Did Verin Channel In A Stedding ?

Discussion in 'Wheel of Time' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Another long debated topic, i just want to know what you guys think.

In TGH: 36, Among the Elders, 513, Verin inspects an Ogier who lost his mind to Machin Shin in the Ways.

Verin gave her a long look, then rose and strode to Trayal. He did not move as she laid her hands on his wide chest, not even a flicker on an eye to acknowledge her touch. With a sharp hiss, she jerked back, staring up at him, then whirled to face the Edlars. "He is...empty. This body lives but there is nothing inside it. Nothing."

For all intents and purposes, it looks like she's Delving him with the One Power. However, she is in a stedding, where touching the OP is impossible.

What are your thoughts?

2. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hmm. Never heard of this debate before, but it sure looks like a good one.

It looks like she was channeling. I mean, what else could she do in that situation to know him internally? And especially since she is Brown, not Yellow, making anything to do with Healing not her area.

I would attribute it as a mistake on RJ's behalf. Has he ever commented on this?

3. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    He has, but he said something like "we'll find out alot more about Verin in future books.." There are several FAQs around. Try www.wotmania.com

4. Feanor

Feanor New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that she could have channeled in a steading.
    [/B]If you havent read book 9 stop reading this reply because some of my reasons come from that book

Spoiler

In book 9 when Rand, Min, Lan, etc. go to Far Madding both Cadsuane and Nynaeve both have ter'angreal called wells which hold a small amount of saidar. They both channeled in Far Madding, which is supposed to be imposible because, and I quote "These ter'angreal, they duplicate a stedding. ..." WH page 461. So this is the reason I think that Verin could have channeled in the stedding. She could have had a well, and being a Brown she would have wanted to find out what had happened to Trayal. This is just my opinion. I have not read about this debate before

Spoiler end

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but isnt that a little cheap on RJ's part. "Oh yeh, whenever something weird like that happens, [character] had a [item] secreted in his/her pocket, i just didnt mention it."

And Well's were never mentioned until WH. This happened in tGH.

She certaintly is mysterious....