episode 2: tag team duel, and the amazing hell in a cage

Discussion in 'Sempai High' started by I. R. Shogun, Jan 12, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I. R. raised an eyebrow, guessing Via was having a stressful day. SHe got like that sometimes, he'd learned it was best to give her space. "I just passed out, nothing much. I guess Ros carried me here. No kisses or horses or anything," She snorted at Via explanation and got up shakingly. "There. All better for the time being" she grinned to them. He smirked, she was shaky, but he'd seen her handle worse situations. "Well if it's good enough for you then I guess it's good enough for me. Although I can't deny I'm curious as to what kind of thing could knock you down." This was only a half truth. He knew that in a combat situation there was little, if anything that could shake Lil, let alone knock her down, she had a jaw most all pro boxers would kill for. However he figured that stuff in the hall may have played a part.

He believed she'd be good to go for the fights, but for now she was looking wobbly. "So I was thinking of getting something to eat before going home, maybe taking in a flick, you two wanna join?" He made this offer mostly to keep an eye on Lillith, he figured she could handle herself, but wanted to be sure, and he couldn't just exclude this new kid. He had a decent fighting build, though he could use some polishing. And I. R. knew it wouldn't kill him to meet someone new.

2. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Luther smiled and got up to leave. He was still a little worried, but he shrugged that off and headed for his Mandarin class to clarify why he had missed it. Mr. Snyder was sitting at his desk grading papers. Luther knocked on the open door and than steeped in.
    "Hey, sorry I was late, just wanted to remind you I had a reason." Mr. Snyder looked up with a look on his face Luther couldn't quite read.
    "Sit down Luther." Luther sat down and waited.
    "Its odd you know" Mr. Snyder began "I have the strangest compulsion to kill you." Luther started in his chair
    "What?!" Mr. Snyder nodded slowly as he opened up his drawer and pulled out a knife.
    "Yes, and I fact, I think I will." Luther kicked back his chair just in time to miss being knifed. He got up and backed away.
    "Your crazy, insane, and I'm gonna call the cops!" Instead, Luther wisped behind his teacher and knocked the knife out of his hand. With suprising agility, Mr. Snyder spun around and threw a punch that sent Luther flying into the wall. Luthers eyes widened and his wisped away again to avoid the desk thrown at him. "This, this is too much" He wisped right in front of the teacher and kicked out with all his might. Suprisingly, Mr. Snyder didn't even flinch, he just slowly sat down and breathed hard. He looked up Luther and shook his head.
    "I'm sorry, I had no clue what happened, I felt so...so."
    Luther helped him back into his chair and than righted the desk.
    "Whatever, I think the best thing would be to just let you rest sir." Mr Snyder just nodded and mumbled something to himself. Shaken, Luther left for his next class.

3. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    "I'm bored Ma. I'll be at school for the match till 8pm," Jnanee yelled as she threw her jacket on and swung the door open.

"Okay honey," her mother yelled back as Jnanee shut the front door. The arcade was not an option; Fiona and her gang were probably hanging out there, and Jnanee did not want another hostile confrontation to happen. The pizza place was closed; the owner had closed early to visit his son, who was in university miles away. So that left only one option...the match.

Jnanee was not particiapating in the match, but she figured it'd be a good way to kill time. Besides, she had a message from one of her classmates telling her that Lillith was not feeling well...she figured it'd be nice to stop by at the florist's and buy some flowers for her.

"One carnation stalk, please..." she told the cashier as she walked in, triggering the soft chime of the shop bell.

"Sure thing, dear," the cashier responded, deftly picking out a carnation and handing it to her. Jnanee fished out some change and handed it to the cashier before thanking her and exiting the shop. She resumed walking back to school, carefully avoiding the route via the arcade.

She entered her school and made her way to the infirmary. To her slight surprise, Lillith was standing in the doorway, speaking to a scowling Via. Lillith, Jnanee could see, was trying, but failing miserably, to look alright. Jnanee walked straight up to her, and, ignoring Via's scowl, thrust the stalk into Lillith's hands. "I heard you had taken ill...here's a little something to cheer you up."

She turned and left abruptly before Lillith could reply. She should be lucky she's getting a flower in the first place, Jnanee thought. The only person who had ever given her flowers was now dead...out of her grasp forever.

What Jnanee would do to crush the ba*tard who killed him...Ethan was someone whom she cared about so much, and then he died so suddenly...why had she panicked back then? She hated herself for being so weak at that time...if only she had been as strong and calm as Dragn before, she'd have managed to save Ethan...

Jnanee licked her lips , then stopped as she tasted something salty on the tip of her tongue. What was it? She could not place the exact word on it.. More of those droplets came, pooling together and breaking as she lashed at them with her tongue...what WERE they?

Oh... she realised, then smiled slightly. They were tears. She thought she had run out of them a long time ago.

4. Rosgwak

Rosgwak The Masked Warrior

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Sitting in the nurse's office, Rosgwak waited silently. He watched as Nurse Curth did whatever she could for Lilith, to keep her comfortable and try to maintain her current level of health. As he waited anxiously, he noticed more and more people arriving in the Nurse's ward, Via and a new student among them. Smiling faintly, he watched as soon after Via's arrival, Lilith regained consciousness. Almost immediately, the two friends began consoling each other, and, still smiling faintly, Rosgwak silently slipped out of the Nurse's ward, leaving the school building. Lilith seemed okay now, and he figured he might try and get some more training in before the night's matches.

Walking outside the school building, Rosgwak was almost instantly swamped by a group of girls. Raising his hands, Rosgwak pushed quickly through the group, smiling at them a few times briefly to appease them. He had to admit, as flattering as the attention was, when he just wanted to get somewhere else, it could be annoying. But pushing his way clear of the girls, Rosgwak saw another sometimes annoying sight. Meteorain stood in front of him, no sign of any previous beating, and he smiled, asking whether Rosgwak had anything to say to him.

Smirking, Rosgwak looked at him. He didn't really find that 'Sir Queer-a-lot' moniker very pleasant, and as such he wasn't about to accomodate Met.
    "Yes, I just wanted to say you really need to work on your illusions in future. A blind man could see through them." he said, smirking. Revealing Met's little illusions would really annoy him, not many people in the school knew about Met's little tricks. But, as he brushed past Met, on his way to the gates, he muttered under his breath, so only Met could hear.
    "And thanks for the save earlier. I owe you one." he said, before walking to the gates.

5. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Dragn walked down the hall and as he passed I.R he quickly nodded his head. I.R seemed to be headed for the office and had no time to talk, which was not unusual since I.R was the captain of the Kung Fu team he always had matters to attend to. Besides there was a big match tonight and he was probably preparing for it.

Dragn continued down the hall towards the cafeteria. He had skipped lunch today so he thought he’d better get a bite to eat before the match tonight. He walked up to the counter, bought some ramen then walked over to a table, and sat down. He sat there with his chopsticks and began to eat. As he was sitting there a figure casted a shadow over his bowl. He didn’t look up immediately though, enjoying his noodles. Wiping his mouth, he looked up to see who was standing before him.

“And what may I attribute this pleasant visit for, Setsuna?” Dragn sighed as he looked up to regard a scrawny blonde boy, knowing all too well, why he was there. This boy was constantly harassing Dragn to allow him to join the Magic/Summoning team. Dragn however with one look could tell that this kid did not have what it took. The dedication and mental energy required to study the arts, far surpassed any abilities this kid had. Dragn had a knack for sniffing out potential and this kid just stunk. Dragn being the nice guy that he was, always had to let him down gently.

Setsuna eyed Dragn menacingly, hate seething through his eyes. “I have finally mastered the ball of flames” Setsuna replied puffing out his chest. “And now you have to let me join” Dragn, trying not to laugh, cleared his throat. “That’s really a big improvement, show me what you’ve got.” Setsuna smiled and raised his hand and concentrating, a little too hard Dragn thought, he focused his energies to his palm. After a few minutes a small flame appeared. Setsuna then stopped and smiled arrogantly. Dragn rose from his seat, shaking his head he leant over and blew out the flame. He picked up his empty bowl, “Get back to me when the flame you worked way to hard to conjure doesn’t go out with the slightest breeze.”

With that he patted the boy on the shoulder and left the cafeteria. He would make sure to find Via before the match to wish her luck but for now he headed towards the Summoning team gathering room to work on a concept he had just come up with.

6. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Throwing ****ing pillows at me, eh?. Bah, she's so sweet. Via wore a half-smile as she walked down the corridor. She knew not what to do exactly, all her classes had ended for the day(like if she cared) and that feeling she had had this morning came back over her. The feeling that nothing she did had a purpose and that she could just lay down and do nothing. However she didn't, but the smile slid of her face and she sighed.

Walking aimlessly through school she tried to think of tonights fight. Maybe she should practice some? She went through some moves in her head but didn't feel like practicing them, but she figured it might calm her down so she headed towards an abandonned classroom. She stopped to go change in a bathroom to a tight, black outfit with short legs, short sleaves and a collar wrapping tight around her white neck. Barefoot she took the few steps to the other side of the corridor, went inside the classroom no-one ever used(cept her, for all she knew) and dumped her clothes and bag on a chair, closing the door behind her. She wrapped her hair up in a tight braid again, nothing of it was left to tickle her face.

Via put in the ear-pieces of her wier-less mp3 and started to stretch and warm up to the music. After a while she went on to practice some of the moves. After only an half an hour she breathed heavy and was dizzy, sweat showed on her forehead and some hair was now loose to hang down and irritate her. But she shook her head, she had to make this, she had to be able to fight tonight. She glided through some positions, faster and faster to hide the fact to herself that her body was shaking. She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes as she moved on, thankfully knowing this hall so well she would not likely bump into anything, hopefully.

7. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Well if it's good enough for you then I guess it's good enough for me. Although I can't deny I'm curious as to what kind of thing could knock you down."

Lillith grinned and shrugged. "Curiousity killed the cat. ahh..well it did at least for me" She stuck her tongue out and nodded to IR " Of course I'll come. I need to eat something so I can keep up my strength for tonight." The excitement gleamed in her eyes. Although....looking around she couldnt find a certain someone that had been a great help to her, rescuing her and all. A bit of dissapointment lasped her face than dissapeared in a flash. Oh well. Hopefully she'll see him soon.

A bundle of carnations suddenly blocked her view. Blinking again, the sweet-smelling flowers were thrust into her han by Jnanee, a fellow student she haddent seen lately."I heard you had taken ill...here's a little something to cheer you up." Lillith grinned her thanks and was about to say something before Jnanee stalked off. Lillith raised an eyebrow curiously and looked over to Via, who had been with Jnanee. Via was scowling. Lillith's face split into a grin and she called after Jnanee. " Thank you!!!!!" and hope that got to her.

Pulling her bag a bit shakingly on her shoulder she told the nurse where she was going. After protesting a it, she let her go. Stretching her arms, she grinned and said " Off to the cafeteria!"

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I. R.'s smirk grew a bit wider at Lillith's retort, and her headstrongness. She may have ben wobbly, but there was no dampening her spirit. The nurse attempted to stop them from leaving, Lil had just taken a bit of a shock and it was earlier than medical types liked to release people. I. R. hated medics for that reason. They always wanted to hold him back, for good reason of coarse, but still he didn't like it. So when he moved to the city he started using home grown remedies for injuries and sicknes he'd recieved.

When they reached the cafeteria there was some gangly blonde kid glowering toward the summoning team's gathering room. Poor kid was never gonna get on the team, from what Dragn described people who gave that type of reaction toward that room just didn't have what it took. He'd like to give the kid a break on the Kung Fu team, but he just didn't have the build to become a good fist fighter, and he was hellbent on being a wizard. "Maybe Ros'll be able to make something of that one..." I. R. said blankly. He shook this off as they got into line. "Fried rice and chicken soup, put whatever she orders on my bill." I. R. was no Rosgwak as far as the whole chivalry deal went, but he believed a guy should buy a female friend's food if it's not any trouble. Besides, they knew each other well enough she wouldn't misread him.

They sat down, I. R. saw the kid had gone, probably to brood. Not his problem he desided. His mind came back to the cage. He had a chance at beating Gan, but he didn't like the way it sounded in his mind. The ultimate genetically engineered master of kung fu versus a naturally born and raised human who didn't really consider himself a master of any style. Plans or none he had to be ready for any curve balls this guy would throw him. He knew how he felt about the match, but he wanted to know how Lilith was feeling knowing that her moonsault had effectively been nullified. "So, you ready for tonight?" he asked, out of both his curiosity, and his hatred of awkward silences.

9. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Meteorain was rather disgruntled at Sir Queer-a-lot's very unchivalrous tactics. But it mattered not, he owed Meteorain a favour, and that could easily be used to his benefit. A public apology maybe?

Now was not the time anyway, he needed to head home and check over some stuff, aswell as his baby before he headed out for the fight. There were still a few hours left, and he had time to apologise to his baby...she got cranky when he didn't visit. He was still surprised when Soul Bane had just suddenly taken fof somewhere, and left him the most meagre of notes saying that the mech was his. ALl he had to do now was give it a name.

His thoughts thought were interrupted by one of Sir Queer-a-lot's fangirls who was pestering him with a question.

"What did Rosgawk say to you that we were not to hear" she was asking

"Oh nothing much" he replied, "just thanking me for saving him from bleeding to death in the middle of the school's corridor" and with that left the somewhat stunned fangirls as he headed towards the parking lot.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE" one of them called out as he walked away

"Whatever you say little girl" he replied without turning round, and exited the main building and entered the parking area. Getting on the bike, he kick started it, and rode it out the parking area, onto the road in front of the school, and then set off towards his little flat.

It wasn't much longer till he had reached the flat and entered when he was astonished to find the room slightly in more disarray than his organised anarchy. Also, some sort of wooden puppet lay in the middle of his room.

"WTF? I need to have a talk with that Luther...he needs to clean his crap after he finishes ****ing about" he growled to himself, as he picked up the doll, and easily turned it into a table which was broken, and set it in the middle of the main room.

Having a quick snack, he gathered some bits and bobs, before setting out to head toward's Soul Bane's now abandoned laboratory as it were, to go see his newly acquired mech.

"Hope she doesn't give me a shock...."

10. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith grinned and linked arms with I.R. as they made thier way down to the cafeteria. One reason she did link arms with him was to steady herself a bit, and the other because she liked teasing his seriousness. As they made thier way down the halls, she noticed the Kung Fu teams room. That brought her mind back on Ros. It was very nice of him to take her back to the nurse's office once she had passe dout. But yet she was embarrassed, something she almost never was, becuase alot of people saw him in the halls. She just hope they didnt think anything of it.It wasent that she wanted to avoid the prince, but she just was kinda confuzed on the subject. Heck, she just met the guy yesterday, and she was sure he had eyes on plenty other girls. He had plenty of choices. Laughing it off silently, she figured she was just acting childish.

"Maybe Ros'll be able to make something of that one..."

She looked to IR and followed his gaze to a blonde scrawny boy that was glaring at the Kung Fu's team 's door. Lillith grinned and shrugged " Maybe" she followed IR into the line as he ordered and said to put anything she ordered onhis bill. she raised an eyebrow, but raised no objections. Heck, free food, who would object to that? anyways, hes done it before, when she had lost her money or didnt have any for the day. Ahh sweet IR, with his seriousness. He was a good friend to have. Good fighter too. But, to be courteous, she just ordered some rice and a veggie roll. Not sure if she could even eat all of it, she followed IR to a table, sitting next to him. for acouple of minutes, she nibbled on rice in silence as he ate too. Awkward silences bothered her, so she opened her mouth to say something when he said something first.

" SO, you ready for tonight?"

Lillith grinned and pretended to look harrassed. " Me?!? Ready?! But of course, I couldnt be more pumped about it" She grinned and said teasingly " I have one question, Irr" using his nickname she made up (pronounced 'eerr' ) " Are you ready for tonight? You are fighting, of course?"

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    He smiled a bit, Lillith was the only person who called him something other than I. R. or Shogun. Probably because he was usually pretty touchy about it, and the last person who did was an enemy who in doing so had lost the upperhand in what I. R. had made his final fight.

"Are you ready for tonight? You are fighting, of course?"

This was a good question. It jogged his memory that he hadn't re-wrapped his hand since he'd takne the bandages off after lunch. "Yeah, I'm fighting, but," he raised up the broken hand and clenched it into a fist, the popping of bones going back into place was louder than he'd figured it'd be; he flinched slightly from the pain, "I'm not as ready as I'd like to be. Not just this, the guy I'm facing is gonna be unreal. Not to mention it's gonna be hell in a cage."

She gave him a look exposing a slight bit of concern, more at the doubt in his voice than the match, but he stamped out any second guesses she'd have about his confidence, "But hell, it's not like this is my first time being the underdog." His crooked smile returned, in the back of his mind he had conflicting emotions about it. But no matter which one was dominant tonight he would try to keep on a winner's face for the others.

12. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Luther pushed his way past the students and waved at Lillith. She was talking to a student he had recognised around the school. "Jeeze" he thought to himself, "I really need to get to know more people"

For lunch, he decided to go home and grab some subs. Throwing his bookbag on the sofa, he froze as he eyed the maniquin on the table. "Freakin dolls coming to life, can't get rid of em."
    "Just wait Luther, the puppet master's gone under the radar, but when he pops up, we expect you to go after him" Felcia stated. She had appeared on the table.
    "Right, whatever." The doll quivered and Luther gave it a side glance. A secound later he drove his nails into it. Felica's face lit up in a rare smile.
    "I'd get back, if i were you, you've been slacking."
    Luther rolled his eyes. "hey, i just got attacked by my mandarin teacher, I'm in no hurry." Luther had suspected Mr. Snyder had been possesed, and Felcia confirmed it. Luther finshed up his sandwich and than headed back. Tonight was the big fight night, and he needed a social event to get his mind of this homicidal school

13. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Walking down the hall towards the Summoning room Dragn walked by a classroom when something caught his eye. In the empty classroom he noticed Via , she looked to be training and fully focused on her movements. Dragn thought to interrupt her but thought better then to disturb her with such an important match tonight. All her attention was set on her positions that he smiled and continued on down the hall, besides he had something important that he wanted to do.

Reaching the room, he heard voices coming from within. He walked in and three second year summoners were sitting at a table. Once he entered they all looked up to regard him.

“Hey captain, what brings you here?” one of them asked. Dragn walked over to a table across the room from the three. “Just going to study.” He lied, besides he didn’t want to explain what he was really going to do, since it was going to be his first time trying it. Knowing better then to ask questions, they turned back to their conversation on herbs. Dragn sat down at the table and pulled out his spell book. He flipped through the pages and found what he was looking for.

Dragn had noticed Shogun still favoring his hand, which he had injured in his previous encounter in the sewers. And though Dragn’s powers were not fully developed to heal broken bones he thought about something else that may help I.R. in the match. He had learnt of a certain type of material that helped the wearer defend against certain elements on his little venture over seas. And it so happened that Dragn brought some of it back with him. He pulled it from his bag and began to work on it.

14. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Yeah, I'm fighting, but,"

Lillith winced as the crack of his broken bones corrected themselves. Ah, the sound of bones breaking. Usually the sound she wanted when fighting, but right now, she'd rather not have heard it before the fight.

"I'm not as ready as I'd like to be. Not just this, the guy I'm facing is gonna be unreal. Not to mention it's gonna be hell in a cage."

A bit too serious for Lillith, the ever teasing flirt, she flashed him a look of slight concern before repliying." Yea, well...that hand doenst look like a good sign from here. It seems alright, but have you had it looked at from a nurse? WOuldnt want it to be pinching a nerve or somewhat" She shrugged nd grinned, sticking her toungue out at him. She knew he didnt go to the nurse, but she was just checking. As he said it wasent his first time being an underdog, she laughed and grinned " havent we all been there?" She shook her head and grinned wider.

" You know, I havent seen Via around. Suppose she's practicing?" Looking down to her food, Lillith stomach lurched. Realy, she haddent eaten anything. Just the thought of food made her a bit quesy. That smell still faintly wafted under her nose, calling sweat to rise on the back of her neck. She fluttered a hand under her nose until it went away. really, if this kept up, she would have a hard chance at the fight tonight.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    " Yea, well...that hand doenst look like a good sign from here. It seems alright, but have you had it looked at from a nurse? WOuldnt want it to be pinching a nerve or somewhat."

"You know I don't do medics, I think I've got a little better idea of how the body works than trained professionals," he returned the grin, though not as mischevious as hers, he wasn't sure any guy could match her look, "And besides, I've got a few ideas on how I can level the playing field."

Lillith asked about Via as she started to sweat, and she was acting like some acrid scent loomed in the air. He snuck a sniff of his shirt, no swet, and the smell of that green stuff hadn't stuck, but something was definately bothering her. He didn't say anything, he guessed it was his turn to look concerned Guess I'm not the only one who's sick... He shrugged it off, "Your guess is as good as mine to where she is. But knowing her it's either practicing or getting ready up here," he tapped his temple with his finger. He was pretty certain it wasn't the latter. Via'd been in far too many fist fights to need mental preparation for a tag team match.

16. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    The Summoning room was fairly quiet, the three second year summoners were now debating on what herbs were most effective when treating minor burns. Dragn was still sitting at a table across the room from them, vaguely listening to their discussion. He had several pieces of cloth laid out in front of him on the table. And his spell book was open and standing upright to the side.

He had finally figured out which positions each piece had to be set, in order for its magical properties to work. If prepared improperly the result would be useless. Now all that was left was the binding . He raised his hands over them and glancing back and forth between the book and pieces he spoke the incantation. Before his eyes the cloth began to move slowly at first then more rapidly as it began to mold itself together using the energy emitted from his palms.

After a few minutes the spell was completed and neatly folded upon the desk was the finished product. His shoulders slumped, his energy somewhat spent . He rose from the desk picked up the bundle and placed it into his bag. Then as he was headed out the door, he turned to the three left in the room. “Aloe...” he said, the three looked up at him, “...A mixture of aloe and lavender are the best for healing minor burns.” With that, he walked out. Now all he had to do was locate the person the uniform was meant for. The last Dragn had seen of him he had been headed towards the office, so he headed down the hall in that general direction.

As he pulled out his spellbook and made his way down the hall reading, he stopped abruptly, having bumped into someone. "Sorry" Dragn replied, "wasn't paying attention". He looked up from his book to see who he had run into, "Jnanee!" He smiled, then he frowned, "What's wrong? It seems as though you've been crying" Jnanee was a gifted summoner and was usually pretty tough, in fact he couldn't recall ever seeing her shed a tear.

"I was just on my way in that direction" He said pointing "If you have nothing better to do you could accompany me and tell me what's wrong"

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    It's been a long time since I cried. This is my release.

Normally, she wouldn't have done something as emotional as breaking down in the middle of a hallway. This was different. Life was cruel to her...she had latched on to the few things she loved, and one by one, they were all torn forcefully away from her.

Her cousin. Her pet summon. Ethan. All had died painfully; claw marks decorating their bodies, thick crimson liquid gushing out of their wounds like fountains of life. Jnanee had always thought before that a slow death process was a more painful one; this challenged that shard of thought. One moment, life was there, and the next moment, it wasn't. They were all so tough warriors, and yet their lives were like candle flames in the wind...Jnanee refused to accept their deaths, point blank. It all happened so fast...why does death even happen? Fast or slow, it hurts either person really, really badly till they die...

A hard bump into her caused more tears to spill out, as if encouraging her distraughtness. Jnanee looked up, ready to scold the person if he was not ready to apologise, then stopped. It was Dragn.

"Sorry" Dragn called out, "wasn't paying attention". The lanky head of the summoning team looked down at her. "Jnanee!" he smiled. It morphed into a frown in a split second."What's wrong? It seems as though you've been crying," he asked her, concerned.

Jnanee was torn. This person could help her a lot; but was she prepared to tell him her secret? Even then, he was a nice, mature guy. He had been her mentor when she first joined the summoning team too. She could tell him... but definitely not while they were standing in the hallway.

Dragn resumed speaking."I was just on my way in that direction" He said pointing. "If you have nothing better to do you could accompany me and tell me what's wrong."
    Jnanee looked up at him gratefully. "Yeah...crying isn't a very pleasant activity is it, sorry...I'll go with you," she replied, sobbing slightly.

He smiled at her as they made their way down the hallway. "I-I feel embarrassed for letting it all out in a public place," she muttered to him under her breath as they passed two freshmen.

He chuckled slightly. "It's good to let it out. Don't bottle yourself up or there'll be repeat episodes of what happened just now," he told her.

Jnanee nodded, sniffing slightly.

"Tissue?" Dragn offered, digging in his backpack.

"Yes please," Jnanee replied, aware that the only alternative was to cry on his shoulder. They were close friends so he wouldn't misread her, but she wasn't so sure about the giggling freshmen who choked up the hallways at all the worng times.

"Thank you," she told him, taking the tissue wad. She was about to raise it to her eyes when she saw some material peeking out of his bag.

"W-what's that?" she asked, pointing.

"Oh, that.." Dragn seemed a little distracted at this point. "It's a gift. For a friend."

"Oh," Jnanee smiled through her tears. " Another self-discovery, I presume?"

"Well...yeah, you could say that," he replied, pausing to see her expression. "Well, look at that! I've made you smile!"

Jnanee giggled, causing him to laugh as well. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Oddrun standing there, smiling at them.

"Hello Oddrun!" Dragn greeted her.

"Hey! I thought you went home?" Jnanee asked.

Oddrun smiled radiantly. "I decided to come back...tonight's match is going to be interesting. Dragn, no question about that...are you participating, Jnanee?"

"Me? Oh, no, I'm giving it a miss," Jnanee replied. "Sit with me at the stands tonight? It's free country, as always."

"Sure!"

"Well girls, I'm about to hand something over to someone, so I'll be seeing you all later. Remember to get front seats at the match!" Dragn told them as he left.

"Bye!" the girls called after him.

Jnanee turned to look at Oddrun. "We still have some time before the match...what do you say we chill at the library? Sounds good?"

"Sure," the other girl chirped.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  18. Oddrun

Oddrun I speak languages.

Ratings:
    +200 / 1 / -0
    Many of Odd's friends were preparing for the tonight's match. She was very exited about that but on the other hand she felt a bit lonely, so she was really happy when she have met Jnanee and Dragn on her way. When Dragn leaved them to find someone, Jnanee said: "We still have some time before the match...what do you say we chill at the library? Sounds good?"
    "Sure" - Oddrun replied. School's library was really magnificent. You could find there any book about fighting, magic, weapons and, to Oddrun's joy, a great collection of fantasy books.- "So what do you think of tonight's match? Will our fellow students do well? I'm kinda worried about Lilith and Via. I'm sure that they are great fighters but Lilith fainted today and Via seems to have some worries..."

19. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Your guess is as good as mine to where she is. But knowing her it's either practicing or getting ready up here,"

Lillith grinned as he tapped his temple, She laughed and said " Yea well, I dont think its up there. No amount of practicing can cure Via of that" She grinned teasingly and leaned back in her chair. " Well, if she is practicing, we better go find her..." She stuck her toungue out and leaned up, clunking her two front legs of the chair down with a dull clack on the cafeteria tiles. Running her fingers through her hair, she linked IR's arms and hoisted him up, pulling him down the halls wether he wanted to or not.

" Hope you were done with that food"

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I. R. smirked as Lillith hoisted him up, "You mean I had a choice?" He knew the answer was no, but he didn't mind, it was nice not to need to be in control. They wandered through the halls for several minutes before finding Via. SHe was alone in a room I. R. had thought to be abandoned. She was going through her basic motions. Of coarse for her basic movements were much more advanced than many members of the kung fu team could follow, she was extremely fast, as well as surprisingly strong for no bigger than she was.

They looked at her for several mintues, I. R. assumed Lillith hadn't entered because she didn't want to disturb her partner while she was this focused. Either that or she wasn't sure about how Via would react if they knocked her out of that concentration. It seemed to him almost like she had left her body, and it was in a sleep walking type state, and while sleep walkers were dangerous to wake up, he'd never met one that was doing quite the moves she was. But moves like those are what made MaDnESS! one of the most feared tag-teams around, and also one of the most entertaining. "So, do we go in or..?"