Different Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Sauron's Mommy, Feb 2, 2004.

1. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Re: diffrent lightsabers

Depends on how much the inside mechanical components are moving about. I think it would be more than a little difficult to wield a real lightsaber that is turned on.

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Re: diffrent lightsabers

I believe yes a lightsaber woudl feel like "spinning a flashlight" whether it's on or off. Unless a beam of controleld light/plasma/whatever it is (Anakin?) has air resistance and thus friction woudl cause drag ont he blade and slow it down (the humming sound?).

As to Qui-Gon having to push harder to get through the blast door - ever tried sawing through hard wood vs soft wood? Same blade, yes it will cut through both with no worries, but the saw doesn't magically become more powerful when it comes across a denser material, it's only got as much power and cutting ability as it's got, so the user has to push harder. If you use light strokes on soft wood it'll get through in time. If you use light strokes on hard wood, it'll get through, but much much slower.

3. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    oki, thanks for explaining that to me (us)!

man, off course, when u cut things, the thing will "push back", in the meaning that it wont just bend away, but it will stay on it's proper place, making cutting difficoult.