Evil Dead 4 possibilities

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, Oct 14, 2004.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    At the moment, all you horror fans are no doubt steaming over the news that Sam Raimi has put a stop to "Freddy vs.Jason vs.Ash". But Before you strap on the holster, make sure your bullet belt is full and tighten the bandana around your head, try this on for size : Raimi is still keen to make "Evil Dead 4", and in an interview with IGN FilmForce, says it might be something he'd consider doing after he wraps "Spider-Man 3". Seems all is not lost.

"I would actually love to and one day I hope to. I hope sooner rather than later. I really had a lot of fun with them, and I think the audience may now want to see one. Maybe when I'm done with the Spider-Man movie I can get to work on one", he says.

Raimi also talked a little more about his feelings towards the 'Freddy vs.Jason vs.Ash' project. "Well, I actually really like those, the Freddy movies, and Jason is a classic American horror figure now. I have a lot of respect for those series, and maybe one day they will meet up, but right now what I'd like to do is, well I'd first rather make another Evil Dead picture, and then maybe when we're done with it, if there's an interesting story that really seems like it's not just a device to make money, which I'm not saying it was. I know that they wanted to do something really cool, but I wanted to keep the option open for myself to make another Evil Dead movie without the limitations of what that story may have done. That's really, I think, what it is", he says. "We talked about it, but then the press release came out and I think I would need more control than they would be happy with and I don't want to control some other director. Sean Cunningham's a brilliant director and I actually don't want to be in a position where I'm trying to protect Ash and the Evil Dead story and he's not getting everything he wants. Even though it might have been really great, I bet what he does is gonna be great, it didn't seem like a good position for me to be in. Anyways, they've got so many great possibilities with that franchise and those two characters, I don't think they really need the Evil Dead franchise to be part of it".

moviehole

2. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    no evil dead / army of darkness fans? oh well

3. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    *raises hand*

"You have at least one here"

4. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Ash Lambert.... possibly the only one who could survive a zombie apocalypse........ and do it looking cool. From what I have heard, Sam Raimi has a script drawn up for Evil Dead film. One doubt plagues me though...... this movie will have a BUDGET...... maybe too much money could be a bad thing in this case. As for Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash.......... I kinda agree with Raimi....... Ash is WAY too cool to be hanging out with those bums anyways.

5. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I agree Vandral, the low-budget cheese factor is part of the appeal of the Evil Dead series! :) If it gets done, I hope it still looks "budget."

6. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Did anyone notice the Evil Dead tribute in Spiderman 2? It's one of my favorite parts of the movie.

7. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    The chainsaw and the hand/claw and the dramatic lighting and camera angles? I loved it! The nod to Evil Dead and all those old classic horror movies - so funny!

8. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    On Fox News this morning they announced that Raimi is producing a remake of the original Evil Dead. He will not be directing it though. No word on who will star in it but Bruce Campbell would seem to be a lock.

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Im not so familiar with the Evil dead movies, so what was the tribute?

10. kartaron

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The style of the scene when Ock attacks the doctors is similar (and in some instances uses the same shot as) scenes from Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

11. Talan

Talan Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The understanding I got, was that the videogame was actually part 4. I don't know whether the new movie would be any good, because now Raimi is a big budget director, and part of the charm about the Evil Dead movies was their cheesy, low budget vibe. They'd have to get Bruce Campbell, because he kicks ass, and delivers the best one-liners.