Ethnic unrest (Yet again)

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by azuren82, Jun 13, 2010.

1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100613/ap_on_re_as/as_kyrgyzstan_unrest

I think some of the more informed people here would have known about this by now. It's basically like the ethnic riots in China back in the past. Only this one might be much worse given that the Kyrgyz government have no freaking idea on how to contain the unrest. It's really getting very messy and I don't actually see either the US or Russia interfering. Really sad. And from what I've heard, both the Kyrgyz and Uzbeks are Sunnis. Which basically just adds a whole new dimension of absurdity on a first glance basis. From what I've heard though, the Uzbeks were better off than the native Kyrgyz economically, but ironically they don't actually have the relevant clout in the local politics. So what are you guys' take on this?

2. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I saw that on the news today.I didn't know these guys were almost on the verge of civil was to tell you the truth.But from what it looks like Kyrgyz and Uzbeks don't get along very well.But I found it interesting when I saw footage of all those ex-soviet vehicles and the troops and the kyrgyz and uzbeks there and all that.What's even more "funny" or weird is that Russia refuses to take part in the whole situation.