Emerald Weapon

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Zidane, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Zidane

Zidane Master Thief

Wherever the palace guards can't find me.
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody help me on this?I just can seem to beat it.

2. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Let me think, Emerald weapon. That was the one that swims in the sea, right?

3. Zidane

Zidane Master Thief

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes thats the one.

4. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    He's very though, first try to get the 2 touph rings, these can be stolen from the Turks (thought theire names were Rufus or Reno, something like that). Then find the Knights of the Round materia and master it. Also master Final Attack(the materia that summons a monster when you die), Phoenix, W-summon(as I can remember this one summons a monster twice, if not master that one),Mega-All, gravity, W-magic(check back with W-summon) and mimic. Equip the 2 touph rings to the fastest people in your party, this ring adds 50 to evading rate and also to luck. Equip 1 of these characters with Phoenix combined with Final Attack and mimic, equip the other one with Knights off the round combined with W-summon. Combine W-magic with gravity and make sure that this character has mega all. Also make sure when you begin the battle everybody can use the limit break for some starting damage:D and equip them with theire Ultimate weapons

Now start by getting lot's off snacks and a big drink, caus you will be stuck there for a while. When the battle begins, start using your limit breaks. Try to keep your party members in good shape (especially Cloud, since his weapon deals the most damage with full HP). Then start summoning Knights of the Round as a mad man, mimic it everytime. When his little eyes, or orbs or whatever those things on his arms are, are being activated start using gravity magic and mimic, make sure you have plenty of elixers, ethers and all that because two of those basterds drain your MP. Destroy them as quick as you can. When he starts using his massive attack (don't remember what it's called), start praying that with the touph rings one off your characters evades the attack, if not you'll have Phoenix as a safety percausion. Just keep doing this, and keep an eye on your characters HP. When you can use your limit breaks USE IT.

This is the way I defeated him once. Don't know if evertything I wrote was rightfully named, haven't played FF7 in a while. Hope you'll defeat him, caus I can't bear having so much kramp in my vingers again:D

5. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I didn't realize my explainagion was that long

6. Z-spider

Z-spider New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The easiest way I know to beat him is to get a magic counter attack materia and link it to a master summon materia. This will summon every single summon in the game to attack but it takes a while to go through all of them(about 6 min. or so). And also have phoenix summon materia linked to a final attack materia.

7. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    a master summon materia??????Is this a materia that summons ALL the summons in the game????????Never encounterd that one, where can you find it and ,before I go searching, can you get in the European version(or PAL), caus lot's of stuff is removed from these versions

8. Zidane

Zidane Master Thief

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll try to do that,thanks.

9. Doyler

Doyler King of Dragons

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In order to get master summon get all the summons mastered then go to cosmo canyon and look at the red huge materia and yippie you have a master summon. But you need a gold choccobo in order to obtain KoR

10. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mmm, never knew that. I'm going to try it out

11. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    his major attack that Bahamuth posted earlier is Aire Tam storm (Aire Tam is materia spelled backwards btw). And the reason it deals so much damage is because you have a lot of materia equiped. i think 1 materia orb=1111 damage. If you have 9 or more equipped, he deals 9999 every time, without fail.

have the Touph Rings equipped, Mystile's equipped (i think theres only 2 in the whole game, but i heard there was three somewhere...ill have to check on this one) and the master materias.

(for those who dont know, master every magic materia, and talk to the green huge materia in Cosmo Canyon. Same with command materia (minus the enemy skill), and, as Z-spider said, the same with the summons. They dont, however, use all the summons at once. It brings the menu up for all of the summons in the game, but you can only select one (try using W-Summon))

these things are actually easy to master. equip charecters with their triple growth weapons (Cloud-Apocalypse, and Cid's Scimitar weapon. All others dont have a triple, so use their double growth.) and Rune Armlets (found in...Bone Villiage i think?). Then, go to the Northern Crater, (can't give exact directions...its close to the bottom though...where the music changes is a big hint. Just stay in that area.) and fight enimies called Magic Pots. These are indestructable, unless you give them an Elixer. (use the W-Item cheat for this, or morph a monster (cant remember the name as of now)). The Magic pots yield i think 200 AP each. If you fight 3, you will get 600 AP, and if you have the triple and double growth weapons/armor, thats 1800/1200 AP respectivly. just watch out for those blasted Tonberrys.

(theres another way to get all this AP. You'll need a turbo controler, and a good rubber band. equip someone with HP<->MP materia, and Pheonix paired with Final Attack. Everyone else can take the materia they want mastered. then go fight the Midgar Zolom (in the snowfields near the Chocobo Farm) with the Turbo and rubberband on the "OK" button. He's not that hard, and every time you fight him, you get 2 AP (or somthing like that). but, you can walk away, go to bed, work, school, and they will still be gaining AP (and a little EXP). I dont like to do this very much, but if im in a hurry it works nice. Just make sure the PSX doesnt catch on fire :p and check back every once in a while to heal them. The Chocobo Farm bed works nicely)

if you have HP lower than 7777, and the last two digets are "77" (fight the monsters around Midgar and cast Mini and haste on the monsters. Every physical attack they do will be 1. Just keep standing there until the last 2 digets are 77) going into battle, if your fast enough, heal that person with potions and get their HP to 7777. This puts you in a kind of "bug" mode. Every thing you do will deal 7777 damage. If you try to cure someone, they are cured by 7777 (not including potions, or Elixers). VERY HARD TO GET though. I stumbled across this when i was fighting a monster and Cait Sith got 7777 HP. It's pretty awesome. (Use only when your charecters deal less than 7777 damage regularly of course.) when the battle begins, the charecters that have 7777 use physical attacks and hit...i think 63 times before the enemy can counter with anything. Very valueable.

back to Emerald Weapon. Take MAster materia for each charecter, MEga all, and someone with a Final Attack-Pheonix Combo. Thats 4444 damage with Aire Tam storm, and 6666 damage for the person with Pheonix (W-Summon is optional) and just limit, summon, and cast magic all the time, being sure to mime every chance you get, but if your charecter needs cured, dont be afraid to do so.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  12. Doyler

Doyler King of Dragons

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm...nice tatics

13. Cheesy Goodness

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    yup, and they work too...just loaded up my old FF7 file the other day and beat him...

Ruby's gonna be harder tho...no lucky 7s...hmm *goes off to ponder*

14. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, gonna try this out, looks much easier

15. Doyler

Doyler King of Dragons

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dont use KoR on ruby or you will be destroyed

16. Zidane

Zidane Master Thief

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll be sure to use all your helpfull advice,thank you guys.

17. Zidane

Zidane Master Thief

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've found Bahamet Zero does a nice chunk of damage to Ruby.

18. Cheesy Goodness

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    i found that out the hard way :stupid:

if hes stopped he cant counter right...and if he wakes up ill just have Pheonix o-o Final Attack

Good Luck Zidane!

19. Franker

Franker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey man...first of all do you use cheats or not. Then if you do tell me b/c i have a few ways of doing it.

20. Bahamuth

Bahamuth The Dark Raver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Why use cheats, that's boring