Drizzt or Zaknafein

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Dreyr Tatosian, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Who would win in a fight?

1. Drizzt Do'Urden

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Zaknafein Do'Urden

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Lol Drizzt learnt the shit that early? I think he's more talented than what a normal reader can give credit for then.

And yes, I know Eilistraee died in 4th ed due to WOTC's epic failure decision. I mean my statement in the sense of the lore, not the present if you get what I mean. :S

And props to you in digging up drow history. If I remember correctly, that spider bitch was at least partially responsible for the shit. Correct me if I'm wrong. Freaking long time since I've checked back into FR. :S

2. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like zak wins :p

3. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    nah, now you're underestimating drizzts ranger training. remember, when he changed from fighter t ranger he lst 6 levels, but he retained the abilities he gaineed under Zaks tutelage.
    when drizzt goes hunter mode he is almost impossible to hit, he gains 7 attacks per round as opposed to zaks 5.
    he's nigh unstoppable.
    i just wanted to show that zak didnt sit around training all day, for most of his career he was malices personal hitman, and a loyal weapnsmaster of menzoberranzan, he patroled in his younger days with the rest of the drow warriors. he was almost impervious to magic (95%magic resistance)
    he actually trained the only person who was capable of defeating him.
    have you ever wondered why drizzt has lavender eyes?
    according to salvatore, eyes of lavender, purple, or ony other off colour of blue denote surface elf heritage.
    zaknafein wasnt pure drow.
    he is a drow moon elf cross, a trait which drizzt and his sister inherited. it allowed them to harness magic better than most drow, and in zak heightened his magic resistance.
    when drizzt goes to the academy and begins to learn how to identify spells cast at him at sorcere, the Hunnet (i know he wasnt a hunnet originally, but to mention the name of a fallen house brings Lloths displeasure, and house hunzrin was destroyed by then), was amazed at drizzts ability with magic. what ever vocation drizzt may have been forced into he was bound to succeed. he was designed as that once in a lifetime hero, with a great destiny. had he embraced lloth he would have become the most powerful and influencial weaponsmaster in the history of menzoberranzan

4. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    yeah almost impossible to hit in hunter mode... I'm sure zak would be more than capable of hitting him. And after the enemies you listed that he fought, it makes me think zak is more superior to drizzt than I originally thought.

And I was not aware they were part moon elf.. I guess we learn something new everyday, ehh :D

5. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    well, zaks benefit was that he became more resistant to magic.
    drizzt and his sister vierna were more partial to magic. their drow functions are more potent. true drizzt has lost many, but he can still use faerie fire with an extra +2 to hit, and his globe of darkness is an extra 5' diamater and lasts and extra 5 rounds.

6. Dreyr Tatosian

Dreyr Tatosian The Paradoxical Hero

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    wow... well i don't know all the technical stuff but I'm sure that Drizzt could have gone through the things that Zak has been through if he were in that situation.

7. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    undoubtedly. and had he not left he would have retained the other abilities he lost when he made his home on the surface.
    there is no one on the realms who could match him with those scimitars.
    he's too fast and too accurate.
    if one were to weaken him it could work.....
    but with zaks alignment he wouldnt resort to trickery

8. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    zak wins

9. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, the fact that Drizzt was hundreds (or whatever) years younger than Zaknafein when they fought and how Drizzt was almost on the same level as him goes to show that Zak was basically at his "prime" and Drizzt hadn't even started. He was able to be on par with Zak and Drizzt still has hundreds of years more to sharpen his skills on levels beyond Zaknafein.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Zaknafein was an incedible character and he had superior skills in his time but Drizzt has gone far beyond Zaknafein especially with everything he's experienced. Drizzt had encountered a variety of different fighting styles. Sure Zaknafein fought some crazy characters in his time but I believe that it was all in the Underdark whereas Drizzt has been able to experience both Underdark and surface opponents, so imo he has a more overall solid fighting background.

Anyways, they are both awesome characters, both have skills beyond belief...lol.

10. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    there was only 4 levels difference in menzoberranzan. drizzt lost 6 levels when changing to ranger but retained the abilities of a 20th level fighter. so technically he's fighter 20/ ranger 16

11. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    That's too technical a statistic to derive from literature canon.

12. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    well the stats for zak are from the 2nd ed menzoberranzan box set. which Salvatore helped design, unfortunately since he wasnt an adventurer during the time of 3rd ed there arent any official stats except for those in this set.
    those for drizzt are constantly being updated, but you can get them from WOTC easily enough. just look for the official ones.
    perhaps the easiest way to explain it from the books is zaks own statement when offering himself as a sacrifice to save his son
    "he is my equal in battle"
    also, the fact that malice accepted the offer, to kill the best and most experienced fighter in the city in exchange for a recent academy graduate? surely it must be clear drizzt was already considered zaks equal.

13. ajjulian

ajjulian New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd really like to know more about zak, i've read many of drizzt books (last one was Servant of the Shard) and there is no additional info about zaknafein than the mentioned in the three first ones (drizzt training, zak sacrifice, and the zin-carla ritual), where can I read about zak's battle against the avatar of ghandau? or his other adventures you previously mentioned?, sounds exciting, or did i miss something when reading those books? (it was like 2 years ago). I thank you in advance for your help.

And, in a Drizzt vs. Zaknafein fight, under normal circunstances, and I mean, when zaknafein was alive and Drizzt on its best moment just before leaving Menzoberranzan (nothing of comparing 400 years old Drizzt against Zak, which Drizzt would win for sure), I definitly think Zaknafein would be the winner, they both are extremely skilled when fighting (the best fighters no doubt), but zak has a lot more experience and is slightly more skilled (and level).

For those who think that Drizzt clearly defeated Zak when this one was under the effect of zin-carla, don't forget that Zak was not at his maximum, that was why Matron Malice had to give, gradually, more freedom of thinking to the Zaknafein espectre (who was hurted several times by Drizzt, inflicting wounds than would be mortal for any drow or living creature) he wasn't at his full skill level, he couldn't remember all his movements, tactics, tecnics, etc, and finally zaks spirit was stronger than malice's will, breaking down the control of the "spell", and choosed by his own will, to die (in the acid pool).

(please excuse if i did any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  14. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    no need. your point is excellent. also, a side effect of the zincarla spell is that the caster suffers the damage that the zombie receives, hence, malice needed zak to be more himself. drizzt is certainly no pushover, and a non thinking zombie cannot possibly defeat him.
    malice suffered terribly and was forced to allow more freedom. she needed zak to win, and since zak was already a chaotic neutral, she figured it would be easy enough to influence him to evil.
    most of the info on zak is easily obtained. join the rpga and you can access it very easily :)

15. ajjulian

ajjulian New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thans for your answer.
    As I said, I'm new in this forum, so I'm not sure what You mean by "join the rpga", is that another comunity, or is that this one or what, I would thank you if You are a little bit more specific?

regards

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  16. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
  17. ajjulian

ajjulian New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tnx for the answer, currentrly looking for more Zak's histories

18. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    join in and look for the chronicles

19. Vaughn Van Drak

Vaughn Van Drak The Emerald King

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It depends on when the fight would take place. Early in the books or later in the books? Drizzt would beat Zak without a doubt now because Drizzt was at Zak's level when Zak was alive.

20. Vaughn Van Drak

Vaughn Van Drak The Emerald King

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where can i find out more about Zak? All i know is what i have read from the Drizzt books.

Search tags for this page
drizzt fights many armed snake woman
drizzt zaknafein alive
how powerful is drizzt
who is the better drizzt or zaknafein
who would win drizzt

zaknafein

zaknafein alive
zaknafein drizzt
zaknafein is better than drizzt

zaknafein stats

zaknafein vs drizzt