Creatures of Asian Mythology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red Leader, May 21, 2017.

1. Red Leader

Red Leader New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if you guys could help me. I´ve been writting a series of fantasy books for a long time where the characters fight against different mythological and fantasy creatures, but inside Europe and using this folklore. Now they are going to travel to Asia and I was doing some research to find cool creatures here, but I´ve been only able to find gods and this kind of very spiritual, too-much-powerful-and-above-mortals charcters. Can someone tell me some creatures more "common" like the vampires, demons, mermaids and this things but of the Asian Continent? All the countries are okay excluding Japan.
    I will be really greatful If you give me some staff, I have barely nothing.

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Of course there's still the dragon, creatures of wisdom, rather than creatures that guard treasures, symbolic of the ego. However .Chinese dragons are symbols of luck, strength and power and have great magical abilities. You have the Dragon King and his sons. The Jianshi is an undead creature. It kills the living to absorb their life force. The Mogwai are also demonic, evil spirits. A creature of vengeance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MattII

MattII Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Take a look at the 'mythical creatures' section of the wikipedia page on Chinese mythology.