Cosmology: Dawn OOC

Discussion in 'RPG and OOC RPG Discussions' started by wanderingmagus, May 25, 2018.

1. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 the poor mans old breed

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    That would be sweet to have a trickster god, or like the god of antonyms lol. He finds pleasure in literally the opposite of those he encounters etc.
    HOW-EVA
    I like the forge god of fire too. I was thinking Loosat and Mogath could initially hate each other due to their nature, but eventually turn into a more friendly rivalry, as Loosat begins to admire the quality of Mogaths craftsmanship of things like weapons and armor.
    You know, later down the line when I can actually get to the whole god of warfare thing going with the mortals.

2. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    Once there's an evil god and some mortals, I think one of the original 7 changelings will start to worship the evil god and will kill a mortal and drink it's blood, thus creating the first vampire.

Ray, I think you should totally make the evil/trickster god but still keep Mogath around as the forge/fire god.

3. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus King Anakin's Royal Advisor, Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    ^this is my opinion - it's up to you, of course, but personally I love Mogath the way He is, along with His children the Dwarves and Salamanders and Elementals.

If there were a god of Death and Decay, it doesn't have to be "evil". There's a lot of philosophies that allow for the concept of death to be neutral or even good, a necessary part of reality. Also, we don't have afterlives yet, or the concept of souls, and other than Mogath and Loosat, we seem to be sorely lacking in primordial monsters and unspeakably eldritch creatures and angels. We could solve that with some sort of true neutral or chaotic neutral "balance" god, whose purpose is to create a cycle of life and death, generate souls from the void nothingness or create a separate plane of souls, shape afterlives, and bring forth eldritch void-eaters and world-devourers which help to shape reality.

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain Sojourning Traveler

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    I literally had like seven tabs of Lovecraftian horror inspired stuff for my god. Less a death deity and more a deity of the process of becoming dead lol.

I'm getting the vibe that it's a yes to running two so I'll rework Mogan to be a god of fire and not just molten rock... Or maybe give him another creation, a demi-god that is the god of fire. I like that.

5. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    You also still have the First Creation, the star born of anger and passion, which so far just spawned the world by the power of music. That ball of fire might be something.

6. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    okidoke, fixed the CS (his name is indeed "Mogan" I'm just an idiot who was writing at 4 in the morning after a ten hour workshift and "-th" is apparently hardwired into my brain as "FantasyName.txt") and the intro post. I introduced what is basically the "god of fire" but, gave Mogan the same power because I don't intend the god of fire to really do much early on in the story. I'll be making a CS for him after posting this.

Basically I spun him as a god of fire, swordplay, dreams, and protector of the power to create mortals, no one can create mortals outside of their predestined introduction into the land (which will be whenever you choose, I'm not gonna metagame y'all :p). There doesn't even need to be interaction with the fire god or even acknowledgement; he exists mostly in what would be a dream world. It's not another universe or dimension or anything (not yet until WM decides to make it that way? I don't know your intentions, if something needs changing I'll be so happy to oblige) but within this realm, within the minds of the sleeping.

I'll use him for storyline purposes later on, especially with my next character which Magus totally accidentally spoiler ruined lol. Y'all wanted eldritch tentacle monsters and I'm gonna oblige you.

7. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    edited the OP to reflect realm and title changes.

however, the dream world, alternate dimensions and planes etc will need to be created ex nihilo, like everything else. the only things we all start with is what we already have, and all else, including any "voids" or "mystical realms" or "dimensions" etc will need to be made, like the "foundations of the world", the "stream of time", the "tree of reality", "insert-mystical-name-here" etc. It's perfectly fine for things to spring from something else or randomly appear, but it can't come from a place that hasn't yet appeared or been created. this also means if any of you have any intention of making a God of Time, you'd best do it now rather than later, or else things get REAL wibbly-wobbly.

Also, it looks like we need to rearrange some of the most recent posts in light of edits, deletions and re-submissions lol. There's a few things out of order, such as Modaara and Loosat seeing volcanoes and steam when that's impossible, or creating mortal life before the creation of the Lord-Protector of Mortal Life, unless Changelings and Tarjinal God-Pikes technically don't count as "mortal".

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  8. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    Well I've always thought of dreams, and intended for it to be this way in the game, as just another part of the world we're in now as opposed to a different or parallel universe/realm, etc. It's just something you see when you are unconscious!

9. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    that's fine if that's how you want it! but the primordial void is shapeless for a reason - it takes whatever shape or form you want it to take, as you're all Shapers. if you want the Dream World to simply be another facet of reality, the way that the turning of a diamond shows a different face, that's perfectly fine as well - you'll simply have to specify that as the new shape of reality, since that's a brand-new truth that was undefined up until now. the same goes for any other metaphorical-real-many-truths explanation or shape. If you want there to be a chaotic void between the Dream World and "Reality", then you'll need to specify that as a new shape of reality, a new Truth. you can declare it as a god, or have it spring forth ex nihilo, or have it come to pass as a natural phenomenon. when it comes to aspects of Reality, the Law of Basic Sanity doesn't necessarily apply.

10. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    I deleted and re-posted my post to be after Mogan's first post. And Changeling aren't mortal.

All @warrior_squirrel21 needs to do is edit out the part about seeing steam.

I can create a god of time sometime in the next 24 hours. He will be somehow related to Modaara since time is just a way of measuring change.

11. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    I figured changelings and the fishy boys were "immortal" the same way salamanders and elementals were.

@Kelmourne it definitely reads like your changelings aren't mortal so to speak?

12. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +636 / 1 / -1
    if/when you create a God of Time, you'll need to really specify things like time travel if you ever intend to use it, or at least make preliminary stuff to allow for future decisions in that regard - will time travel create cosmic retcons? will it make a new "branch" of reality, turning Creation into a Tree or Garden of Trees or some other metaphorical shape? reality is shapeless still, and it's all up to you to Shape it!

13. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmm.......well before work I had a couple paragraphs involving steam quite heavily....
    So, wait, why can't steam exist yet? I was going with it because it's a naturally occurring thing when lava hits ocean water. I was thinking most of these early posts were essentially running at a "sort of" at the same time rate, until the gods or their creations actually interact with each other and then it's at a "definitely" at the same time rate.
    Rays post after mine kind of just jumps back in time (almost like an unintentional GoT chapter) and runs up to "about" the same time as Loosat creates his majestic little god sized Marlins.
    Which are "immortal" except if say, like a god tried to kill them. Then they'd be in trouble.
    Sorry for all the run on sentences.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    WS read my post right, it jumps from time point to time point and intentionally allows for cuts into and out of other timelines.

"Like a GoT chapter" is exactly how it could be thought of. Things happening at the same time from different povs.

All that to say, steam isn't an issue :p

15. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to cause conflict so early, y’all, just kinda wondering.

16. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    Bad and should feel bad, but also, just write about yer boy like we talked about in messages :^)

17. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    Since Ray deleted his Mogan post and posted an edited version later on in the thread, one of your posts has steam before Mogan was created. Now that Mogan has definitely been created, you can do stuff with steam I would assume.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Royal Wolf of Shadow

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    is there a day/night cycle yet? I kinda skimmed most of the lesser details when I went to post, but may have missed if there was or not

19. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +430 / 2 / -1
    It's a planet moving around a sun so yes. The god of time hasn't been created yet so days might not all be the same length.

God of time, coming soon.

20. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Royal Wolf of Shadow

Ratings:
    +795 / 4 / -1
    ok, just wanted to make sure cause then I know what can and can't happen. I did finally post too so yea, sorry for the delay