Does anyone read comic books or graphic novels?

Discussion in 'General Books' started by DanMoser, Feb 10, 2011.

1. DanMoser

DanMoser The Dan with the plan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there, first time posting. Anyway, I'm a newbie comic writer with my first book coming out this year (though its already available digitally) and I'm trying to spread word about it. Its a fantasy book about a group of outcasts tasked with saving the world... yeah, I know, not exactly the most original plot in the world. Still, I think you'll enjoy the story and have already gotten a few great reviews including one that said it reminded him of reading the old Dragonlance novels when he was younger. If anyone wants to check out the first chapter you can read it online at ChaoticSoldier.net.

Also, I just started up another site with some friends/industry colleagues where we'll be blogging about creator owned comics and GNs we love. If you've read any comics or GNs lately that you thought were great let me know what they were and who created it so I can check it out. One I'd say you all need to read is Skull Kickers, another great fantasy comic.

2. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Haven't read comics since I used to read sonic and archie, but I do occasionally read graphic novels. My favourite is Northlanders (see my sig.), but I'm thinking about reading sandman or transmetropolitan sometime soon.

3. DanMoser

DanMoser The Dan with the plan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sandman's good stuff and definitely worth checking out. Transmetropolitan's been on my to read list for a while now. I'm a huge Warren Ellis fan and I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I get around to reading it. As for Northlanders I picked up the first few issues when it started but stopped because of a limited budget at the time. I'll have to see if I can find trades of it and see what its become.