Dissapointed about the final fight in ROTK

Discussion in 'Movies' started by SEVENWOLVES, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I definately agree with the point about the whole witchking bit as if he could ever kill Gandalf. But with the army of the dead i thought it was done very well. :devilbat:

2. Schmavid

Schmavid A simple wanderer.

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I did not like what was done with the Dead Army in the ROTK movie. It took away from teh victory of the humans, it meant that the humans did not defeat the evil that was confronting them, as Tolkien had always intended.

When it comes to Gandalf defeating the WitchKing I think that would be possible, it is true that the WitchKing draws power from Sauron, but at that time Sauron did not even have the power to give himself a physical presence. His power was diminished that much and so I think that Gandalf could have defeated the WitchKing.

But as has been said, the numbers were greatly exagerated by Jackson in the movies as it was men who defeated Sauron's army, noone else. I also didn't like how Jackson turned Aragorn into a dishonourable man, by having him strike down the Mouth of Sauron as he was walking away, his back turned. There is no better way to make a King into a dsihonourable man than to have him strike down a simple messanger as the messager is returning to his master.

3. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    The MoS wasn't turned away in the film.

4. anna236

anna236 Modern day Anna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree. I had forgotten, though, that the army of the dead wasn't in the battle at the Pelenor fields. Aragorn sent them away after sacking the army at the coast. That was a little disappointing, but I'm glad to see them kick some orc but! Who know's about the witchkings power, though? In the book didn't Merry kill him? With that sword that they found in the Barrow wights "house"? If so, doesn't that mean that important swords that are from ancient history are able to kill such a powerful thing, therefore someone as powerful as another Maia would be able to kill it?

5. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    you have a good point there, but i still stand by my arguement