Doom 3 movie

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, Sep 10, 2004.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Universal Pictures has hired Polish director Andrzej Bartkowiak (Cradle 2 The Grave) in a pay-or-play pact to helm the studio's upcoming video game adaptation, Doom. He replaces the film's original director, Enda McCallion, who the studio said is bowing out due to personal reasons.

Variety says the change in directors will have no effect on the film's production schedule, with principal photography scheduled for a mid-October start.

A pay or play contract means that the studio pays the director even if the movie is never released. Generally this is seen as incentive to make sure the movie actually happens.

previous news on the Doom 3 movie:

Doom 3

"I want to see the movie be true to what the legacy of the Doom games mean to fans," says Hollenshead. "Scary, intense, lots of action, and consistent with what we've done in the games. However, movies and games are different media, so some things will and should be different. I'm not looking for Doom 3: The Movie and that's not what it will be. The script is not based on the Doom 3 story, but is based on the Doom universe, so fans will see plenty in the movie that they will recognize from the game." Hollenshead reiterated that the film will not be based solely on the events of the third videogame.

On Universal's end, in the meantime, casting and pre-production on Doom have begun. Celebrity wrestler The Rock has been rumored to star in the production, but id Software reportedly quashed that rumor at QuakeCon. First-timer Enda McCallion will direct.

For those not into the videogame scene, the Doom series is about scientists on a Mars base who perform dangerous experiments and ultimately open a portel to Hell, allowing all manner of horrible creatures to escape and wreak unholy havok on the complex and its occupants. It falls to a group of soldiers to destroy the creatures and fix the problem.

No firm release date has been set, but the studio hopes to get the film out before the end of 2005.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/543/543289p1.html

2. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Karl Urban is joining the cast of the movie adaption of the Doom games, soon to begin filming in Australia. He will play a futuristic special ops soldier named John Grimm in film adaptation of the popular id Software first-person shooter video game. Grimm confronts the demons unleashed from a scientific experiment on Mars that's gone awry, and in the course of the film the character will also confront the organization that's responsible for his parents' death.

cinescape.com

3. TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This movie is going to be great! My brother downloaded the demo and it was awesome!

4. Wanderer00

Wanderer00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it might be ok the game was good but the base should be on Earth not Mars i mean "Oh no the demons are on Mars let's all freak out. They are like million supon millions of miles away. Scary"

5. masterofchaos6666

masterofchaos6666 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with wander the movie needs to be on earth