Cuchulain the hound of ulster

Discussion in 'Medieval Boards' started by Arctic_Wolf, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf shadow of the night

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have bin thinking alot of the Book Red Branch and the celtic/irish (i forget which one he was from) hero Cuchulain, and was wundering if anyone knows anything on him or knows of any web site i could go to learn more things on him. i prety mutch have the book memorized on facts from him and the research i have done on line says the same thing, like i said just wundring if anyone knows of a good website that i might learn somthin new about him

:hackit:

you ask me why i fear the light, i ask you why you fear the darkness. i fear the light for i do not know what path awaits me, you fear the dark for you do not know what path awaits you, you see we are two sides of the same coin

2. mallomere

mallomere hedgerow wanderer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I loved Red Branch. All of Morgan LLywelyn's books are awesome. Just google Cuchulain, its amazing what you'll find.

3. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf shadow of the night

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks mallomere, i know Morgan LLywelyn's books are good but i cant seem to get into the bard, but will eventualy thanks, ill try it again

4. Balthor Stoneface

Balthor Stoneface Dwarf metal guitarist

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You might want to try a book calle "Celtic myth and legend" by Charles Squire. It has the Red Branch of Ulster, and stuff about the Gaelic gods. It's a really good book

5. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't Cuchulainn mean Achilles or something, I do know that in Ireland there is a place called Ulster.

6. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Cuchulainn was a completely different character, and it means "the hound of Culainn"

I haven't read the book to which you refer, so I'm afraid I don't know how much more or less I know than you. I am quite a fan of Celtic mythology, however, so If you have any specific questions. . .

7. Bard

Bard Erchamion

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I just know that my friend told me that it was the Gaelic translation for Achilles. Not that I am saying that those two stories have anything to do with each other, if that is what you are thinking.