Dungeon Siege movie

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, Jul 5, 2005.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Uwe Boll (director of Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead and the upcoming Bloodrayne) will direct the movie adaption of Dungeon Siege.

Jason Statham and Leelee Sobieski are set to headline the cast the $60 million adaptation of the sword-and-sorcery video game which began filming Sunday in Vancouver.

Statham ("Cellular," "Collateral") plays the film's hero, Farmer, and Sobieski ("The Glass House") has been cast as Muriella, daughter of the court sorcerer Merrick (John Rhys Davies of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy).

Also starring are Ron Perlman ("Hellboy") as Norick, Farmer's friend; Matthew Lillard ("Scooby-Doo") as Duke Fallow; Burt Reynolds ("The Longest Yard") as King Konreid; and Kristanna Loken ("Terminator 3") as Elora, an enchanted tree-like creature whose support proves critical to Farmer.

"This is a very dark, epic picture in the tradition of the Sergio Leone Westerns that blends the imaginative action of 'Hero' and 'House of Flying Daggers,"' Boll said.

"Dungeon Siege" will be ready for release as early as late summer 2006. Boll also is developing movies based on video games "Far Cry," "Hunter: The Reckoning" and "Fear Effect."

Reuters

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Sounds like a nomination for a future Bad Movie Day with my friends....

3. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I like the three primary cast members... I wonder what they are thinking?

4. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Apparently Statham did a good job in Cellular which I dind't see. I wonder if they chose Leelee Sobieski for her acting ability or the fact she's hot. And I'm a fan of John Rhys Davies, but he can be a bit hammy and over the top sometimes. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.