Elven Warrior Sword

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by kcaj, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Aenónar

Aenónar Elf of Arda Tauréndor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    that's just... lol.... the regular English longbow had a draw weight of about 100 pounds... THAT is a massive weigt, thoose archers were very well trained and could fire about 6 arrows a minut (maybe more) but 200 pounds! that's insane for thoose little elf arms :eek:

I've made a replica of the LFK, (more like inspired by them though) they weigh 110 grams plus a scabbard on 35 grams, and they are 60 cm long... that's a pretty fair elf weight I think :)

so possibly they could use the EWS with one hand and a shield with the other (but the shield mus have been extremly heavy to carry around for all thoose years in the last allience)

btw EBM, where did you get the Shield? :)

2. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Is there any recent news from anyone on the EWS?
    it has been a while..

3. elrond243

elrond243 The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    the idea of elves being srong enogh to fire a 200 hundred pound bow with any accuracy is almost imposible the heavyest draw wieght on a boy is still only 130 legolas' lorien bow whichs shoots farther than the lorien bows with a hevier draw somthing a little wrong with this picture still i can see why they made the elves have wepons that set them apart so only the elves could use them.

4. Durthang

Durthang Demon of Might

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Haven't heard anything so far....

5. Sindarking01

Sindarking01 Lord Of the Grey Elves

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the draw weight does a little much for human standards, but come now folks these are elves, the imortal, fairest of all beings.

BTW I think I'm getting off topic

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  6. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Exactly fair, not that buff, toliend said that men were stronger in thatn elves, and the men of middle only had bows of a still ridicouls 130 lbs, on and made the shield to, crafted in Nargothrond before the changing of the earth...

7. Durthang

Durthang Demon of Might

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Going back to the thread, would still be interested in some definitive news vis a vis the Elven Warrior Sword :)

8. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree, the elves did make very lightweight weapons, "its so light" said Frodo of sting. so i imagine its very possible to wield the EWS and a shield at the same time, like EBS said, with the right technique.

and besides, the EWS movie props were made of a fiberglass-like material as were the shields, not metal, so they were probably also light.

Oh, and btw Halbarad, if this helps u sleep at nite, according to the books, no elf, save one, ever even carried a sword with a curved blade. :p

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004
  9. Aenónar

Aenónar Elf of Arda Tauréndor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wrong ;)

One elf did carry a curved blade, (don't remember his name) it was an elf from Gondolin :p

10. Halbarad

Halbarad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you guys dont get what im saying lol, im saying that since in the movies elves with sheilds used the cool spears, so if they are making the sheild, why not the spear to go along, then you can be an elvish swordsman, sheild/spearman, spearman, and then maybe archer when they make the bow

11. theoden

theoden 1st Marshal of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A few points if I may. First, I would love some info on the EWS cause I so want to add it to my collection(along with Herugrim, LWK and Boromirs) Second, the weapons and warfare book, which I loved, had to have been WAY wrong on the draw weights. I am a hardcore regular in the UF weightroom and can pull down over 200lbs on the lat pull machine, and there is NO WAY I could draw a 200 pound bow the cord would cut through my fingers, and if I could the arrow would go about a mile. I have drawn bows of a 125lbs and that is loads of power, since elves were weaker than men, that didn't happen. As for the sword, it the desing would be too heavy for men if it were made of steel, but elves had magic and so there weapons were MUCH lighter than same sized human equivalents, hence the thin armed elves would have been able to use fairly large weapons.

12. kcaj

kcaj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there ANY news on This?
    Swrodman gave me the update after i first started this thread, but still no news about it?

And this thread has gone a little off subject from the EWS to Elven Bow strength and war tactics?

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RELEVANT INFO ON THE RELEASE DATE< TIME FRAME OF THE ELVEN WARRIOR SWORD??

13. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  14. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed that there have been no pre-orders for it yet. There are a bunch of new pre-orders out there and this is not one of them. That makes me think that it probably won't be out all that soon.

15. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Makes me think people want to see the actual reproduction instead of a photoshopped prop pic. I will definetly wait until I see pics of the actual repro before I buy it, unless it is LE then I can't afford to wait....But I will one regardless of whether it meets expectations of not. It is simply amazing.

16. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I really hope, really hope it is not LE. It would ruin my collecting life.

17. Durthang

Durthang Demon of Might

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There's so much interest in this sword I don't see how it could possibly be a Limited Edition

18. kcaj

kcaj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i have seen the page on the BBB site, but i thasn't been updated since it was made.
    I mean they keep getting asked about htis sword, you think they would want to update us?
    And I remember how it said it was originally supposed to be released last year, and got pushed back?
    What's the hold up? Why so difficult to make this sword?
    looks alot less complicated than some of the others

19. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The reason for that is because United has told us no more than is posted. If I knew more it would not only be on the page it would be here too!

I am there webmaster as well so I know the value of adding news when you need you get it. But yu have to have news to post ...of course you could do like others and just make it up.

20. kcaj

kcaj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Swordsman, as always, your our most reliable source.
    And no news from you, as opposed to false news from elsewhere is much appreciated