Cosmology: Dawn OOC

Discussion in 'RPG and OOC RPG Discussions' started by wanderingmagus, May 25, 2018.

1. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 the poor mans old breed

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Ok lol cool. Sorry man, I suppose it didn’t make as much since ending that post that way.
    Also, mnb thank you for helping makes streams and lakes, you saved me some time :yellow:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus King Anakin's Royal Advisor, Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    @Midnattblod , parts of your post don't make sense in light of the whole "beginning of creation with nothing preceding" thing in place. Why would Thrulf think it strange to see a ball of earth without plants? How work would he know what plants are in the first place, as they as a concept don't even exist yet? About the only thing he could likely think is that the planet is unsatisfactory because it's lifeless, and even that wouldn't be strictly true, since the other gods have already created various living beings. :/ anything that doesn't already exist must be thought up and created, or spring forth spontaneously. that includes all variety of life. Every variety of tree, every variety of fungus, every variety of plants life in general, every type of flower, every type of fruits, every type of Pine and Ash and Willow and Oak must be thought up first and that created, for they have never existed before. They must be imagined from nothing. That includes birds as well. the concept of flying creatures in the air, concept of winged beings with feathers and colors that sing in beautiful songs, must be thought of, must be invented, must be dreamed into existence. Every insect, if a frog and lizard, every turtle and Bunny and rabbit and fox, Every living thing that there is or will be Must Be Imagined and created, or spring into existence from nothing. Seasons, also, must be created. The concept of Seasons: spring and fall, summer and winter. snow and hail, Frost and sleet, all must be thought of and created, or otherwise spring forth of their own accord. The Turning of the leaves, the bringing forth of fruit. The blossoming of flowers, the existence of seeds and spores. All must be created, or spring forth from nothingness.

@warrior_squirrel21 this goes for lightning and thunder too, unless you decide to make them a natural rather than Supernatural phenomenon.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  3. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Royal Wolf of Shadow

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    Yea, I'll probably edit it a bit. It was really late and I kinda wanted to get something down.

4. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    Osseon has been created. He manages the flow of time. His dreams of the future of the Sun are projected across the sky as stars, only visible when they are not drowned in the daytime light of the Sun.

5. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
  6. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    Someone else should post something before I do my next one.

@Stonk does Emptuma have anything to say regarding Osseon, another "Awakened Keeper" deity?

7. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    I'm slowly working on my first post. trying to get it right. I'll let everyone know when it has been fully edited though

8. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    I'm thinking of inserting the Wanderer as a patron of scholars, servant of Time and Void, keeper of records, Eye of the Maker, knight of crossroads, Lady of Weirdways (wormholes), weaver of the fabric of reality/magic. Something to both fit the character and clean up a few untaken Realms that desperately need taking and organizing. I could leave a bunch of the reality and space stuff to Emptuma, but Stonk doesn't seem to be posting much. Mortal magic could be left to the individual patron gods, but I'm undecided how hard the line is between clerics with divine magic and makes with arcane magic. Or the nature of magic in general.

9. RayCaptain

RayCaptain Sojourning Traveler

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    If the post for Z'ozal seems a little nonsensical, it's meant to. Future posts about the Blight will be more in-line with traditional writing and less inwardly focused as to alleviate any difficulty reading posts involving it. Also, all my future references to the True Form will either be as just that or a capitalized and italicized It. I was trying to figure out how to identify Z'ozal's True Form from everything else, as well as Z'ozal itself from the generic word "it' to refer to... Anything else... And it became confusing and difficult. My apologies. Writing this character is draining and the tiniest bit anxiety producing haha.

In the future, I promise I'll be precise with my italics and identifications. And again, I'll try and make it in-line with my usual writing and less abstract. Forgive me, friends!

10. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    Not sure if my post is a bit too much, but basically what I did was create effectively infinite alternate "dimensions" and "planes" which anyone can claim or shape as needed, then strung around the threads of what would one day be called "magic", in the meantime inventing spells, sigils, and Words of Power. I also made a little Gate for Z'aozal to open or shut as It wanted, if It hated the world so much, and also for future mortals to shut if it was decided that It was at risk of wrecking the mortal world as a whole. When I got done, I made myself a library.

Anyone can now use the planes and the portal network. The Wanderer's just here to teach, dole out magical powers/realms, etc. She claims nothing for herself, really, other than the Library and the portal network and the Gates. If you want an entire swath of Magic, such as "all Elemental Fire magic", just ask and she'll gladly hand it over, along with all relevant sigils and spells etc, to be Shaped as you please. If you think of new Shapes or Words to be added to the Records, just bring it up with her, and she'll add it to the list.

11. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    we're also lacking a figure that "named the nameless hills and dells, drank from yet untasted wells". the Wanderer could do it, along with naming the animals created by Thrulf, but only if nobody else wants to do it. or we could leave the whole naming thing to mortals like the Dwarves.

12. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    hey, I'm still trying to fix my first post, so give poor Thrulf some time. been a long week and a half or so. I will get to it, or yea mortals could name the animals

13. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    Lol, no worries. Take your time if you need to, just be aware that other players may be waiting on you for certain events.

14. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    Someone should ping me in about 5 hours so I can remember that I have to finish editing my post. I keep forgetting about it

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    ok, I think that should suffice. at least I hope so. let me know if something needs fixing yet :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    So I named all the changelings. Vainold is the first vampire, but he will sleep in his tomb until the creation of mortals with blood. @RayCaptain I will task Z'ozal (so you) with waking Vainold from his sleep and giving him a gift of blood (of course, only after mortals are created). Yudaaril is planning on creating the first wooden instrument (other than the void flute Inyirin, the first instrument of any kind) with the branch from Thrulf's forest. @wanderingmagus Modaara basically wants to have a meeting with the wandering magus on the top of Yar. Once finding out about the library and written language, he was going to discuss the creation of written music, and to create a section in the library that records all the songs Modaara hears from the outside world (since the events of the outside world alter the songs of Yar, it could be seen as a way of recording the events of the world via music).

17. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
  18. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    I think sometime soon we will need to start making mortals.

19. Midnattblod

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    I just wanted to let everyone know, I will be making a post later today so yea

• Like Like x 2
  20. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    Would it make sense for Thrulf to create the Elves? Or is he too animalistic for that?

I'm thinking Halflings will be Modaara's creation, unless someone else really wants to do it.