Deathtroopers

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Allfader

Allfader New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes, that IS arrogant. You have absolutely no way to discern who knows most about these movies of you and me, since you know absolutely nothing about me. Except, that is, for the fact that we disagree. But maybe you are just generally of the impression that you know best? I DO make difference between the character and the actor, the way I see it, it is Haydens portrayel that is whiny. Luke was also complaining in the original films, Mark Hamil (who is not much of an actor by the way) did not come around as whiny the same way as Hayden does. Furthermore the OT is far from golden in my eyes. The Return of the Jedi is the worst of the whole bunch.

"With episode II he tried to display a romance that was based on 30's movies, romances that were often OTT, but that is what he wanted and if people don't like that kind of acting anymore now, then that's their problems... Maybe they should try to watch more old movies"

Yes, it did strike me as very similar to Sound of Music at times. :D
    Thanks for making my point for me.

2. Allfader

Allfader New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, I certainly think it more likely that of the three of us you two are the obsessed ones, rather than me. Making everybody happy is impossible. Lucas goal should be to make the best film possible given the resources and talent he had at his disposal. Not to make it digestible for the biggest possible audience.

About wooden acting and bandwagons... When I find myself surrounded by trees I tend to conclude that I am in a forest, but that doesnt wash with you does it? :D

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I'm just going by what I read here, buddy. The way you talk you sound like a lot of fans... Pretend they know everything, think the OT shouldn't be touched and yes they think because of Ewoks and other reasons like copied plot details from the first movie such as the death star, that return of the Jedi is the weakest in the trilogy. Hayden is portraying it as Lucas wanted it. Again you're mixing up the character with the actor. I give credit and criticism to the one who deserves it. If you want to criticize the whiny acting then criticize Lucas cause he wanted it. Btw Luke is certainly complaining as much as Anakin did. Anakin's character is more emotional, but that is the point. You got a emotionally disturbed young man here... That is the point, but if you just label that as whiny, then sorry that's pretty narrow-minded.

4. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well he did make it the best film it possibly could be, just that others disagreed but I find that only online do you see complaints. People I've met in real life love the prequels too. I never went online at all before I hit about 18, and I was surprised by the bashing that went on online. It's an internet thing, you'll find in the real world it's not common. And concerning those trees of yours, again, internet trees lol

I don't know what people were expecting the prequels to be but boy am I glad they were not the ones in charge lol Would've been total crap. They saw Jar Jar and have been having a hissy fit ever since. Geez get over it people lol It's one character, you'd think he was the main act the way they go on.

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Actually a lot of people start to like the first episode now, they're more tolerant, but it's actually the same shit that happened more than 30 years ago... What did you get with Empire, Return.... Complaining, whining... It's actually ironic. They whine that Anakin whines:D Can't people see the irony in that hehe. People absolutely hated the puppet of Yoda back in 1980... Now what you get... Now they want the puppet back, why the CGI! Bring the puppet back. Really pathetic. But as I said people are cooling down. Not everybody yet though, but you'll see in 20 years from now the prequel trilogy will be considered a lot better than what it was in 1999 and so on with others. It will be classics just as the OT is...

6. ScreenXSurfer

ScreenXSurfer Better Than You

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    What is going on here? I hear fans have bigger cripes with Kevin J Anderson and Karen Traviss. Compared to those two, Lucas is Shakespeare.

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    nothing really, just your average complainer on the net, but yeah it's best we get back on topic cause these kind of discussions are never working anyway... Neither side will sway lol