Draco really hate his father?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Chrissy, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's just a guess but is is possible that Draco perhaps dislikes his father? I mean in the book store he seems troubled when his father enters the store..

2. Hermione

Hermione Silent Arrow of Legolas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dindnt really notice but mabe hes proud of his father but worried about him being a death eater mabe and just on the off chance he doesnt like him coz hes very dicplined and educated in the dark arts.

3. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Malfor aint gonna be worried 'bout his dad being a death eater coz when Malfor grows up he is gonnna be one too! (imo)

4. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I think Malfoy admires his father very much. He sees nothing wrong about being a death eater. He is plainly anti-muggle in that he calls Hermoine a "mud-blood" and can't be bothered with anyone outside of Slytherin.

5. purplepeopleeater

purplepeopleeater psycho gal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think he was just looking troubled when his father arrived in the book store because he said for draco to play nicely...so he took all the fun out of it for him

6. Devious

Devious New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Having a father like that would make anyone troubled.

He may turn out to be a death eater yet but Draco's still a little
    boy at the moment who has to listen to daddy!

7. HaldirofLorien

HaldirofLorien Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I think Draco respects his father- which may cause him to be a little fearful.

8. Hermione

Hermione Silent Arrow of Legolas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I must agree with you but still Lucius seems to be very strict with Malfoy and doesnt let him do anything bad in public but what about at home we only really see the school side of him and i must admit even i have a go at the odd person known and again at school but at home i am the person no one ever sees.

9. Alexiel

Alexiel New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    He dosn't hate him.He admires him and wonts to be like him :)

10. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    He craves his father's respect and attention, he's afraid of provoking any negative comment (even slightly negative) from him. He's a bully but, as is so common, also a coward.

It's a common psychological model, the over-achieving, cold, distant, unloving father, the neglected child who idolses him and tries desperately to live up to his legacy and expectations in the hope of gaining some sign of affection from him. Draco is one messed up kid.

11. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Unraveller, don't you think it's a bit too early to analyze his psyche(SP?) ? Although I wery much agree that your assessment has high probability of being true, I'll hold my own untill I see what hbp offers on his mother and himself before I do that.

12. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Maybe but I don't doubt that I am right. Of course, given that he's a character in a book J.K. Rowling has the last say, particularly to his future actions... ;)

13. holly st.Raven

holly st.Raven Romlux

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I never doupted u, I actually rather agree with your oppinion. I just said that it is rather pointless to make the psychological assessment 'till JK give her final world on it.

14. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I think Unraveller hit the nail on the head, that describes Draco perfectly!! :)

15. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Why thank you. ;)
    Blame it on my mother. I can't help analysing people, even characters in stories.

16. Veronika G

Veronika G New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think Draco is old enough that his character is pretty much settled. The main characteristics of a personality are established already at the age of 10, so at 16 it should be fairly clear what kind of person you are heading towards being. I doubt we'll see any big change in the boy, at least not for the better, unless it happens very early in book 6. But I highly doubt it will.

Draco was put in the story for a reason. He's not just there to ruin the day for the trio with everyday meanness. JK put him in there, and gave him as much "screen" time as she did, with the intention of him becoming important. Earlier he disliked Harry, and enjoyed harassing him. Now he hates him, and wants him dead.

I think the chance that Draco becomes the new "minor villain", succeeding Quirrel, Peter Pettigrew, Barty Crouch Jr and Umbridge, is a whole lot bigger than him reforming and joining Harry and Dumbledore. And I think he'll be more dangerous than them.

I tend to trust the author completely when she/he gives opinion on their own characters. And from what we know, JK is not very fond of Draco at all. She reacts quite strongly to the speculation that he'll end up in love with Hermione and turn to the good side for her, and other such theories. If she had any intention at all of redeeming him, she wouldn't have been so negative towards him. She is quite attached to her characters, as we know.

17. DragonQueen

DragonQueen I AM YOUR QUEEN

Is in a pretty place with flowers and sunlight and
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    that is possible but there are ppl whos character changes later in life signifcantly due to a traumatizeing event........it is possible that she could have him go through some thing terrible and change even though it is highly unlikely...

Search tags for this page
did draco hated his father
draco hate his father
why does draco hate his dad

why does draco hate his father