Drizzt or Zaknafein

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Dreyr Tatosian, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Who would win in a fight?

1. Drizzt Do'Urden

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Zaknafein Do'Urden

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Dreyr Tatosian

Dreyr Tatosian The Paradoxical Hero

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Simple who would win in a fight between Drizzt Do'Urden and his father, Zaknafein Do'Urden?

2. Endrak

Endrak Resident Mad Scientist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Didn't that already happen in the book itself?
    I'm not sure, really...

3. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    This does not belong in the Debate Section. These types of threads belong in the Poll section.

4. Dreyr Tatosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oh... and he only fought the spider queen incarnation of Zak... it wasn't really zak =P

5. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    On paper Zak is the better warrior... he would dance circles around drizzt

6. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yes Alch, I agree that this is a spamming of the debate thread. It's really annoying in seeing the n00bs posting w/o any consideration of where to post their topics or not even bothering to use the search engine here. :S

But to offer my views here, Drizzt is, by my guess, more talented than Zaknafein. Remember how he managed to invent the counter move against Zak's arguably best offense? And I won't say Drizzt is inferior on paper. Remember Hunter mode?

7. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    When exactly does that happen in the book..? it's been a while since I've read them.

and it was said zak was the greatest warrior in menzoberranzan and one of the greatest in the realms (I think) And to me drizzt is inferior to zak on paper.. yes drizzt has better weapons and equipment, but zak was much older, had more experience and was of higher level.. plus hunter mode is pretty much just a barbaric state of mind, which really would do no good against zak

8. Dreyr Tatosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That happens when Drizzt fights the basalisk with gwhenyvar, and it actually happens a couple of times when he is living out in the underdark by himself.

And I have to say Drizzt because he has fought more enemies in his long life and has expierinced more things. Zak had basically one motive, to kill evil drow. Drizzt, on the other hand, had many motives (protecting his friends, doing good, ridding the world of evil etc.) and exp. many more thing and has fought an array of creatures that Zaknafein hasn't. However in the first book, Zak said he fought two of something (I think it was demons) but Drizzt did defeat the six armed snake demon (on his own) and Errtu, even though that was with friends you have to understand that Errtu was a very very powerful balor.

9. Dreyr Tatosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well thats very rude!!!:argue: ill have you know the reason I put it in the debat thread is because I wanted to debate this! =P

10. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Is that the whole knee in the face thing??? That was a simple counter not a killing blow.. plus I'm sure that it isn't Zaks "Best Move" (and if this isn't what you were refering to, I apologize)

And you pretty much answered it yourself. Yes Drizzt fought more enemies, but Zak killed drow for centuries, he pretty much specializes in it... and guess what? Drizzt's a drow :D Plus having experience fighting a Balor or a Basilisk is irrelevant. Those are different fights using different tactics. Zak wins simply because he's had more experience killing drow.

11. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    To Dreyr: Sorry if I sound rude in my previous post, but to be honest this section is for serious debating, not something meant for leisure discussion. That's why me and Alch are pretty pissed at this one albeit I'm being much more vocal here.

To Luffa: On the counter, tbh it's something that is meant to counter an absolute killing blow. If I remember correctly, once Zak got that double thrust shit in, you're ****ing dead. :S And that move was basically Zak's trump card in a certain sense. As for the Hunter mode, you're wrong in saying it's just a barbaric state of mind. It's not just a simple berserk state fyi. It's actually a state where Drizzt's rage and instincts took over his body to form some kind of imba focus where his skill is definitely heightened a bazillion times over. I dunno how to explain this in an accurate way tho. :S tbh, I think you'll have to reread the Drizzt books if you want to know what I'm talking abt here. ;)

12. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    That may be right, though, with him fighting two weapon style I doubt that's the only badass killing blow he has. Plus, when drizzt did that to him, weren't they just sparring?... I doubt zak was going all out. And yes, you're right about the hunter mode. It has been a while but I remember them going into great detail about it in the Dark Elf Trilogy, sorry about the mistake :p but anyways, the only time I remember drizzt going into Hunter mode was when he was fighting orcs or giants or something else of the like. I can't recall a time where he was fighting an extremely skilled opponent, like Entreri or Zak, though, like before I could be wrong :p ... With Hunter Mode, I guess I can give Drizzt a chance, not necessarily saying he will win because, like I said before, Zak was killing drow for centuries.

13. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Drizzt. He can see what his father cannot to advance his fighting.

DOUBLE PARRY LOW COUNTER BABY!

Also considering the ages when they were last alive and Drizzt current level then yes Zak would beat him, but as the years go on Drizzt just keeps getting better and better. He also has more variety in his battle experience compared to his father.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  14. Dreyr Tatosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You also have to rememeber that Drizzt wasn't just any drow, he was the drow of all drow! he defeated matron mothers and female drow with those enchanted whips. Also, Drizzt was taught in different ways of combat by Montolio, something that Zaknafein doesn't have. Drizzt also can adapt very quickly as he showed when fighting Entreri (drawing the first and second time and then winning the thrid).

15. Dreyr Tatosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No biggie, Ill keep that in mind in the future though if I ever decide to make another poll =)

16. Endrak

Endrak Resident Mad Scientist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So his father would beat him, then? Huh...
    I like Lolth, because she has LOL in her name and she's a giant spider. Weeee...
    I'm at a loss, since I've never read that trilogy all the way through, only bits and pieces.

17. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Geeze I feel like an outcast right now :D

To me, Salvatore made it seem like Zaknafein was the greatest drow warrior, which I believe. He is of higher level (as far as I know) and in any case, centuries of living in the Underdark is going to make for something... I think Salvatore should write a story of when Zaknafein was young in Menzoberranzan, before Drizzt was born. Maybe then we would get a better understanding of how powerful he really was

18. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    and one more thing I'd like to add:

Drizzt didn't defeat Zak when he was a wraith... Zak broke through that mental barrier in which he was being held, and hurled himself into the lake of acid, thus destroying himself.

19. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I doubt it would help. They would just both look good because that's how they will be protrayed but there is no benchmark to mark them both against really.

Circumstance is also part of what makes characters better than others and I believe Drizzt has had the greater variety of experience over his father to qualify him as better.

20. KingLuffa

KingLuffa New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Drizzt has had the greater variety of experience, but that doesn't qualify him as better. Just because he's fought a Balor, a Marilith, etc, etc doesn't mean he is a better warrior. imo the only thing that truly matters is who has had more experience fighting drow. You're not going to use the same tactics used fighting an orc or even a demon against a drow... that's just foolish because they are all completely different. That's why I'm still giving the victory to Zak

Search tags for this page
drizzt fights many armed snake woman
drizzt zaknafein alive
how powerful is drizzt
who is the better drizzt or zaknafein
who would win drizzt

zaknafein

zaknafein alive
zaknafein drizzt
zaknafein is better than drizzt

zaknafein stats

zaknafein vs drizzt