. im wanting to go in costume but i cant sew worth diddly. nither do i have vast amounts of cash, do any of you have ideas?
    any would be helpful.
    natalie

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    oh, sorry i can't help you there. but there are alot of people on the forums who do alot of coustuming and such.

3. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    If you want to go in costume, but can't sew and don't have a lot of money to pay someone else to do it for you, your best bet is probably to hit up a thrift store and start digging. Try to find a really loose peasant-type shirt in a neutral color, a floor-length broomstick skirt or other full gathered skirt (you don't want one cut on a circle, it won't fall right), and a very fitted vest or, if you're lucky, a corset top. The general effect should be something like this:
    [​IMG]

The shirt doesn't have to be as full or as long, and you don't by any means need to use an actual corset, but you should be able to get the idea from that. It won't be terribly accurate at all, but if you're on a really tight budget and can't sew or don't know anyone who will sew for you, its probably the best you can do. But its not jeans and a t-shirt, and I can almost guarantee you there will be people there in Zena or Star Trek cosplay, there always are at the ren faires that I go to.