Deathtroopers

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    And funny enough Lucas had almost nothing to do with that movie. lol. He pushed the idea forward for making one, and a few other details, but that's about it...

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    According to imdb he was the writer for the story.

3. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    I was about to say the same :p He managed to make my favorite actor (Harrison Ford) look lame...

And that's not even mentioning the latest Star Wars Cartoon.....

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well no he didn't really write it. He came up with the idea of the Mayan culture and such and that it had to be about inter-dimensional beings or something lol. And that is about it.
    Which is now one of the most successful animated series on the air...

5. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Indy 4? Please..... the problem with that is that it was exactly Indiana Jones but again just as with the prequels, people had expectations of what they 'should' be like.

I liked Indy 4, not as good as Last Crusade or Raiders, but still the same old indy..... but just.... Older lol

and the Clone Wars cartoons are not my favourites either but A, they are for kids, get a grip and B, they are doing amazingly well so who's laughing now? lol

6. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    I was talking about the Movie...

I've never watched the show, but the commercials seem decent.

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    People actually like the movie more now because of the series. The problem was that their expectations were too high and couldn't see it as what it actually was. It was a pilot to a tv-series, not a pixar movie.

8. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    I can understand other points of view, but in my opinion, the movie was just god-awful.

Wtf was up with that apprentice? What was he thinking? There was really no reason to put her in it.

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well no reason for the film, but there is to the series, but I don't expect you to understand since you don't follow it anyway.

10. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    But even so- does her personality have to be so nails on chalkboard? :D

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Oh you're not the only one who dislikes her.... You should check the crybabies on the imdb forum who want her dead now. Start topics how she should die and such. Nice theories like that she should be sold to jabba by Anakin and fed to the rancor... I guess you like that idea too? lol

12. Allfader

Allfader New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I didn't quite understand this one.

My problem with Lucas is that in my view he has become obsessed with making his films accessible for the biggest possible audience. Because of this the magic you could find in the early Star Wars and Indiana Jones has been lost.

Star Wars 1,2 and 3 could have been so much better if they had dared to make them darker.
    Of course film number 3 is quite dark as it is, but it has Hayden Christensen and then nothing can save the film.

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    YOU'RE HOLDING ME BACK!!!! *weep weep*

You're right though. There's something missing from the new films that the old films have. Just something that makes them so enjoyable.

Lucas also needs someone to write his dialogue. It's not particularly great.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  14. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Eh.... And the original Star Wars and Indy films were not 'accessible for bigger audiences'? They are up there with the biggest movies of all time LOL So there's no difference to these days. Everyone watched the originals, more watched the prequels. There's something to learn there.

I think Episodes I-III are perfect the way they are, if it was up to fanboys then like you said, Anakin would have been a bad boy from day one, translation? Boring, and typical. Predictable and sad. The story of Anakin is more complex and believable than that. People aren't born bad asses, they become it through circumstances. Anakin and Darth Vader in general, is meant to be a pathetic person to watch. And he is. That was the point. And Hayden bashing? How original lol So funny how he was considered one of the brightest new actors before he was in Star Wars. I can't help but think that has more to do with how fanboys really wanted Anakin to be like, than Hayden's actual acting. He's not Anthony Hopkins, but people exaggerate, and it's really a bit sad.....

15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Nobody says he had to be a badboy. Just that he shouldn't be a girl.

Was he considered a bright actor? Hmm, never really considered him a good actor at any point, and the film Jumper all but confirmed his inability to express more than 3 expressions.

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    in what aspects does he act like a girl, cause depending on what your answer is, that sounds offensive to girls...

17. ScreenXSurfer

ScreenXSurfer Better Than You

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Not fond of Stephen King, are you?

Personally, I am glad for a breath of fresh air in the Star Wars EU. Something other than mediocre wars that includes every god forsaken main character in the EU ever created. Finally some original content, if not original concept.

18. Allfader

Allfader New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What does it matter that the originals films was seen by many, or "accessible" as you say? My point is that it seems to me that Lucas has become obsessed with pleasing everybody. And that is not an easy thing to do and most often the result is mediocre.

And where exactly do I suggest that Anakin should have been a bad boy from day one? Of course Anakin must go through a journey towards the dark side. What I am saying is that Hayden Christensen does a shitty job of portraying it. My objective is not to be "original", my objective is simply to discuss what I see as the shortcomings of the films. And if a lot of people has made the point that Christensen comes around as a whiny teenager maybe there is more to it than just a bunch of "fanboys" obsessing over their favourite obsession? And its not me that have Anakin or Padmé as nick. :D

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    No but if I may arrogantly say so, we know a lot more about these movies than you lol. And again you seem to make no difference between actor and character. He's whiny because he's a teenager lol. Every fan knows that Luke was as whiny as him, still you don't hear complaining about him, cause the OT is considered gold as long as Lucas doesn't touch it, cause fans don't want their 'precious' touched. The thing is and this is what Lucas admitted himself he isn't very good with dialogue. He called himself 'the king of wooden dialogue', but again this is no different in the old trilogy.... Everybody is just more tolerant about that trilogy. With episode II he tried to display a romance that was based on 30's movies, romances that were often OTT, but that is what he wanted and if people don't like that kind of acting anymore now, then that's their problems... Maybe they should try to watch more old movies.

20. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    LOL If you think someone having a nick like ours makes us obsessed then wake up lol

And concerning Lucas trying to please people? Well, you were just saying that 'a lot of people' were not happy with it, so clearly Lucas was not trying to make everyone happy or he would have made the desired changes to the character before filming to please his whining fans. Lucas has always made films that please Lucas, and its actually THAT which most people complain about, but you're actually complimenting him by saying the opposite.

And Hayden executing his job terribly? How? And don't go for the wooden acting cause sorry it won't wash with me. One fanboy said that once and now they all jumped on that bandwagon. Hayden did a fine job, was it the best it could have been? I don't know, probably not, but when I was watching Episode II & III for the first time, nothing crossed my mind about his acting. I just watched the film and avoided nitpicking.