"Extended" Limited Edition Anduril

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by karlknapp, Jan 8, 2004.

1. karlknapp

karlknapp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Before I found this forum (and BBB) I pre-ordered a Limited Edition Anduril from another online vendor. Apparently this vendor oversold and UC let them know that they would not be receiving any of the LE Anduril (and am I unhappy).

I was informed of this yesterday with an offer for a new "Extended" Limited Edition will be the exact same identical item to the first 5,000, with these 2 exceptions:
    1. The Certificate of Authenticity will not be numbered, and:
    2. They will not be signed by John Howe.

I have replied asking if they are offering just the unlimited Anduril, or does this "extended LE" version include the LE plaque and gold lettering on the pommel (as in the LE version).

Anyone else heard of this? Boy am I dissappointed thinking I had placed a pre-order in time.

2. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Trapped in my own dungeon together with a smelly h
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's true that there will be an unlimited edition version of Anduril made. this sword will not have John howes autograph as well as the golden plaque mountings and golden lettering.

I'm sorry for you.

3. sihotan

sihotan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this is a new one!!!!

i bet they are talking about the unlimited version. it has to be. PM swordman, he should know if this BS or not

4. HybridK03

HybridK03 KID A

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like your vendor may be trying to pull one over on you. From what I know, it's Limited Edition (numbered and signed) and the Non-Limited Edition. I seriously doubt there will be an in-between. Just doesn't make any sense.

5. karlknapp

karlknapp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is exactly what I thought. The vendor has not yet replied to my request for clarification (I even attached pictures of the LE and Unlimited versions and asked what the "Extended" LE version would look like.

I'll post the results of the reply when I receive it. It does seem like BS to me as well.

6. karlknapp

karlknapp New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Received an update on the "Extended" LE Anduril offer. Here it is:

"WELL...turns out they're telling us the same thing today that they're telling you - namely, that there will be no extended limited edition anduril. Their explanation for what they told us yesterday? An "internal miscommunication."

Their offer? To bump us up to the front of the line for the regular edition Andurils, which will be the same item without being signed, numbered, limited, and having the extension on the plaque. If you would like one of these, they're due out in March, and we'll hold your place for one."

Mystery solved, but I'm still SOL for a LE Anduril.

7. Pallaeon

Pallaeon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try PMing Swordman, he's stated before that BbB may have a few extras of the LE once their next order comes in (long shot, but worth it if you can get one). I believe he stated that in the "Anduril Numbers" thread.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  8. AndurilElessar

AndurilElessar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there are only two versions of the sword....

I got lucky and was able to acquire the Limited Edition of Anduril for $179 early on when they first announced it. It's a damn fine sword, and the plaque is amazing. I am working on getting a good frame for the signed certificate. I am looking forward to getting the scabbard for it.

I am getting all of the Aragorn/Elessar items....I have his Ranger sword (need the scabbard), the Limited Edition Anduril, and the Elven knife of Strider, and the Ring of Barahir from the Noble Collection. Hopefully I will be able to acquire the crown of the King from Noble Collection before it sells out.

9. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    United Cutlery will be making a crown.

10. AndurilElessar

AndurilElessar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I know...but for some reason I just really want the one from Noble Collection because the ring i bought from them was of such good quality. But maybe I will hold off and see what UC has to offer with the crown.