European TFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Running Wolf, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Kally

Kally Driving my own destiny.

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    :p I saw it lol.

But on-topic, this is a cool idea, and it'd be awesome if you got it going and sorted and everything. I'd sign up lol but I'm busy with work and plans and everything. Might be able to join in, depending on when and where, maybe. If you'll have me lol :)

edit: JR, people here have known each other for years, they're friends and I'd go as far to say they even love each other (as friends lol). It is plausible, and that's what they're trying to do - work it out. Just because it's going to take time doesn't mean it won't happen - have some hope! :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    It does not fall under my definition of Spam, so it's not because we are trying to get something going and this thread therefore has a point. Which defines it as not-Spam in my understanding.
    And I don't have any need of boosting my post count, or I'd answer a lot more in thread's like how are you ffeling, what are you listening to, etc thank you very much. If this thread had a door, I'd politely guide you towards it right now >.>

Yeah, I got a lil irritated <.< don't tell though

If we'd get something together, it would be next year or the year after that, so that there'd be enough time for everyone to plan ahead. And of course we'd have you =)

Edit: Met said it quite nicely, thank you =)

3. Kally

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    My lips are sealed :p

And oh, well in that case, you can most likely count me in. ^^;
    I could *hopefully* have enough money and stuff by next year :D

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Ok lets get this thread back on track then - far as I can see JR is trolling the thread and derailing it - if that is not the case then he is fully free to open his own thread to discuess the issues that he is bringing up - but not in this thread!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Aye I agree with you.

Anyway as for time of the year....I'm a Uni student so pretty much anytime is good for me! That is exluding exam times obviously.

6. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    lol alright then, Uni it is for me as well. Exam times differ though.
    My summer break would be August till end of September I think... End of July exams and before that I'm fine with weekends ^^

7. Kally

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Any time after March is good for me (when my work probation ends), and pretty much any weekends, although I'll be starting college in September, and I'm pretty sure I could get a few days off so that's not too big of a deal. I'd just need a heads up a few weeks or so before so I could book the time off at work ^^

8. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    hmm in the UK end of june through to the end of august is the typical summertime.
    Sometime in august perhaps?

9. Prince_Kheldar

Prince_Kheldar Beard Lover

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    If it'll happen the year after next year, I'll most likely be able to participate. :)

10. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Yup, though we shouldn't really be too quick about it, who know who else sees this thread and wants to join...
    let's say sometime in between July and September, alright?
    and when we have a better overview who else might wanna come we can decide on a country. and a city ^^

Edit:
    "That would be amusing if you didn't spew your uneducated views across the forum at frequent intervals. Either way, this is still a Spam topic unless you're actually intellectually-challenged enough to believe you're interesting enough for people to want to meet you. As most people on this forum have no interest in any of you, take it to Spam where it belongs."
    The only one spamming around are you, since we obviously take interest in each other, but noone's interested in you as long as you are not being helpful in the least bit.

11. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Once we have an idea where people are coming from, we can choose a centralised location that's fair to all/most. Sounds logical enough.

12. Kally

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Cool, that sounds good, that's when most people's summer is, isn't it?

13. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Haha - way to go, Running!

Soooo... let's think about this for a second. I mean, I think it's most important to settle for a couple of people - and then start to think about a location soon. Location is important, since it sort of excludes a lot of people. You simply can't come up with a decent location for everyone.

I'm still in favour of a German location, since it's about 10 km from where I live ^_^

However, if a lot of people from across the Channel decide to come, and do it by ferry, the earlier suggestion of Brughes isn't bad either. But it would sort of exclude Oddie, I'm affraid. If they decide to fly (at around the same cost?), we need a large airport. Amsterdam, Frankfurt or Berlin (or surrounding areas) come to mind then...

For whatever it's worth, I'll try to go by train.

There is another important question; for how long are we going to hold TFFcon Europe? It isn't going to be a one day affair, that's for sure. I can imagine a lot of people would have problems with a week. I'd say we would need 3 or 4 nights together. What are the opinions of other people?

And what do we need to do? I'd say, we'd find a nice, touristic city. There's loads to do. And, depending on how many people actually come, I'd suggest to keep things open. We need to enjoy ourselves, not bother each other with obligations. Free and open, that's what I'd like to see.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Ow. Yes. I do intend to come. But, naturally, that would depend on a lot of things.

15. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Some good points there Tur - on the factor of days I suspect the limit will be how long we can all make it for - though I would suggest around one/two "core" days where we all try to meet up at once - then people can turn up earlier and fall away as they need to.

16. Turambar

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Wehell - I would agree on one or two core day(s). Though, this will already come down to two or three nights.

I mean: arrive - sleep - core day - sleep - leave.

Seeing as we're all arriving from various corners of the continent, it's not realistic to do it otherwise.

Let's keep this one open for a moment :)

17. Kally

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    I could probably go up to a week, max, maybe a little more. I have no idea about locations though, I suck with tourism and maps lol
    But I'd totally be up for Bruges (That movie was awesome!)

18. Kally

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    yes lol. For all the people in the UK taking part in this, would it be an idea to meet up in the UK somewhere, and get whatever means of transport together? Just an idea though.

19. Árëlin Milloway

Árëlin Milloway Toast Tiger

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I'm way too lazy to read all those pages now, and I'm assuming most of the last three pages are spam anyway. So? I for for in the summertime. I don't really mind where in Europe as I'll have to fly there anyway. Unless you all decide to come to Oslo, of course. :p

20. Mem

Mem Mosh Warrior

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    summer or september, that's ok with me <.< as long as it's not in riga :D