Do you think that infidelity is the number one reason to break up a relationship ....

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Anduil, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Re: Do you think that infidelity is the number one reason to break up a relationship

*can't tell if troll or daft sparrow*

I'm leaning toward a daft sparrow cause bird are known to be birdbrains at times. Especially since I'm not even sure what Darwin has to do with any of it; mammalian males are as variable as anything; some are never part of the raising process save for the 2 mins it takes to do the initial job; others spend their whole time at home with the kids; others spend it hunting and providing; and some just try to eat the kids (generally only the male ones though - at least most of the time).

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    Re: Do you think that infidelity is the number one reason to break up a relationship

lmao

3. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0

okay, two mistakes in there:
    1. Strong has nothing to do with dominance
    2. Stay-at-home has nothing to do with being weak

Women like strong men, I agree. But I think you and I, we have a different definition of strong. I know that a discussion here is fruitless, just recognize that I get to know more and more men who like to stay at home for a while and raise their kids too. And they take care of their wives and they offer their shoulder to cry on and whatever a prototype strong guy does.
    But a man is the strongest when he knows and accepts that he's not perfect, that he has feeling (because 99% of all men do have feelings) and... really the majority of guys I know can live with being treated equal to women - and they can live with being honest and true to their partners. They don't wanna screw around.

Well, but you're you, if you wanna screw around and your wife finds that okay, good for you.

4. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0

agreed, i am a very dominant male, i'm the guy at the pub the barmaids keep people away from cause they dont want to clean up the mess, but in a relationship i am very happy to sit back and allow the female to take control.

5. Anduil

Anduil New Member

Mekta land of dreams! you can find me in Pireaus
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

that sounds crazy to happen... the only case this happens is when the wife has no brain....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  6. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0

Sparrow is a ****ing idiot. That's all I have to say about this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anduil

Anduil New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

well kakashi i can feel that you are upset with sparrow's comments as well as me and many in this thread, but don't call him like that... he has his opinion. I totally disagree with him. But i made this thread to hear some other opinions. no need to fight!

8. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0

lol I apologize for polluting your thread but that's about it.

9. Anduil

Anduil New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Hahahaha! No speak your mind young lad!!! well... gouhm gouhm... i mean try to be polite! :D

Well my opinion is that infidelity can kill a relationship not instantly but in a way like a disease do.A slowly death. Example. If a man or a woman gonna cheat once, then they gonna do it again if the fellow doesn't know. I believe its like the cigars. You do it once and then you get addicted. Same with infidelity. Of course there many examples that are against my opinion. But i believe that cause if myself gonna cheat one day a girlfriend and she will never realise then in the next opportunity i m gonna do it again...

In the case that the cheating is revealed then a relationship that will keep and hold after that its a fake relationship cause the trust is lost... And also the person that cheated in the past will gonna do it again if the circumstances allow it, and that because he/she will know that she/he gonna be forgiven.

10. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0

I have been a reason for a girlfriend to cheat on her boyfriend but here's the thing there were problems in their relationship.They were together for many years and she was wondering if he was going somewhere with that,you know...he didn't want to get engaged he didn't want to get married.So the girl met me on the net...that year she and her boyfriend didn't go very well in their relationship....and well that's it.But after me and her spend some awesome time together they gradually came closer and were just fine again.

11. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

That's fine... except I'm not married, and I don't "screw around" on my girlfriend.
    When I make a commitment to someone it's a done deal.

12. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

The good book says to every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

I sewed my wild oats when I was younger, as I think all young people should do, and have since settled down with the one woman I love most in the world. You can never quite tell where life will take you.

13. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0

why then do you say "my penis belongs to the world"? that's kinda contradicting

14. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0

Because he is trolling around,trying to look cool.

15. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

What good is a penis without testicles... my girlfriend owns mine.

16. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0

You mean - -- she keeps them in a jar!

17. azuren82

azuren82 Berserk got banned...

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

And to think that I used to see my own brand of humor being warped in nature. (Those in Yahoo! SG will know wtf I'm talking abt. -.-) I guess Sparrow got us fooled big time via a fake perception that he's a 24/7 danger to the society lol! :p

Anyway on the issue, I'll have to agree that infidelity in itself is symptom that shit is happening. Or rather in most cases a done deal. ofc there's tons of factors here, but if I were to generalize the whole thing, it will be women after emotional satisfaction while the male half will be leaning towards... erm well the lower body. One very interesting misperception on lust is that it all depends on the lower body. Now at the risk of sounding politically incorrect, I'll have to say that it swings both ways so as to speak. Simply put, lust isn't just abt the hormones. Emotional state plays a major role as well. In fact I would attribute the emotional front as the common grounds for both sexes rather than hormones itself. So now comes the question: Why?

My own take would lie in the very fact that human beings will always have this tendency to question various aspects of their lives and relationship is just one of them. Simply put, when we use the term life crisis, this forms a major part of the equation. ofc this shouldn't be used as an excuse, but I'll have to say that NOT everyone has what it takes to tame that beast. (which is the sole reason why I've yet to get laid. And I'm not ashame of it.) At the end of the day, we really need to ask how far the maturity factor on both sides will go. There's no concrete way to fix this thing. Once certified broken, that's it. baibai. -.-

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011