Dragons & Gems

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by PapillonSauvage, Jul 15, 2008.

1. PapillonSauvage

PapillonSauvage Azul

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We would appreciate it if people don't post questions here. If you wish to join or ask about this story, pls first PM me "PapillonSauvage" or my partner "Veki-kun". We will only allow a few people.

Azul was strutting on a broad sandy path in a gloomy and eerie forest. Everything around him seemed scary, way to scary, even for a forest. He was used to forests. He had always lived near one his entire life, and never had it scarred him abit. He had always regarded it as a place of protection and freedom. Like th sea or the air. But this forest was different, most of the trees were bare and held no nuts nor fruits, even though autumn had just begun. Every where he heard little cracks and things scuffling around. No, this place was giving him the creeps, and it was only afternoon. He dreaded what it would be at night time.

Azul tugged at his leather bag. It wasn't a big or special one. It was one his mother had bought specially for him at the towns market, even though he said he didn't need one, because they couldn't afford it, but his mother had insisted on it. Cuz he was going away for quite some time. He was going to become a wizard's novice, or rather his servant.

He tugged at his bag again, he was getting nervous. He was thinking that he might have become lost, and was now walking in the forest aimlessly, but that wasn't possible, cuz there was only one road. He sighed and asked himself" what did I get myself into?". but then he remembered his mother, and all the hardships he'd gone through. He was always bullied. It was always for the same reasons. Because he was either poor, pretty or a mistake in life. He just wanted to be normal, and lead a normal farm life, like the other towns people.

At the far end of the dusty, sandy road he saw a some stones piled up near a statue of some mythical being. It seemed to have leathery wings, sharp beak and claws, and scaly skin. This wasn't a good omen, he thought. and looked up at the castle ahead in dismay. The castle wasn't big, well not as big as he was told in all the stories surrounding it. It was built out of dark heavy stones, that fitted one another perfectly. There was hardly any space between the stones. The roots of the ivy , that were clinging on desperately, were liked little veins and arteries. It had one middle tower, which was towering high above all the others. Suddenly he saw a man on a tower above the metal gate, with think brown hair, a stubble, dark leathery clothes and deep bordeaux, almost black coloured cape that was draping around his shoulder, chest and bare arms.

A little shiver went up Azul's spines as he focused abit more on the man's face. A harsh and cold wind blew and made Azul's clothes go up and wapper in the wind. For a few seconds he was blinded by his own, silky black hair that gave a soft sapphire shine, in the low afternoon sun. As soon as his face was freed from his hair, he looked up again, but the man he saw just a few second ago was gone. Azul was wondering who that man was and if he'll see him again. " I'll probably will, since he must live in that castle" he said almost whispering to himself. " I hope he isn't my master" he thought, and then gave a deep sigh and hung his head low. " Oh mother, I wish you were here" he said, but as soon as he remembered his mothers words, who said that he should always do his best, in what ever situation he was in, his spirits were rekindled and he retook his steps. The closer he got to the castle the more intimidated he was by the gargoyles. He walked over the thick wooden bridge, who was supported by huge iron chains that were as long as a full grown man arms, and was held together by jolts as big as a man's head.

When he was at the metal gate, who had a dark bluish shine, and had engravings of a miraculous animals, he knocked a few times. Which was futile he noticed. then he said in a quivering voice " Excuse me I'm here for master Nergal". But nothing happened, so he raised his voice and said again " Excuse me I'm here for Master Nergal, I am to be his apprentice" As soon as he finished his bowling, the gate give a few loud clanks, bangs and creaked, and it opened

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  2. veki-kun

veki-kun Alen, the cursed thingie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The sun was just rising when Alen got to his favourite part of the world. It was a cliff by the sea, just near his hometown Pensington. Pensington was a rather small town, nearly a village, but it was known for it's market, that was there on every Saturday, the high peek of the life in the town. Many men came to the town in that day and by the next sunrise there would just be leftovers to clean.

Alen loved to come to that cliff every day to watch the days awakening. Many birds were neasting on that cliff of his and he new all their names. But that day he was sad, for he won't see them a very long time. His master, highly respected wizard lord Khimlord of Pensington, sent him on a far most difficult mission ever. Lord Khim, as Alen often used to call him, was a nice man, appeared to be in his early thirties, with a long blond hair that reminded Alen of the sun's shine that he so loved. His master had many many bracelets and rings on his hands, and he often toled stories how he got them to Alen. Some were really romantic, and some dark as the night without stars and moon, when clouds covered all the land, as far as human eye can see.

He stayed with his toughts for a little while and listened to the songs of the birds, as the some was going up the horizon. ''Time to pack my stuff'' said Alen and stud up on the cliff. A cool breeze started to mess around Alen's brown hair and clothes as he was leaving the place.

All the people in the town knew Alen, but no single one of them knew how he lost his parents and how he ended up in this town, because he was quiet and he often helped people so they liked him as he were. When he got to his cottage on the other end of Pensington, he started packing his clothes and making some food for him. ''Well i could easily catch something on my way but just in case'' he said to himself, and prepared the fire for he was about to fry him some eggs. It was already noon when he did everything he had to and begun his journey.

First stop was his master's castle. He didn't really like to go in there because the place gave him the creeps. But he knew that he would get some of that delicious potion of his lord's. He still didn't know when he was about to continue his mission, or what it exacty was, but he knew it wouldn't end so quick.

The castle was just in front of a very spooky forest he hated. Lord Khim often toled his stories about that place too. And those weren't really happy stories. He said that the forest holds no living things, But much worse...

When he arrived Khim was waiting for him in front of the bridge. ''Hop onto my staff'' he said with a smile and than, with few jumps, they jumped to the highest tower of the castle. There was Alen's room. ''Unpack, we're going to have a tea break'' said lord Khim and quickly and elegant as only he was left the room. Alen did what he was toled and went down to the kitchen. Master Khim didn't have any servants, however, he had brooms that whiped the floor themselves, plates and mops that would clean themselves, and a whole bunch of other enchanted stuff.

''Oh God you could at least wash your face young friend'' noticed Khim and grabbed Alen and plunged his face into the water. ''There, much better. Now just to dry you up'' he said and enthusiastically grabbed one of them magical mops and started rubbing his face. Alen smiled.

''I hope you like hare's meat, for that is what i (khm) they'' and showed to the stowe and potts ''made for us''. ''Yeah ofcourse. They're my favourite'' replied Alen. The candles were lightned up and they started to eat. ''Ok, off you go to your night ''walk'' young fella'' Khim quietly said when they finished eating. ''Yes my lord'' replied Alen and ran up the stairs to his room. He went to the window and from there climbed up to the peek of the tower. He felt the fresh dusk air on his skin. He looked up in the sky and his pupils became thin as ones of the cat and his nails on arms grew as claws and some scales on his hands. He spread his feathery wings and flew into the air...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  3. PapillonSauvage

PapillonSauvage Azul

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The metal gate with it’s epic engravings opened up for Azul. When he suddenly saw a dark shadow fly in the sky. He saw the dark shadow head for the forest up further. He wanted to know what it was, so he decided to follow it. While running he noticed that the shadow was beating wings, so he thought for a second it was an angel. “ But what would an angel do here, they’ve left the world of men to look over them from up in paradise” he said huffing. Azul ran as fast as he could, not wanting to lose sight of the shadow. He didn’t notice the out sticking roots from the ominous trees that grew next the path.

With his eyes fixed on the shadow, he trip over the root and fell hard on the ground, scaving his chin. “ aiaiadaiidai” he cried out. “ huhhh just my luck” he said, with a painful voice. He straightened himself and felt for his chin, when his index –and middle finger stroked the wound, it gave off a little sting that was replied with a little “ai”. Azul stood up and patted off the dirt on his clothes.

He looked back up at the sky. It was getting darker fast, and grey clouds were accumulating. There was no sign of the shadow anymore. “Perhaps I should head back” he said considering it himself. But he so badly wanted to know what that winged shadow was. “ Maybe I’ll see it again” he said and sighed and turned around. He looked around to see where he was, but he didn’t recognise anything. “ Oh dear I’m lost, what now !!!

4. veki-kun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alen felt the fresh night air on his skin. He looked up in the sky and his pupils became thin as ones of the cat and his nails on arms grew as claws and some scales on his hands appeared. He spread his feathery wings and flew into the air. His hair was playing with the wind and clothes danced unsteady on his body, and the wind was howling beneath his wings. He did few circles around the castle in the air when he saw someone standing in front of the doors of the castle. ''I could scare him abit, maybe he'll think the gargoyls that are sculptured here on the castle are real and breathing. I'm sure master would love me to do this'' Alen thought and started collapsing towards that person. When he came close enough, but not to close so that other man couldn't see what it was, he started climbing into the sky again.

''Now i can peacefully continue my flight...'' he thought. Alen was now flying above that cursed forest nobody liked, but he wasn't scared because he was flying above it, and not through it. ''If the forest holds some demons or spirits (which i bet there are none), they wouldn't leave the forest, it's their realm after all.'' – but he was wrong, very wrong.

Alen could have sworn that a minute ago the sunset was bright and you could even see the moon on the other side across the sun, but now when he looked above himself the clouds were accumulating fast. ''Magic..'' he tought and prepared himself for what was coming next. Suddenly some black shadows started barging out of the forest and started gaining on him, as he started flapping his wing faster and faster till he wasn't flying as fast as a jet nowadays. ''What for the love of everything holy is that!!'' screamed Alen and started manoevring so they would loose the sight of him. The shadows were gaining on him fast and not he could hear their thundery buzzing. Alen took a second and looked across his shoulder and saw those disgusting creatures. The demons looked like giant bugs with gross human faces and big noses, as they were cursed with the most heavy curse of them all. Alen was scared as hell and he had no idea what to do and than he thought:''Clouds...''

As fast as lightning and with agility as cat on the ground he fooled those creatures in the sky so they didn't know where he went. Just a second after that he appeared behind them, but they must have senced his somehow, for they were now all over him, biting him and griting him. Alen screamed and started breathing fire.

Next morning he woke up and saw himself in a small cottage, so small that it could hardly be of human possesion. Alen saw a boy sitting on a chair next to him and grabbed for his dagger he always had tightend to his belt, but now he realised he was only wearing bandages allover himself. In the cottage was also some small hodge like demon. The demon was standing on his hind legs which looked like ape's, and his ears and nose looked like the ones from the bat. Alen was scared to death and tried to escape but he couldn't even sit up straight, and when he tryed to do so, the boy that was sitting just next to him, stoped him and leaned forward, put his hand on Alens mouth and said:''I am Azul, but call me Lapis for now...'' Alen looked with his dum look at Azul. The boy had beautiful long black hair, just till his shoulders, and sparkly eyes that looked full of joy. He also had bruises and scratches allover himself...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  5. PapillonSauvage

PapillonSauvage Azul

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Azul closed his eyes.He tried remembering what his mother had said, when he was lost in a forest. She had said that when you listen closely you could her the trees and plants talk. Though he wasn’t sure they would in this dead forest. His mother also had said to trust fate and follow the path it has woven for us. He opened his eyes again. He felt something weird, a sudden change in the atmosphere. He looked up at the sky and saw the moon and sun at the same time. “ What’s happening” he asked into the air. No real answer came but from the North he could hear a roar and a mix of yowl and hisses.

He knew it wasn’t something good and probably dangerous, but his soul felt compelled to see what happened. He started walking towards where the sounds were coming from. He quickened his pace when the sounds from above were getting more clear and louder. From the sky he could see a black bundle of shapes falling. It fell a few yards further from Azul in the woods, but the breaking of branches and twigs was loud enough to hear from that distance. Azul ran straight through some bushes, scaving himself on the thorns and ripping parts of his cape. When he got out of bushes he could see the black mob in all it’s different shapes. It was mainly made out of wings. There were two huge scalely feathered wings and the rest were al grey leathery wings.

The sights of them were enthralling, until he could distinct a face. Azul then realised there was a person in that pile of monsters and he was being attacked. Azul took one of the closest branches in his reach and ran up to the monster ball and swung hard around him, hitting everything in his proximity. The foul grey winged monsters averted their attention from the man to Azul now and attack him instead. “ aah get off me” he yelled, still swinging the branch hard,like trying to fight them off. This situation was getting bad, there were just too many, he was no match for them. They were all over him, grabbing, scratching, biting. Tears were welling up, he didn’t want to end this. He fell onto the ground near a big root from a big oak tree, that still had some meagre leafs growing. With all his might he crawled to the out sticking root.

He wanted to get up, but the monsters were too heavy. The only thing he could do was reach for it and hold it firmly, biting away the a pain. In his mind he was hoping that it would all end soon, just like all those times when he was being bullied back home. But it wasn’t stopping, and the pain was far greater . He wanted to go back home, he wanted to run in the meadows of the golden fields he so loved, where his mother would wait for him at the other side. He needed to be saved, he was helpless. He could never do anything himself, he was a weakling, a pathetic being, that was only good to be looked at and to look at things. Azul started crying, he couldn’t stop it. He had enough of this life, but he still wanted to go on. His voice was gone from the pain he had to endure, but his mind went vivid. Al he could think of was help and to become stronger.

Then suddenly he could feel his energy slipping through the root he was holding. He heard a soft moaning in his head, and something that was very much like a yawn. But he couldn’t linger too much on these fantasies, because the monsters talons were digging into his flesh. “Help me “ he cried out. He heard a sudden rumble and the monsters stopped their attack. Then out of nowhere thick roots were shooting fast from the ground and pierced the monsters. Wings were being ripped to pieces, legs and arms were pulled and dragged on the ground, smashing them hard. Azul could see the black blood splashing everywhere and screams and screeches were filling the air. The remaining surviving monsters fled and let Azul and the stranger behind while the roots were retracting. Azul managed to get back up, he was sore everywhere, but he didn’t care.
    He lay his hand on the trees trunk and closed his eyes. “ Thank you” he said in between his sobs and wiped away his tears. The tree shifted his branches. Azul smiled and said “ goodnight”. After that was done, Azul ran up to the stranger. He stooped and looked at him closely. This man was the source of the wings, he also had scales on his face and his hands were also scaled and had big dragon like claws. Azul squatted down and eventually fell on his knees and bend down. He lay his head with his right ear on the strangers bleeding chest . His heart was still beating and his breathing was quite calm for someone was just attacked by demons. Azul ripped a few pieces of his cape and bound them around the strangers wounds on his arms and legs to make the bleeding stop, but it wasn’t helping much.

He looked around for someone to help, but all he could see were cracking and howling hollow bare trees. Nevertheless he still kept calling, wishing there would at least a passerby by any chance. Abit further from under a tree Azul could swear he could here someone or something swearing. Some rocks and branches were moving and made a dark whole under the thick tree visible. Out of the whole came out a small hodge like demon, standing on his feet, that looked like monkey's and had bat like nose and ears. “ Whats ins bloodys blazes is goings ons?” it said“ Whos dares tos creates suchs havocs ands wakes mes ups!!” the creature kept on mumbling. Azul noticed that he was lisping and every word he made ended with an “s”.

Azul wasn’t really sure what to do. He was a little creature, but still a demon that might attack them, because they had made it angry. “We’re awfully sorry, sir” Azul tried, trying to appease the demons anger. “ This man was being attacked by grey winged demons inhabiting these forest, and I helped him , sir” he tried to explain. Azul saw that it was having some affect, cuz he was just looking at them with a grumpy but puzzled face. It let out a little sigh and rolled it’s eyes. “ Fines, lets takes hims tos mys places tos treates hims” he said. Azul grabbed the stranger under his armpits, and made his arms go together, so that his elbows would touch one another, that way the head of the stranger was supported as well. The little ugly hodge held him by his legs. For such a small creature, he was pretty strong for it’s size.

They were heading for the thick tree. Azul had to buck at first to enter, but he could soon stand up straight again. They were soon standing in a big room that had a musky smell mixed with that of herbs and burned wood. They lay the stranger down on a bed topped with long dry golden straw and murky covers and pillow. “ Dos yous haves anys knowledges ofs herbs “ the hodge asked Azul. “ Yes sir, my mother taught me” he replied. “ Gos looks fors somes stinging nettles ands aconites” the hodge ordered. “ Yes, sir” Azul said immediately looking for them. “ Stops callings mes sirs, I’s ain’ts humans” it said grumpily. “ Oh yes ssi, yes, then what should I call thee then ?” Azul asked intrigued. “ Grimmhogs thes names” It said rather cheery. It sounded like there was supposed to be an answer coming from Azul after he revealed his named. Grimmhog made a little grump noise which made Azul realise that he wanted to know his name as well. “ Oh my name, my name is..” he stopped to think. His mother had told him, that if he ever encountered a demon of any kind, never to tell him your real name, because they may take control over you by stealing it. “ I’m called Lapis” he quickly said with a faint smile.

After Azul had gathered the required weeds and herbs, they treated the stranger’s wounds and bandaged him. Azul was getting tired. He asked Grimmhog, if he could stay next to the stranger. Grimmhog didn’t mind, and left the two behind and went out in the forest. The next morning Azul woke up and heard the door of the little cottage like room open and saw Grimmhog enter his arms full of twigs, weeds and even three dead rabbits. Azul wondered where he found those. He looked at Azul and asked “ hows yours wounds doings?”. “ Fine, they're nothing, just some bruises and scratches” he replied back. He wish it were just bruises and scratches. He had treated himself too, with some not-so-wanted help from Grimmhog. He was still sore everywhere, and sleeping on the ground like that wasn’t really helping at all. The man in the straw bed shifted abit. He was waking up. He immediately reached under his pillow, but nothing but long straws were to be found there. He then tried to sit up straight, but Azul stopped him and held his hand for his mouth. “ shhhhs you’re safe, I’ve treated you’re wounds. I’m Azul, but call me Lapis for now” he whispered in his ear.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  6. veki-kun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ''Wh-what-why are you holding your hand on my mouth?!?'' Alen said with his tone a little raised, and started wiggeling in the bed. ''Try not to move so much...'' said Azul'' your wounds are still quite fresh''. Alen now got even more scared and raised his voice: ''And who are YOU to tell me what should I do! I had everything under... ARGH!!'' Alen felt pain like someone stabbed a knife below his heart and grabbed that place with his hand. ''You really need to rest! And eat something first, so your wounds could heal more faster!'' said Azul shouting, because it seemed the only way Alen could hear him. ''OK...'' Alen replied with shivery voice. ''You better be nice because you are getting your breakfast to bed'' Azul said with a polite smile, now when he got his attention.

Azul tried to sit in his bed but it was really difficult for him since his whole body was in pain. Hodge like demon gave Alen a plate that was followed by some swearing and babbeling so no one could really hear him. ''Thank you kind sir'' said Azul when the demon gave him the same plate with some sticky mass inside of it. ''Whats dids we sais fors sirs Lapises?'' replied Grimmhog. ''That thing TALKS?!'' asked Alen terified. Grimmhog ran in front of him with great speed and pointed his stick that he used to mix that sticky mass like he wanted to stab him: ''Yous humanses don'ts knows yours mannerses. Yous shoudnts puts others beeingses belows yous!'' and turned back to cooking. After a while he gave that same sticy mass to Alen and said: '' Eats!'' and started eating hastly himself.

So, naked stranger'' said Azul and giggled '' what is your very appreciated name?'' ''Alen... My name is Alen.'' Grimmhog looked up surprised with eyes opened and now they looked like two full moons, with whole face covered up by what he was eating: ''Yous foolishes boys! Thats ises yours reals names! Didin'ts anyones sais to yous nevers to tells yours reals names to strangerses ors worsts DEMONSES?!?'' Alen looked ashamed at his plate, for now he remembered his masters words about this subject, but he had totally forgot about it. ''Yous haves reallys goods lucks that Is ams a honorables demons thats nots in tos controlins menses, buts thises is whats yous needs to remembers'' said Grimmhod full of pride. ''Oh-ok—okay...'' said Alen stuttery.

After they've eaten Alen felt like he had been working on a field all day and had to rest. That other boy, Azul or Lapis, Alen wasn't sure anymore, helped him to lay down again in his bed. He layed down and already felt much better, closed his eyes and fell asleep babbeling: ''Thank you, boy with two names, i am really thank---'' ...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  7. Acerbus09

Acerbus09 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ... is this free for anyone to join?

8. PapillonSauvage

PapillonSauvage Azul

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    “ Oh Just be quiet okay, you’re hurt and you shouldn’t move so much or your wounds will get open again” Azul said to the stranger who was squirming like mad. Azul was getting quite fed up with this man attitude. His annoyance was rising and he could no longer keep it in. “ In case you haven’t noticed but you’re laying in bed with wounds that most NORMAL people wouldn’t survive. Oh yes you’ve got everything under control” As soon as Azul got everything he wanted to say out of his system his face blush cuz he felt ashamed by his behaviour. The stranger saw this little feat and made a little grinface. Azul wanted so dearly to make him stop so he changed to subject .” UUHm anyways, you should eat. I don’t know much about demoncooking, but it can’t be that bad cannit be right. Grimmhog caught two young tender hares and you’ll need all the energy to heal your wounds”. When Grimmhog heard Azul’s uttering he let out a little grump and held his head high in dismay. The stranger was still pouting his lips and looking away from Azul, which Azul found kind of funny because it reminded him of a stubborn little child in his village. He always got his attention when eh talked about food, maybe this would be the same type. “If you’re nice I’ll your breakfast to bed” As soon as Azul finished his sentence the stranger's head pointed directly to him and a wide a smile appeared on his face. This made Azul giggle. The Stranger made a dumfounded face because he simply had no clue why Azul was giggling about.

Grimmhog made notice that breakfast was ready. Azul sat down on the little wooden table with two trunks as chairs Azul wanted to bring the stranger his breakfast because he was getting rather fond of him, Grimmhog didn’t want to hear anything about such nonsense. He gave Azul his plate and thanked him, but forget the warning Grimmhog had given him before and Grimmhog reminded him finely. When Grimmhog spoke, the stranger was terrified, which was rather odd to Azul since he himself was kind of not normal himself, this made him giggle once more. After that the stranger got a preach from Grimmhog, because he was certainly not pleased with the Stranger’s reactions to everything. Yeah he should have at least be abit more grateful and more respecting, but it can be can quite shocking if it’s your first time meeting such a “THING”. When Grimmhog finished his slither preach he reluctantly gave The stranger his plate with the mushy brew that was meant to be food. Azul look at his own plate and his stomach made a flip and all the hunger was gone. But somehow Alen like it, well perhaps not like, but he just wolfed it down, probably to avoid tasting any of it but just to fill his empty stomach that was roaring.

Azul realised he still didn’t know the strangers name. He thought that's what he at least deserved to know after risking his own life for him. So to take his mind of his “delicious and exquisite” dinner he asked the stranger’s name. He was called Alen. But with one “L”. This made him think of all the people in his village. Hardly no one could read nor write, and so does the rest of the population, so he thought that was kind of useless to mention. Azul soon regretted he even asked Alen after his name. Another preach was threw at him the instant he revealed his name. The preach was about how foolish it was and how utterly dangerous it was to just out your name in the being of a demon or any other magical creature. Azul felt stupid for asking Alen and made his lips move, without a sound, the word “sowwy”. Alen just had to contemply himself with it and swallow everything Grimmhog was saying without any talk backs.

Azul saw that Alen was getting tired, so he helped him to lay on his back. He stayed with him and held his left hand until he fell sound asleep. When Azul was sure that Alen was in a deep sleep he asked Grimmhog if it would be okay for him to go outside. Grimmhog didn’t want him to go outside yet, but Azul explained that his master was waiting for him and that Alen came from the place he was going to and that they might get worried about them. Grimmhog had to give in after Azul’s reasoning and said that he should only go straight ahead when he left the burrow to find the path. He got himself ready to go, but still felt bad that he had to leave Alen behind. He walked over to Alen and crouched down and whispered in his ear that he’ll be back soon and he promised it. He squeezed Alen’s hand and left.

He was outside the burrow and inhaled deep. The air was fresh and clean. It cleared his mind and he set off to the castle. It took Azul half another to find the path through the thorny bushes and the easily mistakes trees . It took him one more hour to the castle. It was a big relief, but when he looked up at the wooden and steel portal it intimidated him again and the gargoyles weren’t helping it. He gathered all his courage and started knocking the portal and yelling out his name. Loud bangs were replied by his hitting. It was soon opened by a beautiful blond man. He had a noble stature and his face was very refined. But even by seeing this magnificent display Azul still felt something was wrong with this gorgeous man. He was lost in thought but the man in front of him snapped him back and wanted an explanation for he ruckus. Azul was still panting from the running and he was tripping over his words and it took quite some time for the other man to understand him. He said that Azul should get inside and calm himself. Azul refused because he wanted to go back to Alen, but he insisted that he should get inside.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  9. veki-kun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After they've eaten Alen felt like he had been working on a field all day and had to rest. That other boy, Azul or Lapis, Alen wasn't sure anymore, helped him to lay down again in his bed. He layed down and already felt much better, closed his eyes and fell asleep babbeling: ''Thank you, boy with two names, i am really thank---'' ...

Alen found himself on a field filled with a lot of yellow flowers. It somehow gave him the feeling of safety and comfort. He turned around himself and suddenly black smoke started queing up from nowhere and he found himself in the middle of some battle. It was all really confusing for him and he could sense the smell of death in the air. He was scared and had nowhere to escape. Every time he tried going somewhere people would cross his path and stop him. He was feeling so helpless and didn't know what to do. Everything around him was dark and blood was going from everywhere.
    He felt that something touched his arm. That something was somebody's hand but he couldn't see the face from all the smoke and from the speed of that person's running. As the person grabbed his arm and pulled him after itself alen could only see the cape fluttering in the wind. The image was fading away and the fluttering cape seemed more and more distant until he heard a piercing voice.

''Wakes ups youses needs to eats!!'' said the small hodgelike demon. ''You'lls needs the strengsts to gos backs with youngs Lapises!'' Alen could feel the rivaly tone of the Grimmhog's voice but he was too sleepy to care. ''WAKE UP YOU LAZY DOG!!'' shouted Grimmhog from the bottom of his souland what was wierd to Alen is the fact that he didn't say ''s'' after every word. Alen quickly sat up in his bed and opened his eyes wide in wonder. ''Dos youses haves anys ideas what youngs Lapises did for yous?! Yous have nos ideas thats hes been upses alls nightses because ofs youses?! Dos yous haves any ideas thats heses mights been deads because of youses?! HE SAVED YOUR LIFE!!''

Alen's eyes filled with tears and his lip started quivering. ''T-t-that's the most touching s-story I ever heard...'' said Alen trough tears and stutter. Grimmhog just rolled his eyes and said: ''You'ves beens sleepingses a longs times nows, Is thinksa it'ses times tos eat agains.'' All the time Alen was eating he thought about Grimmhog's words and started remembering that night that they were attacked. He remembered Azul's stare when he looked him in the eyes like everything will be fine and everything was wrong. He remembered Azul's strenght although he was phisically weaker than Alen. The second Alen finished his meal the doors of the small cottage opened and Alen saw Azul coming in. His eyes filled with tears again and he ran towards Azul and hugged him really hard. As Azul was taller than him he looked up and said: ''I'll never forget what you did for me pall'' Azul just looked confused and stood there in awe...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  10. ~Pandora~

~Pandora~ Triana the Vampire

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In the cursed forest, as some like to call it, as usual she dwelled observing. Her 400 year old intuition has been giving her the feeling like someone, or something is corrupting the harmony in her forest. Her name is Triana. She is a damned soul, brought to the eternal life by dark energy that will follow her wherever she goes. She is a vampire. And although she is not an Ancient, she could bring a deadly performance versus one, for she is spiritually enlightened and knows the secrets of the spiritual realm.

The forest, filled with the negative energy, gives her the feeling of affiliation that she needs. She is used to be lonely and loneliness doesn’t bother her as much as it used to, but it’s still nice to be somewhere where you feel like you belong. So here and there she comes to the forest, to rest her mind or heal. The creatures don’t bother her because even though they are unintelligent they know that they are no match for her power.

So there she was, lying under her favorite old tree, when she felt an uninvited presence on the east side of the forest. When she tried to use her mind power to go inside the mind of that strange guest, she couldn’t -,,An Ancient? Hmph... He might have sensed me when I was off guard and created a block… this should be interesting.”- She thought while her lips formed a smirk. Triana decided to pay that Ancient vampire a visit.

As she got there, moving at the speed of light, but still stealthy as a cat, she stood far enough so that she could see everything but still not be spotted. The sight that she has seen was confusing even for Triana who thought that she has seen it all. There was that man… for whom she could tell that he wasn’t one of her own, and he wasn’t on this earth for long, in her eyes he was a child. He had beautiful wings and little scales on the limbs and face, and he was being attacked by the Kurrda’am, the demons that the human race fears the most because most of them live on the edges of the forest, so when one enters the forest, they usually become their victims.

The man was screaming and endured a lot of pain, and she knew that she could easily scare the Kurrda’am away, but from her experience its best not to interfere. Triana felt a little shock when she realized that her curiosity has made her care about a complete stranger. There was something about him that she couldn’t understand and she desperately needed an answer. –“How is it that this boy can’t beat the Kurrda’am when he has enough power to build a mental defense that even I can not break? And those scales… What is he? I’ll let him struggle a bit, that is what he gets when he enters the restricted area. But I’m sure this isn’t the end of this one…” after a short while Triana saw that he was on the edge of his power, and all of a sudden a man came along, swinging a stick around like a lunatic
    -“This looks promising…”-she thought, and despite all of the confusion and anxiety she took a moment to take a peek inside the mans mind. His name was Azul, and she could sense that he is a traumatized being, scared but brave, he had a talent for magic –“aah! A wizard! I guess that in the middle of all this confusion he didn’t have the concentration to perform his skills..”

At this point she has sensed another thing, a deep connection among the two, and she realized that this isn’t happening for no reason, somebody must have created this situation on purpose! Terrified, she said the name-“Khimlord…” she couldn’t risk being spotted so in a hurry she leaned her hands on a big oak tree that has lost it’s life long ago, and quickly said a mantra that she learned from the secret book of Wicca and added her personal touch. Her power conducted through the tree giving it life. She knows that there are a lot of lost spirits in the forest who would like to take revenge upon those who are responsible for their disturbed state of mind, so she didn’t have to do much to summon them and amalgamate them into the oak tree, but still it took her much power and concentration to do so.

She felt the souls going through her body, like she was their medium, as they entered her body she could see the horror of their deaths. Torn limbs, ripped flesh, desperate shouts and screams… as they all have passed her heart was racing and her body was shivering but she was relieved when she saw the results come almost instantly! The roots were rising from the dry earth, making little clouds of dust and dirt, making her a perfect opportunity to escape because she was weak and fatigued. She took a final glimpse at the scene she made. The Spirit tree’s branches were forming spikes and started their brutal vengeance upon the Kurrda’am demons. “I’ve done my job… now you’re on your own, boys.”

After she healed and restored her energy Triana decided to pay her dear friend Khimlord an unexpected visit. She swiftly charged through the forest and the fields following Khimlord’s energy which wasn’t hard to pick up, since he has an enormous amount of it. She stood in front of his Victorian castle and then flied, or better said - teleported in his quarters knowing he’ll enter any moment. Triana stood by the window, just far enough that the moonlight doesn’t hit her. The sound of a key digging through the padlock and the scent of his expensive perfume have announced his arrival.

“Come out, come out, immortal friend” They have the ability to sense each other’s presence, which is very strange for a human to posses. She came out of the shadow direct in the moonlight. Triana looked so beautiful with her porcelain skin and her torn robe fluttering in the midnight wind. In her cyan eyes he could see that she was drained and hasn’t fed in a while. –“I know what your twisted little mind has come up with, Khimlord.” –“well yes, it was always hard to hide something from you, wasn’t it?”- said lord Khimlord and ended his sentence with a laugh.

He elegantly picked up a bottle of chardonnay and started poring it in a beautiful crystal glass –“So, would you care for a drink? I see you could use one.” – “Are you offering yourself?” – She said with a dead serious face, which always made Khimlord have the chills, although he never let himself show that to her. So he replied, again, with a heartily laughter. “Oh yes, I forgot that you have an exquisite taste.” -“Enough with this nonsense. You know very well why I’m here.”-Triana said with the same expression on her face.-“And the reason is?”-“Don’t act ignorant. I’m here so that you listen to reason. If you do fulfill your plans, it will not only destroy the world we live in, it will also destroy you. Child, you don’t know what you’re playing with.”

Khimlord felt quite irritated at this moment. Who is she to put herself above him? – “Don’t you dare insult me! You know very well that I could easily blast you to pieces! I will not--“-“No. You could not. We both know why. So don’t you act tough now, and don’t lure me into battle, or we shall finish this conversation with bloodshed.” He made a few steps to her and said -“Is that an invitation?” she was itching for a good fight for a long time, but Triana had to restrain those feelings even though she knew he couldn’t possibly kill her. But she knew that their fight would be a massacre. “Unfortunately, I’m not here for a fight. And I see that I can not change your false direction. But be warned, I will do everything that is in my power to stop you. And I’m going to protect the children you are about to use.” Then, all of a sudden, someone knocked on the door. Khimlord turned his head to the source of the sound, and Triana decided to end their meeting and disappear. He looked back and realized that she’s gone –“Darn! She knows about the children! Damn that wretched mind-reading vampire! I really must learn how to block my mind or she’ll be in the advantage. This means war Triana, it would have been better for you if you would just stay out of it. But fine, at least you’re making this more fun…” he smirked and went to open the door to the unexpected stranger.

11. PapillonSauvage

PapillonSauvage Azul

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Azul didn't really know how to react to this. Never before has anyone ever thanked him for anything, besides his mother. Should he be happy now or cautious ? People were nasty kinds of creatures in the best of times. But he didn't feel any mock or discontempt from Alen. In his bedazzlement Azul didn't know what to say. Also what surprised most him was how well Alen looked. He had been awefull and covered in gaping wounds everywhere, but now there wasn't even a scratch on him. Like anything had happened at all.

" You should be in bed, you're hurt!" he pleaded, but Alen just shrugged it off saying that he was perfectly fine. Azul observed him and minded how small he was for his age. Azul was barely 14 and he was already sticking with his head over Alen.

” You're awefully small aren't you”, “I thought you were older than me, guess I was wrong again?” he tried to laugh off, but this tiny mistake ruined the mood and broke Alen from his teary pleas. If looks could kill, Alen had stabbed Azul 250 times in the chest. It made Azul's hair stand up.

“Sorry, I didn't know it was such a delicate subject.” Azul's face was one epitome of remorse. But Alen didn't forgive him that easily. He crossed his arms and made a pouty face, lifting his head and looking away. Grimmhog sighed and said “ Humans theses days, I'lls nevers understands thems, nots ins as hundreds years, nevers.” He shook his head a couple times and went on with his daily chores before he showed Azul and Alen the way out of the curses forest.

Some time later, after Alen let Azul reluctantly help him in his clothes and packed some things for on the road, Grimmhog was leading the duo to the nearest and safest path through the forest that would take them to the main road, or at least as close and he could get. He told them he wouldn't go any further, for he didn't want to get involved with any humans anymore till the rest of his greasy skin dried up and his pig's nose could no longer smell the dirt under a person's skin.

When they neared the main road, Grimmhog saw them off, with a bit of regret in his heart. Even though he wasn't fond of humans, he did enjoy their company. It was good while it lastet, but humans always brought trouble along side them, which was the last thing he needed. Azul waved him goodbye while yelling he'd never forget him and hoping he'll see him once again. Grimmhog sourly replied not to count on it, Azul chuckled at the remark. Grimmhog then left to return to his underground home. Alen hissed at him not to yell, unless he wanted to attract any more forest fiends. Azul flinched at the idea as he remembered the attack. Some bits were blurry and he wondered if he really did such a great feat. He shrugged his shoulder and sighed. It was no use breaking his head over, he was just happy to survived that, even though he didn't understand how they did, but it didn't really matter.

Azul wanted to ask several questions to Alen, but noticed that he was picking up pace, so he tried to catch up. Alen didn't even tried to share him a glance and all Azul got to see what the back of his brown head and his grass green wool cape. He just kept on walking onwards with his hands in his pockets. Azul figured he was still cross about what he had said about his height. He bowed his head, shading his face with his raven hair and darkening his sapphire like eyes. He couldn't stop thinking about that attack. He opened his mouth, but got interrupted when Alen, still obviously annoyed, asked him why he was following. Azul pouted his lips, looked away and stated that he was just going in the same direction as he was and that was going to meet someone very important. Alen simply uttered an short “ah” and went back to his trodding. Azul sighed and inspected the cobblestoned road that snaked itself through the forest. He preferred looking at the ground than at the forest around him. Now that he was on the main road, the cursed forest seemed very threatening and suffocating. With it's bare trees hanging over like hungry claws of wild insanity. Suddenly he saw sometimes shine between the cobbles in the afternoon light that painfully squeezed itself through the grey clouds. To his amazement it was a silver key. Azul squatted, picked it up and brought it closer to his face for inspection. He cleaned of the dirt around and in the key. It had became dull and black, but it was quite a wonderful thing to behold. The one who had crafted the little key possessed great skill. Alen turned around and asked him what was wrong.

“ Oh nothing, I thought I saw something ahead, but I must have been imagining things, guess I'm still a tiny bit paranoid about last time.” He gave a weak smile and a dreadfull laugh and hid the key behind his back in his left hand and followed Alen further along the road till they got to a castle. The Castle itself didn't look very welcoming and the closer they both got, the less appealing and more threatening it became. Azul also had the feeling he was being watched from afar. Maybe he shouldn't be joking about being paranoid.

" So this is Master Nergal's Lair, charming place." Azul thought out loud. All the remark recieved was a raised eyebrow from Alen and a questioning look on his face.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  12. veki-kun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ''If you think this is charming than I'm really seriously concerned about you…'' said Alen with his eyebrow still raised up. '' It's called a joke? Never heard of it?'' replied Azul for he was begining to be a little anoyed and started thinking about how could anyone be so angry for so long about such a stupid little remark.

Finally they came to the castle and went trough big stone portal that held one gargoyle statue at each side. They than walked over the bridge and came to the main door. Alen knocked three times and the doors opened themselves. Somewhere above him Alen heared his master's stepps and some strange feeling of happyness filled him up. He ran up the main stairway and than right where the stairs were parting onto two sides. Half way up the top of these stairs stood his master. Alen stopped for a second, smiled with joy and ran into lord Khimlord's embrace.

''You made it safe and sound.'' Khimlord smiled and pet Alen on his head, ''That brings me great joy. But where is your friend?'' Alen took Khimlord's hand and pulled it so quickly that lord Khimlord gave up a quiet ''wow'' and started following Alen nearly falling down the stairs for this one was almost flying down towards his newly found friend.

When Alen and Khimlord got to a place on the stairs on which Alen knew Azul could see them, he slowed down and made a serious face, though it was hard to keep it up. Alen wasn't mad at Azul anymore but it was so much fun to him to make him think so that Alen couldn't resist. The two saw Azul looking around and admireing the paintings, vazes, bouquets in them, doors which led to other rooms crafted with such precision and all the decorations in the main hall. ''Lapis! Thank you for bringing my protege back in one piece.'' ''Azul toled him the second name? Why doesn't he trust him?'' Alen said in his mind in awe. ''Sir! It was my pleasure.'' said Azul and bowed gracefully. ''Even if he is a child of a peasant household, he has got better manners than you my friend'' said Khimlord turnings his head towards Alen and laughed with his deep warm voice. Just a small, short ''pffft'' came out of Alen's mouth. ''My protege will show you to your room. I already left a few things you could change in. Things more fitting for a boy who's just about to become a wizard. Freshen up and come to my planetarium afterwards. We have got a lot of things to catch up, lot of stories to tell. Alen…'' Khimlord finished and showed the signal with his hands, elegantly and gently, that Alen may go.

Alen just turned around and started walking up the big marvel stairway on which a crimson red carpet was attached. When they got to the gallery on the next flor, and Khimlord could no longer see them Alen turned around and saw Azul a little surprised by the quick turn. ''You gave him your second name? Why wouldn't you trust him?'' asked Alen seriously. ''Oh, so now we're talking?'' '' We never were not talking. It was just fun teasing you a little'' Alen replied with a smile on his face and nodded Azul with his elbow in Azul's ribbs. Azul made a surprised face and tripped a little but Alen cought him and they both started laughing. At the root of the stairs Alen heard with his sharp hearing his master's shoes chlinging agains the marvel flor. ''This isn't the place'' he said still giggeling a little, ''come to my room after you've done freshning up. We mist go now. Master's comming to his planetarium. Come, quickly!''

When they came infront of small door Alen said ''Up this stairs all the way to the end and trough the door is my room. Come there. Your room is behind the first door down the gallery hall. Hurry.'' Azul ran of towards his room and when Alen saw he safetly got in it, he opened the door and started climbing the small and narrow stairs. It is fortunate that the stairway had a small window here and there through whom sunshine was leeking in or else Alen wouldn't be able to see anything.

He finally came in his room under the tower's roof, ran to his bed and jumped on it. Alen exhaled deeply, along with an long accidental ''aaaaaaaaaaahh'' while he was streching on his bed. It seemed to him that he was lieing on a summer cloud, though he knew that he feels like this because of that straw bed he was lieing on just hours ago. He cuddeled with one of his cushions for a while more and than got up and went at his window, opened it and looked in the distance. From the western window of the tower he could clearly see the forest that nearly got him killed. The chills went trough his spine. Alen tried to chase away the unhappy thoughts but they just kept getting louder and louder, bigger and bigger! And than he remembered his only true love in his whole life. The violin.

Alen ran across his room and opened the big old oak warderob. Everything he possesed was in this warderobe. His clothes folded on the first shelf from the bottom, his boots and underpants beneth that. Papers, letters, maps, one painting were the stuff he saved from his former life, the one he couldn't remember anymore because all of the painfull things in it. Couldn't or wouldn't. He himself didn't know the answer to that question anymore. Only the top shelf seemed to be empty. Because of his short body, Alen couldn't reach the top shelf so he took a stool that was by the eastern window and climbed onto her. There she was. His dear friend. Waiting. He took her upfrom that shelf, cleaned the dust off of her pit the casing on his bed and opened it.

The violin, in his eyes, was the most precious item in his possesion because any emotion he could feel, he would let it go by playing on his beloved instrument. For him, the violin was not an instrument, it is a living beeing, that's never the same. Sometimes the violin is gentle, like the slow falling and warm summer raindrops on your skin, and sometimes it can be so agresive, that it can tear you body and soul appart. Violin filled all of his senses to maximum, captivated his mind with thick chains, and at the same time freed it from it's boundaryes and at the end he doesn't even know if he's standing on his feet or floating. Finally, it was nice to hear a sound as close to human's voiceas there can be, for it was his only friend. Till now.

With shaking hands Alen took his violin, placed it under his chin and his shoulder. Because he didn't play it for nearly 2 moths, Alen slowly raised his hand and stroke a gentle note on the string with the bow. He liked the sound that came out of the violin and played an e-minor to warm his fingers a bit and to get into the feeling. E-minor was a very sad and gloomy scale which fitted perfectly the feeling that Alen was going trough now. After he was finished with the scale, he started to move his bow gently, like he wasn't sure in himself just yet. The notes that came out from the violin were slow and quiet. A subtle melody that filled his room. Quickly, the melody and the notes became faster and more agressive. Fast notes were juming out of the violin like water from a hot spring geyser. At the same time when the music was getting faster, the melody became darker and darker. Now the composition Alen was playing seemed more like a rapid funeral march more than anything else. The scales begun showing out of Alen's arms again, and some on his face became visible as well. His pupils became paper thin and now he seemed like in trans.

''Alen??'' he heared somewhere in the deep fraction of his conciousness and snaped right back into reality. It was Azul, he came into Alen's room.