Drizzt vs Aragorn

Discussion in 'Polls' started by azuren82, Oct 4, 2007.

?

Drizzt Do'Urden vs Aragorn... who will come out on top?

1. Drizzt for the win!

28 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. Aragorn's the man!

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I remember Drizzt saying that he attained the mode of the Hunter during his stay in the Underdark. On top of that, it is said that he can create his own manouvers (sp?) out of nothing. That guy CAN actually find a way to counter Zaknafein's famed move. (Something involving a double sword thrust... not too sure on that... >_<) I guess if it's Aragorn on the receiving end, he may not have the means to do that. Drizzt is a natural fighter to say the least. Btw, Met, I thought that when Drizzt and Wulfgar take down that dragon Icingdeath, Wulfgar was actually wielding Aegis Fang, right? Not too sure on that. Thought Bruenor gave that guy Aegis Fang when he comes of age...

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well to be honest, even with the Aegis Fang, two guys taking on that type of Dragon requires series fighting prowess.

But yea, he used Aegis Fang against Icingdeath aswell as Shimmergloom.

3. Sorillon

Sorillon Thousandth Post Thief

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -0
    I'm no expert of the Forgotten Realms, but according to the WoTC website, White Dragons are the weakest kind:

White Dragons

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  4. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Then you should look at Errtu, dude. That guy's a balor and that kind of demon was freakin' rare in the Lower Planes. Most probably he's more powerful than Icingdeath although that's conjecture on my part. To be fair though, it takes Wulfgar and Drizzt to kill Icingdeath, but in the end, the whole battle with Errtu in Passage to Dawn involved Cattie-brie, Regis and Bruenor as well and plus Guenhwyvar if you want to add in that cat.

That being said though, the whole issue of white dragons being the weakest is crap if you want to use it to have a shot in accessing the difference of ability between Drizzt and Aragon. If there's anything to go by, Aragorn will most likely be pwned outright by a white dragon. In fact, now that I've said it, I do have the impression that there are quite a number of beings that can pwn any member of the Fellowship of the Ring in FR. Maybe even the entire character roster in LOTR except for maybe Morgoth.

If there's one moment where the Balrog of Moria square up against Errtu, I'll put my money on that balor bastard. Sauron could be a match for that guy, but IMO, if you're talking about surviving big time in FR, the only characters in LOTR that can make the cut will most likely be Gandalf the White, the Witch King, Sauron and Morgoth and that's not considering they're going one on one with the entire Faerun pantheon... can you imagine Solonor Thelandira squaring up against Sauron? Dude, Suaron would be pwned big time. As for Morgoth, possibly he can deck it out with intermediate gods, but against the greater dieties like Corellon Larethian, Cyric, Mystra, etc it will most likely be a draw at the best...

5. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lol, does it matter that the White Dragon is weakest of all True Dragons? It it still a most deadly foe, and only two people took it down (Drizzt lacking his magical scimitars).

Although with a fully pimped out Drizzt as he is now Aragorn has no chance. Drizzt had the sworld skills to nearly be on par with Zaknafein (the most brilliant swordsman other than Drizzt) at the age of 19 whilst Zaknafein had 400 years of battle experience. On top of that Drizzt has the advantage of being able to fight better in conditions where it is dark. On top of that, Drizzt is also generally a much faster fighter than the Human Aragorn.

Consider this. Without any weapons, Drizzt is faster than Aragorn. Aragorn uses a double handed sword, slowing him down more, whereas Drizzt uses two very light scimitars. Combining Drizzt's amazing agility aswell as tactical prowess and swordsmanship, add on the fact that Drizzt has inate magical abilities such as casting darkness aswell as levitation (there's some more spells he can use aswell), it all adds up to Aragorn having a tiny chance of winning.

Along with that, Drizzt's armour is more powerful than chainmail and very light. He also wears bracers that increases his already formidable speed even more, but wears them on his ankles since he believes his footwork is equally as important. Yet taking away these special equipment, he's still more than a match to take out Aragorn with comparative ease.

On a lighter note, Drizzt could beat him by outliving him :p

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  6. Sorillon

Sorillon Thousandth Post Thief

Ratings:
    +140 / 1 / -0
    I agree that it wouldn't have much of a bearing on a fight with Aragorn. My point was that he wasn't one of the most powerful dragons. Also, Aragorn never used any sort of magical artifacts, so in a fair fight Drizzt wouldn't be using the bracers, which he might not even need.

7. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea as I said, even without artifacts, Drizzt is a far more formidable fighter than Aragorn. His constant exposure to fighting from such a young age, aswell as his natural ability to cast spells (without magical items) overpowers Aragorn's skill.

It's not that Aragorn's a bad fighter, it's just that he's not as good as Drizzt.

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    have you even read the FR books....?

9. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    and if Drizzt were to fall into any sort of trouble where he might lose, he can just enter his Hunter mode and kill the shit out of everything around him lol

10. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    exactly XD

11. mattymoron

mattymoron New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Drizzt would murder Aragorn. Aragorn might be a Ranger 5/Fighter 5, whilst Drizzt is like a Fight 11/Barbarian 1/Ranger 7

12. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yeah and Drizzt is only one syllable so I can say I voted for him with less time and effort.

13. hendy

hendy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I havent read FR yet, so I can't really compare, but if aragorn has anduril does that mean he has the armies of the dead at his back, in which case I think pretty much anyone is going to get wasted..

14. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Meh when you can kill the dead, it don't mean much.

Plus, does he still command that army? I thought their "service" was done.

15. hendy

hendy New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    since its only a hypothetical fight, it depends when the fight takes place, and who has what?

16. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well to be honest he can only use the army of the dead when he needs it to defend Gondor or whatever and then only once...so yea I don't think in a Drizzt vs Aragorn fight he'll be able to use that :S

17. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Pretty much true on that. The Dead are bound by oath to help Aragorn, but only once although the scenarios are different in movie and book. Honestly speaking, I don't think the number of the Dead are that freakin' much in the book compared to the movie. I guess it could be something PJ cooked up. The ones reinforcing Aragorn in Gondor war for the book are the Rangers of the North which numbered only thirty also known as the Grey Company. The Dead helping Aragorn is just some PJ BS unless you're talking about killing the Corsairs and taking their ship in which yeah, that's what the Dead did in the book. And also take note that I mean the fight as in one on one and under neutral terrain.

18. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Even if they had the undead army...Drizzt got the whole dwarven army of Icewind dale to back him up. Anyone sense some magical weapons to beat down the dead? I do :p

19. azuren82

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    LOL! Not to mention Lady Alustrial and her entire army as well! :D

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Lol yea that woman is chasing after Drizzt even though he's all tied with Cattie-Brie (personally don't think think C-B works with Drizzt, always like Wulfgar and C-B :O)

Search tags for this page
drizzt vs anakin

drizzt vs aragorn

drizzt vsvaragorn
legolas vs drizzt