Factions in the wheel of time

Discussion in 'Wheel of Time' started by Lord Armagoth, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Lord Armagoth

Lord Armagoth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would like to hear some peoples opinions on their favorite groups,nations, ect. throughout the wheel of time series, such as aes sedai, seanchen, aiel, forsaken, just any kind of main groups that factor in the story and why.

Me personally I like the aiel due to their war like society, and their ability to live in such a harsh enviorment. they can adapt anywhere and they are the true people of the dragon reborn, my favorite character Rand.And they have a very serious sense of honor, je toh i think it is.Im only on book six but they certainly are my fav and are probably gonna stay that way.

2. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I am a fan of the Forsaken. A mirror image of humankind with their petty ideals and selfish ways.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thea

Thea Dream Chaser/Bookworm

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Whilst I do like the Forsaken (particularly Moridin), I rather like the Ogier. Gentle beings who live with nature and love to read, and who don't like to be rushed into things. Loial is one of my favourite characters.:)

4. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    The Forsaken's feuding and factionalism is definitely the most fun to read about :D. I quite like Aes Sedai politics too though I think most people wouldn't agree with me on that.

5. Lord Armagoth

Lord Armagoth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I certainly love the forsakens and their games they play in the story line.I kinda like graendal because shes dedicated to pleasure, I like that.But Ishmael is one badass as well. but the stories from the age of legends shows the forsaken being some really evil bastards. like semiherage torturing a man from the time he woke up to the time he went to sleep for five years before he died, mesana opening schools dedicated to the dark lord and teaching the children to kill other students who werent doing well enough or something like that. anyway I'm just saying they are really evil. Certainly a good faction to the story.

I like the ogier also. jordans view on them gave me a whole new prospective. most stories ogiers are big dumb evil creatures. in TWOT they are gentle, earth loving creatures. but I bet if you pissed them off they could tear some crap up.

The aes sedai kind of tick me off. They just seem to stick their noses everywhere all the time. They try to control everything even when they have no clue of whats going on. They think they know all, and they dont. I liked them more in the first two books, but everyone after that it just kept getting worse. However I do like moraine. She seemed the most trustworthy of all the aes sedai.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thea

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I actually don't mind the Aes Sedai so much now, but at the start of the series I didn't like them much at all. All of the politicking and attitudes annoyed me, but I can recognize it now as a reflection of a society that's been so closed off to the world and self-centred for quite some time. Moiraine is another of my favourites, as is Siuan and Verin, but I still don't like Cadsuane very much.

I'd like to see the Aes Sedai involved in the world more (and not in a meddling way), after the events of The Gathering Storm - assuming that the White Tower still stands in one form or another after Tarmon Gaidon. The different Ajahs could actually do a lot for the people of the world; Yellows setting up hospitals, Browns setting up libraries, that sort of thing.

7. Lord Armagoth

Lord Armagoth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yea I'm only on book 6, so please dont give too much away for me please:angel1:

but they kinda come off as ignorant as hell to me, and kinda annoying. I started to like verrin but the event that happened between rand her and allanna showed how sneaky they are. But I liked how rand raected to them, him cutting them off from the true source, both at once shocked them and gave them a small taste of how powerfull he had become. To me I guess he kinda put them in their place.As of now I dont trust verrin at all. I guess that could change though, like I said Im only on book six. Now moraine I always liked her for the most part, some things she did ticked me off but all in all I liked her. I think her death should have had a longer more dramatic ending, but it is what it is.

8. Thea

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lol - don't worry; I won't spoil anything. It got a little heavy going for me through books 8, 9, and 10, but I found the last book (The Gathering Storm) to be a real treat. You've got a lot to look forward to!:)

Oh, and I remembered another group that I quite like - the Two Rivers folk. Not Rand and company, but rather Tam, Abell and the like. One of my favourite scenes in the series is when Perrin and a few others, together with the Two Rivers folk, come together to defend Emond's Field by themselves.

9. Lord Armagoth

Lord Armagoth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yea that was awesome, I really enjoyed that part. I look forward to reading about perrin. He wasnt in the fires of heaven at all, they just seemed to forget about him. He was in the prologue for the lord of chaos but I'm 392 pages in and havnt seen him yet.

10. Thea

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You'll see a fair bit of Perrin in the next few books. I won't spoil anything, though.:)

11. Lord Armagoth

Lord Armagoth New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    cool, so whats your favorite book so far?

12. Thea

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... my favourite book would have to be The Shadow Rising, although The Gathering Storm is a very close second.:)

Just getting back to factions for a minute, one group that I'm not overly fond of would have to be the Seafolk. For some reason, they irritate me more than certain Aes Sedai members.

13. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -1
    I have to admit a bizarre fondness for the Knitting Circle. They strike me as being all the best of the Aes Sedai without their arrogance and factional infighting.

Search tags for this page
factions in wheel of time
the wheel of time factions

wheel of time factions