Eposide III? What are your thoughts?(NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by GondorianRanger, Jan 6, 2004.

1. GondorianRanger

GondorianRanger Lord of Valathil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know that the new star wars movies aren't as good as the originals, but they're still fun to watch, and i still love them. I am incredibly excited for them, and can't wait. But there is one think that I hope that George doesn't do, the digital crap. In ep II, he got a little lazy I think, and went all special effects and little set, thus minimizing the actors performances. It's a know fact that the more set you have, and the more real it looks, the actors have a better chance getting into their roles because they believe their surroundings are real. Also the actors' performances help the audience bond more with the characters. Write back if you have an oppinion.

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    True, look at the stunning sets, props and costumes used in the LOTR movies, all the actors said it made their job so much easier because they were in a real physical location, so they didn't have to imagine they were somewhere else, so all their efforts went into teh character, not the setting as well.

3. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward to it eagerly. Ewan McGregor said himself he actually liked the script (unlike the other two) and really enjoyed it. That's gotta mean something :D And plus it'll be great to see how GL makes the connection from ep 3 to ep 4. And how he explains R2D2 and C3PO not recognising Obi later on... *refrains from putting in rumours/spoilers*

4. GondorianRanger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i read in an interview on the star wars site, that the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin is intense but sick, in Natalie Portman's words. I was reading about the movie and it seems to me that it is alot darker, alot deeper, and alot more intense. Im excited because there is finally going to be a huge space battle, or so i hear.

5. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I think it will be c*** like the other 2.

6. GondorianRanger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im glad that you are voicing your oppinnion Legolas. This is what i want to hear. May I ask why you thing that it will be crap?

7. Scrinlord

Scrinlord Dark Lord of Guppies

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am worried about ep. 3. First of all, Ep. 1 and 2 were just no where near good enough to be considered real Star Wars movies. GL admitted that he changed his original scripts around to make it a more light harted movie for young kids, instead of the real Star Wars fans.

And now, there is a TON of stuff that still needs to happen in Ep 3 to make a connection between 3 and 4, and I dont think that GL can put it all in without overloading the movie with crap.

8. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I think it will be bad because the other 2 have been, they have been poorly made, the plot is flawless and not as gripping as it used to be, Lucas has ruined it.

9. GondorianRanger

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    although that may be the case, i am still excited for the movie. But in Ep.3, there is going to be alot of really sweet stuff, like a huge space battle(even though i think i have said that before) in the movie. Correct me if im wrong, but we haven't really seen Anakin fly any ships in any major battles, besides in Ep.1. If I do recall, in Ep.4, Obi-Wan says to Luke that his father was a very skilled pilot during the clone wars. But I do know that Anakin will fly a ship in this next one because i have seen pictures.

10. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    what pictures?

11. Dalleron

Dalleron New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can't wait for ep 3. I don't think it will be groundbreaking to say the least, but as a fan I can't wait.
    And another question what do you really need to connect ep 3 and 4? All that needs explaining is how Anakin becomes Vader, and what Obi-Wan does with the Luke and Leia, or whatever their names are. The rest of the jedi get killed by the clones, so the federation must loose, thus leaving Emperor Palpatine to kill them. It all seems logical to me.

12. berennluthien

berennluthien New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am also excited for it. I don't hate the new Star Wars movies, and have found them very entertaining. I definately love the first trilogy more, but still I have enjoyed them. I love Obi-Wan and this movie is suppose to be filled with great Obi-Wan moments, so that's enough for me to be excited!

13. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I really like whats his name as young obiwan, but I am just glad it will finally be over.
    Phantom menace came out so long ago that I loved it when it came out and couldn't wait for the others, but they released them soi far apart that I lost interest.

14. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    EBM, imagine how bad it would have been waiting for the original trilogy to open! The prequels have been released at the same intervals as the original trilogy, but at least we all know how cool the Star Wars universe is so we can watch the other movies that have already been made. Imagine waiting totally in the dark for Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi?!?!?

15. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That would kill ussss...Kill ussss...

That is an interesting point though...I hadn't realized that until you mentioned it and it does make sense...Hehehe I can't wait to watch the OT on DVD!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  16. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I remember. AND we didn't have the internet back then to discuss what might be coming up in the next movie....

And no "Wow you are old" comments or I'll bash you with my walker...

17. Ranger_of_Gondor

Ranger_of_Gondor Gondorian Defender

Massachusets(The mostly Anti-Bush state. Hooray!)
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey everybody :)
    My thoughts are: I don't know. I didn't like Episode 1, and hated episode 2. I am going to see Episode 3 of course because it's Star Wars and I need to see what happened.