Elrond's twin sons in ROTK

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Chrissy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Gûd Daedheloth

Gûd Daedheloth Foe of Morgoth's Realm

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ********Spoilers*******

Most probably know this already, but PJ says in the commentary of TTT that there was no way he could have put the sons of Elrond in the movie.

In the RotK game for Game Boy Advance, as Gandalf you "fight" Denethor by keeping his torches from getting to Faramir's pyre. At the end, Denethor gets set on fire, runs outside, and falls off a balcony. I'm not sure how much of that will carry over to the movie, though.

*******End Spoilers*******

2. Hiraeth

Hiraeth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too am diappointed they left out the sons of Elrond in the last movie, I am just hoping they havent lost Cirdan as he only got a second or too so far in the giving of the rings but surely he must feature at the Grey Havens?
    Or not? And poor Haldir - so sad!

3. redxavier

redxavier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Beregond is in the movie in a certain capacity. For some baffling reason, he was renamed at the last minute as Irolas (which is a retuning of Beregond's brother Iorlas). It features in the new Art of ROTK book and also has a GW miniature - called Beregond incidently! (though he looks slightly different)

Apparently an insider has been saying that Bergil is in the movies, at least, a small boy was cast in the role. He's meant to be appear to help Pippin find Gandalf during the night battle IIRC. But that's not confirmed in the slightest.

Elladan and Elrohir - I like to console myself by saying that they're the Elvensmiths reforging Narsil. They look vaguely similar, they've elves...

Imrahil is one of my favourite characters, and it looks like he's out. There's no real justification for his absence, he is after all, as important as Eomer or Elrond.

Despite the fact the Harry from AICN once stated he saw Imrahil on set... I will have to resign to the fact that he's never going to get back in.

(but at least his banner makes an appearance at the coronation :D)

4. Curufeanor

Curufeanor Master Noldori Elvensmith

The Halls of Mandos in Valinor, on my throne where
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As a response to both Gud's and Hiraeth's posts, yes Denethor gets knocked around by Gandalf, gets set on fire and hops off the pinnacle of the battlement cliff of MT. As for Cirdan, he does NOT make an appearance at the grey havens (@$$#0!3$ !!!)

5. redxavier

redxavier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, Cirdan is at the Grey Havens... he appears exactly the same as he does in the Prologue with the Three Rings.