Debt of Bones

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Please discuss Debt of Bones in this section.

2. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed this prequel to Wizard's First Rule, I liked the fact you got to see what the history was like before the Boundary came up and what histories were being created though Panis Rahl and how Zedd had to do what he did in that time. It was all very interesting but I wish the book would have been a little bit longer. Above all it was great.

3. Numenor53

Numenor53 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Ya i too did enjoy the fact that you get to see a little bit of Zedd's history, but like you i wish it was a little bit longer. I also enjoyed getting a sense of what the wizards keep was like before Zedd put up the boundary.

4. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    It's a shame that TG can't expand more on Debt of Bones. That would have been fantastic. As I stated earlier, I do wish I was thicker than 100 pages but beggars can't be choosers. :)

5. chancock

chancock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree-it was so cool learning about Zed's past. Maby after the next book--which seems like it will wrap up the series ( at least if it goes how I think it will with Richard opening the box of Ordin, saving the world from the chainfire, and ackwiring god-line powers over all life and crushing the Order) maby Goodkind could do a few more prequils about Zed and his training as a Wizard??

6. Kahlan Amnell

Kahlan Amnell Mother Confessor

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I wish that the prequel could have been longer but then again it is an opening after all. The prequel was very interesting to read to see what it was like before the boundary went up and what life was like in D'Hara. I especially liked the way you saw how powerful Zedd was before he crossed into the Hartland Woods and began his so called "second" life their. You see how calm he is and how well he can choose to take care of anyone in the blink of an eye. It was a well written prequel. Yes perhaps Terry will expand in the future on Zedd. I personally would love to see a novel dedicated to Zedd and how he became a powerful wizard, what he was like when he was a boy, and what made him decide to become a wizard. That would be fascinating to me.

7. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I bought and read this the other day. It was definitely interesting to learn a bit about the world before the boundaries went up, but the book was certainly too short, and the text too big. It was written for a book of short stories though wasn't it? So that explains it I guess.

It was cool to read about a young Zedd. It was pretty interesting how all those people could have a conversation with him at the same time, and yet he was still able to listen and respond to all of them.