Excalibur Replica (1981) decision

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by SciFi-ActionMan, Apr 15, 2004.

1. SciFi-ActionMan

SciFi-ActionMan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings,

I've been looking long and hard for an exact replica of the Excalibur sword from the 1981 movie. Not counting the various other excalibur swords which do not look like the one from the movie, It looks like there are two possible options:

The Discerner sword from Albion Armorers, which appears to be a family sword that someone recreated, and looks exactly like it:

[​IMG]

or this cheaper version:

[​IMG]

The Albion one is over $1200 while the cheaper one made by Generation 2 is 200. The Generation 2 one has been endorsed by Last LegendTM as being of sparing quality or some such (not sure what this means - I think it means it can be used for recreation sword fighting). The pommel on the cheaper one is smaller than the movie I think, but other than that, it appears to be pretty similar.

Does anyone have either of these swords, and if so, what's your opinion of them?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  2. gclyn

gclyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. gclyn

gclyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not too familiar with the Generation 2. However, I am familiar with the Albion swords. If you are looking for a replica Excalibur that is functional and "battle ready," you may want to save for the Albion version. I suspect the construction, fittings, and tang of the Albion may be of greater quality.

My friend has the Atlantean Conan sword from Albion and it is fantastic. Very sturdy and able to cut with it without worry that the blade will break from the pommel...not sure I'd pay over $3000.00 for it though.

4. SciFi-ActionMan

SciFi-ActionMan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This point is part of my consideration actually - If I'm going to pay $1250 for a sword, I think I'd be afraid to do anything but leave it as a wall hanging. Does your friend actually take his $3000 conan sword and swing against other swords or does he treat it like a baby? If he does "swing it around" a bit, does this show on the blade?

5. Alfredox

Alfredox Black Magick

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    awesome ..i whant one

Search tags for this page
1981excalibur movie sword
1981 excalibur movie replicas

albion discerner sword

discerner replica

excalibur film sword replica

excalibur movie replica