Do you Believe in the "I believe there is something more between heaven and earth"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mareno91, Apr 16, 2013.

1. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, so my name is Mareno, I come from a little place called Norway.

Would also like to add myself in the category "Thinker"

Would also like to add, that i do believe in that statement, but to a certain extent ?!

Would be awesome if someone could sway me in either direction :) But I only want self experienced stuff to come out on this Thread, ty so much guys ;)

2. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Re: Do you Believe in the "I believe there is something more between heaven and earth

If you could specify what you mean, that'd be great :)

3. Dreamscaper

Dreamscaper Royal Hamster Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -0
    Re: Do you Believe in the "I believe there is something more between heaven and earth

I'm also not certain by what you mean. Do you mean like a purgatory type place? Levels to get to heaven? Do you mean them as literal places or states of mind?

As a state of mind there are certainly levels of maturity between Earth, as a carnal state, and heaven as an enlightened state.

From a Protestant Christian perspective the only place I can think of between Earth and Heaven was Sheol, however the faithful don't go there after Christ's death instead going straight up. Sheol still exists in this regard, but is solely a step between Earth and Gehenna as that side was not liberated as the side of the faithful was. I know Catholics believe in purgatory as a step between, but I'm not aware of any others within the Christian community.

4. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0

As a scientifically minded individual, I would assume that there are an infinite number of places between heaven and hell, which I'm assuming includes earth and purgatory as well as that place the dead babies go.

5. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you guys so much for a quick responce.. okay so heres my story (one of them )

i have been told by my parents at the age of... (cant remember) lets just say child for now.

We were driving snowmobiles in Sweden, we stopped by this lavvo, its like a sami "tent" built out of mud, tree (and stone i think)

Would aslo like to add that I am about 1/8 Sami....

So with that in mind, all the other kids just ran around playing with eachother. But all I did was walking to the "lavvo" I sat on my knees, and just stared at the lavvo for about 10 mins. Without saying anything or not even doing anything at all, but to just stare at the lavvo.. My parents told me that kids usually could see into other worlds or feel spirits and stuff ?? I dont know. all I know is that, since they told me. It has been haunting me forever since !

6. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0

Do you meditate? It's a go to solution for any mental issues you may ever have and can help you understand more about yourself.

7. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no I do not, and I will most likely never meditate... ok, so for you to get like a first impression of me, (not IRL ofc) just picture this : I am an armyboy who loves hes computer.....

8. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0

I would really recommend meditation if you're having issues sorting out your mind and your beliefs, when done properly it obliterates stress and depression, either for a short or long time.

9. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uhm, okay. how do I meditate then ? xD do you have any links for me to follow up on ? ty man !

Would also like to say, any feedback at all from anybody here on this forum would be really nice,ty :)

10. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3

nope.

nothing at all. Needless to say, that for once I do not believe in heaven.

I would recommend tea, and as weird as it sounds meditation could help - when I need to focus I usually just take long slow breaths and try to not think of anything particular. (that`s the hardest part)

11. Druid of Lûhn

Druid of Lûhn The Little Lamb.

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0

No, I do not.

Although I like to think we could believe in it, I just think that it can't happen.

12. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

I believe there exists other dimensions of time and space that are far beyond our reckoning... but none of those alternate dimensions hold a Heaven for us, or any supernatural entity.

13. mickichanx3

mickichanx3 the daydreamer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

well i do believe in supernatrual stuff but not in heaven or god so nope not really ^^

14. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ptsd.jpeg

okay, I feel that I can be somewhat open minded ? Now. ;)

15. PerFolmer

PerFolmer Citizen of Urth.

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

I don't believe in the supernatural. I believe that people who experience that sort of thing, including religious experiences, think they have and I sure grant them their experience
    although I think that the brain can fool you in so many ways that it's not even funny.

16. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2

I believe video games are between heaven and hell :D

17. mareno91

mareno91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, you know... you shouldnt really fear what the brain is showing you ;)

18. PerFolmer

PerFolmer Citizen of Urth.

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

Of course not, I just don't attribute it to something supernatural. ;)
    EDIT: Well, what frightens you can't really be censored so I'm not sure I actually agree with you there.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013