DoC

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Aeon, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Aeon

Aeon White Mage

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Anyone played Dirge yet?

What did you think? I've just got it, haven't started playing yet.

2. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    ^ Why don't you play the game, then leave a review Aeon ~ that may spark some replies :)

3. Blackarrow

Blackarrow KING OF TEH

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Started playing it about two weeks ago. So far here is what I think:

Controls- Hard to get the feel of..thank heavens for auto aim, if not I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that sensitivity. It's very touchy, and movement gets awkward at times. Could have definatly done a bit better in this area.

Graphics- Not too bad. Does not have the drastic scenery changes that we have come to expect form the FF series, but detail is great.

Story Line- Hmmmm.. Cant really comment on this just yet. So far not real interesting, it takes a few hours playing before I give up on the story line. Has the potential to be a decent story line, we'll see.

Gameplay- Well so far it aint that great. I'm more of an RPG fan, this is more of a first person shooter of course. Dont play the game expecting it to be any where near any other FF game, you will be disappointed. If you like FPS games you will probably love it.
    It's not very user friendly either ie the memory cells...if you dont own the guide, you will never find 80% of them. In real lifethey would be about 2-3 feet long, most are located so hidden that without the guide, you would not even notice them if you WERE looking for them AND starring right at it!
    It's also very repetitive, all the missions get to be the same, collect this or kill these. This will get old about the fourth or fifth level. The only thing really to look forward to is Gun upgrades.

--Granit, this is a bias review. I have not finished the game, and are not really into FPS games to begin with. (although I am an avid HALO2 player, not very good online, but I love to play the same. Look me up under the name arrowwind) The only real reason I am playing is I loved FF-AC and the game happens directly after the movie. Plus it has the FF name attached to it, so I have to play it once.

IMO- not reccommended for people who dont particurally enjoy first person shooters (FPS). But like I always say, even if someone hates it, if the game even sparks intrest in you, go ahead and try it. You may love it!

4. Elliania

Elliania New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the game but i'm not all that on it. I like the storyline and its nice to see a little more of Vincent but i think its really lacking what makes final fantasy's such good games. I've actually abandoned DoC for FFXII at the moment. I really don't like the way that you have to constantly use both thumbs on the controls for the analog sticks, i find it highly uncomfortable and the way the camera moves around quite quickly gives me major migraines after about an hour of gameplay. I prefer a game that i can play on hours for end.

From what i have played so far it was a very promising game, its just so different from what i'm used to that i can't quite get into it. I'll keep it purely for my Final Fantasy collection but i don't think it will be one of those games that i play over and over again.

5. Aeon

Aeon White Mage

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    lmao I never got past the first 10 minutes, I kept getting killed... seems I'm crap at shooting games!

6. Herald Of Woe

Herald Of Woe Scourge of the seven seas

Ratings:
    +207 / 2 / -0
    Got it. Finished it. Here is what I thought. Yes it is a good game, however the aiming can be fidlly and some of the levels are just plain frustrating - the level where you have to sneak past the gurads as Cait Sith being a prime example.

Using the Galliean Beast is annoying because he is only really usefull for getting in close and opening a can of whoop ass but if you have snipers or flying enemies to deal with his lack of targeting ability makes it a pain.

While far from being the worst game I've ever played I think it could have been better. I'll probably play it again just to get my money's worth.

7. Blood Battosai

Blood Battosai Death Become of you

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I've played and beaten the game so has kenshin but anyways I loved it aiming takes time if you go with manual aiming and the game has some awsome music toward the end overall its and amazing underrated game

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Drifter

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    yup yup, i loved it :D