Deathly Hallows Book Covers Revealed...

Discussion in 'Books' started by Warlock Lord, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    something that might interest you guys!!! :)

source: comingsoon.net

Deathly Hallows Book Covers Revealed!
    Source: Scholastic Corporation March 28, 2007

Scholastic today released both the front and back covers (see below) of the highly anticipated "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," J.K. Rowling's seventh and final Harry Potter book due in stores on July 21st at 12:01 a.m. Once again, the stunning cover art was created by Mary GrandPré, the acclaimed illustrator of all six previous U.S. editions of the Harry Potter books.

"The front cover of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' features a dramatic sky of oranges and golds. It depicts 17-year-old Harry with arm outstretched, reaching upward. The structures around Harry show evident destruction and in the shadows behind him, we see outlines of other people," said David Saylor, Scholastic's Vice President and Creative Director who has designed all seven Harry Potter covers.

"For the first time the cover is a wrap-around. On the back cover spidery hands are outstretched towards Harry. Only when the book is opened does one see a powerful image of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, his glowing red eyes peering out from his hood."

Bloomsbury Publishing Plc also today released the cover images for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," which will appear on editions distributed in Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and many other countries throughout the world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rhapsody of serendai

rhapsody of serendai Thorn's Lover

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
  3. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Cool...thanks Warlock :).

4. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 2 / -0
    soooo... what do we see?

Is that Gringotts? Could make sense, as that's where you would hold something of great value - say, a Horcrux or something of the like. Maybe time to re-read HP&TPS - for clues as to how to rob that bank, and whether something valuable turns up here or there :)

Ron seems to be holding the Gryffindor sword, by the way. And he's in a green robe; which happens to be the Slytherin colour. And what's more... Is that Hermione or more like Ginny? "Bushy hair"... And if Ron's hair is supposed to be red, then so is that of the girl, heh? And Harry seems to be wounded - but it doesn't look like a "magical" wound to me. And he means business, there can be no doubt about that... Did he just drop the Faberge-orb, floating inches from his hand?

The other one would be a (the) slytherin locket, I would guess. Can be short about that one... Pitty.

5. Warlock Lord

Warlock Lord I am a Fashion Statement

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    no prob... :)

6. Aerosia

Aerosia Luna Vinco

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Bloomsbury version is the one that I usually buy and most of the covers have been good (I liked the back of HBP). However, this one just does not look very good at all to me. And especially since it's the epic end of the series.

Might have to go adult version this time. I like the look of the locket...

7. Wizard27

Wizard27 Ol' Fartsy Said So!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

The American version. The other is the British version.

8. The Dragon Reborn

The Dragon Reborn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The cover of the DH Deluxe Edition gives a shot of Harry, Ron, and Hermione riding on the back of a dragon. I honestly have no idea how they could be riding on a dragon.

Search tags for this page

deathly hallows book cover

front of book cover

harry potter and tje deathly hallows novel cover pics

hpdh book cover