Do you want to be immortals????

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Aleksandar Boshnakov, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Royal Wolf of Shadow

Ratings:
    +786 / 4 / -1
    this made me lol a litlle

2. DefyTheOdds

DefyTheOdds Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I think I would want to be. At least now (who knows how I would feel about it 1000 years from now) I feel as if I would use all that extra time to devote myself to science and advancement of the human race life of earth. Being a scientist/engineer I see so many things we need help with and I would love to have more time here to work on these things.

3. Emelie

Emelie Queen of darkness

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    I would want to be. I would want to see the future. Even tho I know I shouldnt want to, because we're all gonna die from the slow suicide that is killing the earth at the moment etc etc.

But I would enjoy being immortal mostly because I want to be able to experience EVERYTHING I can. From good to bad stuff. Although in the end I'd probably be a horribly depressed and evil person. But.. I don't mind >:)

4. Heaven's Cloud

Heaven's Cloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    I so want to be immortal, and go around cutting off other immortal heads! That was a dream of mine in the 90s anyway. Now, I wouldn't want to be immortal unless all the people I like the ebst are immortal too.

5. Tamago

Tamago Lord-Commander of Anakin's Kingsguard

Ratings:
    +797 / 4 / -0
    Years ago, I'd have said Hell yes. Nowadays... yeah, sure, for science and progress and evolution and all that. I'd love to see the future. Don't we all. And all those books I could read, all those shows I could watch, games to play. And so on. That would be lovely. But then again, what's the catch in being immortal if all your loved ones die. It would be very sad.

6. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Loitering from 2009 - 2018

Ratings:
    +642 / 8 / -5
    I'd love to, if only to see space exploration. I'd love to finally see what's out there, have visitors, or simply watch several members of the human race wipe out the entire bunch of us.

7. Padmé

Padmé King in the North & King Anakin's Wench

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 0 / -1
    Being immortal, 100% unable to die, would be horrible, but to live as long as you choose, that's something else. I want to live as long as I please and then do a Yoda 'right, enough of this' and just disappear peacefully after spouting some cryptic one liner.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mad Hatter

Ratings:
    +642 / 8 / -5
    Can you imagine being in some kind of futuristic time where you've been found out, people know about your immortality and are scared by it. They build a prison at the bottom of the marinas trench and lock you away down there forever. What a nightmare. Just sat in a dark box for the rest of eternity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Padmé

Padmé King in the North & King Anakin's Wench

Ratings:
    +2,707 / 0 / -1
    Well they wouldn't really need to do that. If you were truly immortal then you would live through anything. You would see everyone you know and love die, you would see mankind disappear, life on earth disappear. You would watch the sun expand and destroy everything in its path and then its eventual collapse into a white dwarf. Then you would live on in the darkness of space. No sound. No warmth. No light but that of the distant stars slowly burning out one by one...... That is the very definition of a nightmare.

10. Mad Hatter

Ratings:
    +642 / 8 / -5
    It is, but it's not a concept that I think would be allowed to flourish. If the current generation were fearing for their safety at the hands of an immortal, they wouldn't just let him/her roam free on the pretense of "They will be tortured enough in 20 million years".

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anakin

Anakin King of TFF

Ratings:
    +3,120 / 3 / -0
    Time is made of moments that are like diamonds, but if you’re immortal you just have a desert where every grain of sand are diamonds and they become worthless.

• Winner Winner x 1