Exodus.

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Kill frenzy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This concept of how characters meet isn't original, I got the idea from a campaign being played on another site a while back.

The story takes place in a village called Fenwood. Its located in a land which is mainly grassy, with forests and hills. This land in particular doesn't have a name, its just a vast territory full of villages, towns and small kingdoms. The characters in this game are all from the same village, some are best friends, casual acquaintances and some have just seen each other around. Some of you are ideal adventurers, others are skilled in other ways, some are even just farm hands. All of you are children, teenagers or young adults.

The problem is that your village over the years has become victim to raids by bandits, disease and poverty. Groups of young folk are setting out into the world beyond their village to start a new life. You are one of these groups, on the way you will encounter many things. Dangers of brigands, enemy armies, wild animals and monsters are all real threats in the vast grassy planes and dark woods of the wide world.

Since this game is freeform my criteria is background based.

Name:
    Personality:

Skills and abilities:-- You may not have any, if you do keep them realistic.
    Class:-If you have any. Also Fenwood isn't home to zealous paladins, powerful mages or other such legendary kinds of people. A person who practices magic in Fenwood isn't overly powerful, warriors of Fenwood aren't heavily armed and armoured and the monsitaries near by aren't home to deadly and vicious monks. If you choose to go by a character class, keep it simple and use a name or description that you think fits well.
    Possessions: Fenwood Isn't the richest of places. You aren't loaded with handy equipment. You coming from simple folk, you brang possessions of many kinds. Useful or not, and you took with you only what you could carry effectively- This dosen't mean you don't have a horse or a mule carrying a small wagon in your possession.

I'm not fussy about numbers. I would like to see alot of players but thats up to you.

I look forward to your character applications.

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    sounds cool :)

Name: Elkean
    Physical description: A tight athletic build
    Personality: Friendly but also thoughtful
    Skills and abilities:-- Is pretty good with a sword, for his late father was a member of the cities guardsmen.
    Class:- A warrior
    Possessions: a leather arming doublet, a pair of leather breeches, a worn broadsword, a curved hunting knife, and a soft woolen tunic.

3. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well ill post in my character.

Name: Joenen

Description: Joenen has blue eyes, brown hair and light skin. He is around 6.1 ft in height and has a lean but muscular build, he bears many scars from fights or training accidents.

Personality: Joenen has been rightfully awared the title of village psycho. He is one of the toughest and best fighters among the young people in the village. He and his friends often get up to mischef and get into fights constantly, but often winning them. He is regarded as a bad apple and a black sheep and is the biggest outsider of the village. His violent and aggressive behavoir has had the commuinity look down upon him and many people are afraid of him. The majority of the village wants nothing to do with him and have a deep dislike for him. Joenen is hyper and energetic, he loves to fight and often shows hostility and aggression towards other boys his age. He has a big love for alcohol and is drunk in alot of his spare time. But Joenen is a good person at heart who has many good values and morals and has a strong sense of honor. His father walked out on Joenen and his mother when Joenen was 5. Leaving Joenen to be raised by his mother who was very independent and gave Joenen alot of freedom.

Skills and abilities: Joenen is a very good fighter. He is tall, very strong and very hardy. He has had a deep passion for martial arts and weaponry since the age of 4 and has trained hard everyday for his whole life. He is very skilled in the use of many weapons as well as unarmed fighting. He also has his mothers hands and like her is a good carpenter, often he misuses this talent and makes weapons or traps with it.

Occupation: Because he is a very skilled fighter, Joenen has been able to join the village guards on pure talent and ability, despite his problem with authority and contempt for rules. So as such Joenen is a soldier of Fenwood, despite his mother try to shape him into following into her footsteps as carpenter.

Class: Warrior.

Possessions: Joenen didn't bring much with him, Simply the clothes on his back as well as his iron long sword slung over his back, a an iron shortsword on his belt and a bronze tipped fighting spear. He also carries an iron knife given to him by his mother as a going away present.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  4. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Just to give abit more info about life in Fenwood so you have something to base your character on.

Most children in Fenwood go to school, but not all.

Fenwood has alot of taverns and inns because their economy comes mainly from tourism, but new comers have been low in the past years.

Steel, gold and silverare a rareity in Fenwood. If you have a gold necklace you could get alot of money for it and this is true in many villages and towns near Fenwood.

The mentality and structure of the world is that a decent sized village thats powerful enough to survive in the way Fenwood has, is seen in the same way as a state or a small nation. Which suggests how divided two villages can be.

If you're going to make a previous relationship with another character, pm them first to ask them and work out how they know each other and things.

Also if we don't end up having lots of players (Which looks likely) Ill allow folk to play two characters.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  5. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    i really like this idea. It reminds me of a pc game that i have. I think we need to get more people!!

6. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well im trying to get more people, but no one seems interested.

And what PC game is that? Because i have a nasty feeling which one you mean.