Ebay???

Discussion in 'General Weapons & Armour' started by mattipatti, Apr 30, 2011.

1. mattipatti

mattipatti New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone bought a sword from Ebay? I always think that if you do you are going to get screwed are there any actual deals out there?

2. frogdude

frogdude Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    From what i've seen i'd say there are some decent deals on there. Sadly, we in the UK arent allowed to buy swords on Ebay! To cover yourself ask the seller who the manufacturer of the sword is (keep a copy of their answer), and check it's a trusted one - gen2, cas iberia, hanwei, badgerblades, windlass steelcrafts and tinker peirce are all goodies at the lower end of the price spectrum. Albion and Angus Trim are great but more pricey. Also ask what type of steel it's made of (if it's stainless avoid) and ask if it's battle ready! If the sword then turns out crap, you should be covered by paypal as the item is not as described.

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Treat it like any other ebay purchase. Investigate the seller's feedback, especially the negative. Ask questions about postage and handling etc. There are several reputable retailers who have an ebay presence these days to complement a standalone website. Most won't have a shopfront, just online stores of various types.

4. MartoArmory

MartoArmory New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

We've actually just started selling our sword line on eBay (Amazon as well). There's a few others selling our same brand from China, unfortunately. I'd be careful buying from China, its usually a cheap replica (look closely at the description)

Marto is our sword line.

As Mububban stated, I'd investigate the history of the seller prior to purchasing and go from there.

5. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    I've had nothing but good luck buying on eBay.
    Most of our furniture, leather bound books, computers, etc... all from eBay sellers.
    As others have said, be sure to investigate the seller's history and set your limits before you start bidding on something.

We've got a gorgeous leather sofa in our front room here at the house... got it for $89+shipping from a liquidator business on eBay. It retailed for over $1,200 at the local big brand furniture store. They said it had been damaged and was sold "as is"... I'll be darned if we could find anything wrong with it.