Dumbledore a Phoenix???

Discussion in 'Books' started by spectre, Jul 20, 2005.

1. spectre

spectre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok... in the final chapter the white tomb, right after the body is covered by smoke and the arrows fall, the smoke clears and harry thinks he sees a phoenix into the sky..

i have debated whether it was fawkes but the night before after the phoenix lament he flies off..

so i have come to the conclusion that dumbledore has transformed into a phoenix now being able to keep an eye on harry but still giving harry the freedom he wanted him to have all along on his quest to kill voldy.. i dont know how he could have done it but he was an extremely powerful wizard, or he could have had help from mcgonnogal (or sumthing like that). or is it possible that dumbledore is an animagi of a phoenix and isnt able to transform until his death so he can be reborn from the ashes of himself..

idk. i could be all wrong but it sounds logical.

2. vanaques

vanaques New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it doen't sound realy logical to me, but hey thats me.

I do think that it was fawks becaus a phoenix binds itself to a person untill their death.

however dumbledore has a special conection with the phoenix seeing fawks is his companion and he bears a phoenix patronus.

:)

3. spectre

spectre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    who knows???

4. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    It has been said that Dumbledore's patronus is a Phoenix. I suspect Dumbledore to be an animagus as well, it might even be his form is a Phoenix as well... It is, however hard to say whether it would be a fully functional phoenix.

However, I think to be able to come back to life, Dumbledore needs to be at least in Phoenix form. And he wasn't, many have seen his body. Besides, phoenixes arise from ashes, not from rotting corpses ;)

I think we saw either his patronus leaving him or Snape's Unbreakable Vow lifting or fulfilling or something.

5. Linkk06

Linkk06 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I thought Fawkes flew into the tomb. Okay, now that I'm unconfused I wonder where Fawkes is. And aren't patronuses white? I thought it said something about a streak of scarlet or something, but maybe not. I can't see McGonnagall helping him with that but maybe he put some spell on himself....... No, I don't think it really sounds logical either but it's definitely possible.

6. spectre

spectre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    okay listen as i was reading the 4th book looking for R.A.B. i came across sumthing unusual and quite interesting. ok so i have made the suggestion that dumbledore is a phoenix, this section i am about to quote backs it up even more so.

this quote comes from the chapter entilted priori incantatem. look for the part right after voldy says do nothing unless i command u..

"And then an unearthy and beautiful sound filled the air... It was coming from everythread of the light-spun web vibrating around harry and voldemort. it was a sound harry recognized, though he had heard it only once before in his life: phoenix song. it was the sound og hope to harry...the most beautiful and welcome thing he had ever heard in his life.. he felt as though the song were inside him instead of just around him....It was the sound he connected with dumbledore, and it were almost as though a friend were speaking into his ear."

does this further back the thoery or just a mere coincidence?

7. KeyGirl

KeyGirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really don't think that anyone even Dumbledore could ever transform into phoenix because it's a magical creature... and I'm sure that this makes a difference. On the other hand Dumbledore always has one more trick hidden in his sleeves and I would expect everything from him.

8. Tarantio

Tarantio Naruto Fan!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Dumbledore was a very poerful wizard, and he was capable of alot, Fudge knew DD could takeover the MoM if he wanted. If he was this powerful, it could be possible, anything could happen. I dont think it is the Unbreakable Vow lifting, because it could still be broken...[If i remember it rightly:S]. It could be his Patronus leaving him, but it might just die with him and not be seen..

9. WarriorDrgnMage

WarriorDrgnMage Kuro Ryuu

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand whwer you all got the patronus idea from. Patroni are white and the book spoke of a flash of red. I personally read it as Fawkes saying a final goodbye.

10. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    eh...I don't really know but I'd like to belive spectre's idea of the dumbledor is somehow watching over harry, that'd make me feel better. even if it's not true...

11. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Dumbledore is dead.

Stop trying to make excuses about how he can possibly be alive. He isn't. He didn't drink the Drought of Living Death, nobody drank polyjuice potion and died pretending to be him, and he isn't a pheonix. He's dead. Get over it.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Mau-Mau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ^Someone's got too much of hopeful fans! :p

Yup, it's bad news, but phoenixes come back. Rowling stated that he won't come back.