Dol Amroth

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Urambo Tauro, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Official TLOTR movie site has some features that have been on there for a long time. (And I'm not complaining) One of these features is desktops- among these desktops is one that has been there for a while and shows a bunch of banners. These banners show (you guessed it) white horses, a sun emblem, a white crown,... symbols many of us recognize. I wish I could post the picture I am talking about (albeit a smaller version as these are desktop images), but due to their terms of use policy, the best I can do is give you a link: The Lord of the Rings
    When you get there, click on whatever resolution suits you for the "Banners" picture, and look at the center banner. I am sorry to say it is mostly obscured, but does that look like a white swan to you?
    Prince Imrahil and Dol Amroth were not included in the finished film, but perhaps designs were still made before the descision was finalized. What do you think? Are there any other sources (photos, sketches, documentaries, etc.) that give us more Dol Amroth from the design process? And did any make it to the filming process before being cut?

2. isengard111

isengard111 The Master Chief

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Maybe Jackson put that in just a small reference to the book, like when that tree in Fangorn tried to kill Merry and Pippen, and Treebeard said Bombadil's lines.

3. Cirdan

Cirdan The Pandaren

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  4. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Art House Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Neat-o page. Pretty informative.
    But the artwork isn't from the design process for the movie(s), is it?:(