Experience with particular US retailer. Your help appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Rants & Scams' started by s0lange, Feb 9, 2004.

1. s0lange

s0lange New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Update: Beware: Experience with large US etailer.

Update: Finally received an email from Tolkien Town that stated the Shards are on 'short-term backorder'. Well we all know that UC has sold out, so there's no chance of the order being filled. They clearly took my order and charged my card while implying they had stock (the only reason I ordered in the first place) when in fact they didnt. They have still not changed the inventory status of the Shards on their site.

I would advise everyone to be cautious ordering any big dollar items from this etailer.

They appear to take advantage of being rather vague about their inventory status. There are items listed as on short or long term back order, however all others simply have no status (rather than saying an item is specifically in-stock). I guess that's their out.

Shoulda ordered from BBB when they still had stock.. (darn it) :eek:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone :)

I'm in the process of trying to purchase one of the few remaining in stock Shards. I would have purchased from BBB, but by the time I'd saved the mula, BBB had listed the Shards as sold out.

So I searched for a (reputable) supplier who still had stock and would ship to Oz...

I came up with Tolkien Town. Items are assumed to be in stock unless otherwise stated on their site. The Shards had no out of stock notice, so I assumed that it was available.

As is their policy they charged my credit card at the time I ordered (I have no prob with that if the item's available). They claim to process orders within 24 - 48 hours with a buffer for holiday and ROTk-caused busy periods.

It's now been just over a week and my order is still 'pending'. I have sent them an email asking that they confirm the inventory status of the item but have heard nothing back.

While I sit around waiting, my chance to find the Shards elsewhere dwindles.

Has anyone else bought from TT? Would you have an idea of their turnaround time, processing delays, reliability or service? I would greatly appreciate your advice. I don't want to give up just yet in case they do have stock.

Being one of the biggest LOTR etailers I would have thought they would have it pretty together.

Thanks for your help...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  2. johnny_boy

johnny_boy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have had problems with them also. They are not reliable at all. They also run Spidey Shop . com FYI.