Cosmology: Dawn OOC

Discussion in 'RPG and OOC RPG Discussions' started by wanderingmagus, May 25, 2018.

1. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus King Anakin's Royal Advisor, Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +633 / 1 / -1
    RP: Cosmology: Dawn RP
    Sign-up & Info: "Cosmology: Dawn" Sign-up & Info

This is the OOC thread, please keep all OOC here!

Additional rules:
    • Forum rules.
    • No violence
    • No power-playing (taking control of someone else's OC), unless EXPLICIT permission is given, by either said player or by one of the GM's.
    • NO Game Moderating unless you are on the Game Moderating list! (To be created as necessary)
    • If you must swear, please try to be reasonable about it.
    • If you're speaking in a foreign language, give a translation ooc.
    • No real-world politics or religion.
    • Please write more than just one or two words per post.
    • Please PARTICIPATE. If you cannot participate, tell me and I will remove your name from the list.
    • No attacking other players. Characters can attack one another, factions can go to war, but at the end of a day, it's just a game.
    • Obviously, I can and will change rules whenever people try to bend or go around them, so none of that.

For Gods only:
    • Everyone is a god/goddess.
    • Your Realm is not only your power, but your responsibility.
    • If something goes wrong and it's in YOUR realm, it's YOUR responsibility to fix it. Unless you decide otherwise, but don't assume the other gods are just going to sit around watching the world end just because you fail to act.
    • Everyone has to say what their power is, limited to a certain Realm. For instance, heat, life, plants, water, etc.
    • No controlling other gods' realms.
    • Gods start out at equal, realm-omnipotent levels of power. If deicide (killing gods) becomes enough of a problem that people are complaining to me, I'll make it so that NOBODY can so much as touch one another or even themselves AT ALL, only affect creation and maybe ruin someone else's work. That would mean no affecting other gods physically, mentally, emotionally or in any other way aside from talking. Please don't make me do that.
    • Every action has a tangible effect on creation, and excessive horseplay can result in destroying creation and forcing you to rebuild it again.
    • No, you can't just say "let there be humans", unless you already have all the prerequisites, like air and food, or unless you change the characteristics of "human" to not need any of that. Otherwise, you'll have to get in there and shape the reality yourself. It's a long process.
    • If you're going to be doing evil things to your creations, just say it was evil and don't go into too much detail. We don't need paragraph upon paragraph of gore and rape and torture, unless everyone else wants that, and I personally don't want that.
    • You can go wrecking reality, but I won't stop everyone else from ganging up on you to undo your changes.
    • Remember that as reality gets more complicated, it also gets more fragile.
    • If you're going to swear, please try to be reasonable about it. See the rule about being evil.
    • No leaving the dimension or grabbing things from other dimensions, unless you've already created another dimension, and the thing you're grabbing.
    • Time, however, is changeable IF AND ONLY IF you are: a) the god of Time/associated realm, or b) within your Place of Power, that is, whatever you deem to be "your" throne and dwelling, as much as that can apply to a god. Think Olympus. And no, the entire world cannot qualify as your place of power alone, when it gets created, since it would presumably be a team effort.
    • Gods use bold text when interfacing with mortals or non-gods. This should cut down on potential confusion when there's a large number of characters speaking.

For Mortals:
    • No excessive depictions of violence, please. You can slaughter every inhabitant in the city if you like, but we don't need all the intricate details.
    • If you're going to swear, again, please be reasonable.
    • Insulting a God can and often will get your OC smited. They're GODS.
    • Do as you wish, but remember you are MORTALS.
    • Mortals don't get to have realms unless a god allows it.
    • Mortals don't get God powers unless a god bequeath it, in which case you probably should fall under the "demigod" category rather than mortal.
    • If you want powers, ask first please.
    • Mortals can't so much as TOUCH or affect Gods in any way, shape, or form, as a general rule. Exceptions are on a case by case basis, and usually involves a lot of player consent and extraordinary circumstances.
    • That means you cannot affect gods physically, mentally, emotionally or in any other way aside from talking.
    • Gods, however, can give Mortals power if you ask VERY, VERY NICELY.
    • Violation of any of the above or any of the Forum Rules will result in being reported and banned from the game.

Only the GM and assistant GMs can run the game. If you think you are qualified to help out, please PM me or assistants.
    Please sign up before playing.
    Keep OOC in the OOC thread.
    All rules and conditions subject to change at any time by GM and assistants.

Happy worldbuilding!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +633 / 1 / -1
    decided to post something to make Emptuma less lonely and have something happen in the game :\

3. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -1
    Okay so Modaara just created a rock planet orbiting the sun that Emptuma created. Eventually it will need water, plants/animals, and mortals, so that it can start resembling a real fantasy setting.

4. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +633 / 1 / -1
    yep! if you want to, you could have the primordial gods have larger responsibilities, which they dole out to either their siblings or their children/creations. for instance, Emptuma is really the god of voids, but He still created the Sun, and presumably can create the stars as well, so it might at the moment be better to call Him the God of Cosmos - the Void Above, and the Void Below. and even though Modaara is the God of Winds/Music, He could also at the moment classify as the God of the Earth, the God of Weather, God of the Skies, brother to Emptuma. In many ways, Father of All, since You seem to actually care about creating, where Emptuma creates more or less on accident so far.

5. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 the poor mans old breed

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    I’ll get working on the oceans and start experimenting with minor life down there in later posts. Can’t truly be a war god until much later when we get some sentient life going.

• Like Like x 1
  6. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +633 / 1 / -1
    awesome, thanks! :D

7. RayCaptain

RayCaptain Stranger in a Strange Land

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
  8. wanderingmagus

Ratings:
    +633 / 1 / -1
    Beautiful! Every introduction so far has been awesome, now I'm just waiting for some interaction between the gods :) at some point we're going to need a nature god or goddess. That and animals, plants and fungus and all that. Good work so far, everyone!

9. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -1
    @RayCaptain I think you misread some of the earlier posts. The star created by Emptuma was the first creation in the void, so Mogath couldn't have created all the mountains and valleys and THEN woke up one day to see the new star in the sky. Additionally, Mogath couldn't have created the FIRST mountains and valleys since Modaara had already done that (although Modaara hadn't created metals or volcanoes).

Would it be possible for you to re-write portions of your post? Otherwise the timeline makes no sense.

Here's the timeline so far before your post (I assume we're going chronologically here):
    -Emptuma created the first star out of pure rage at his maker
    -Modaara took a portion of the star and cooled it into the Earth
    -Modaara walked the Earth blasting mountains and valleys into the surface with his music
    -Modaara created the singing mountain of Yar from which the winds of the world are created
    -Loosat creates the oceans of the world

Also, your sign-up post uses both Mogan and Mogath.

10. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    I'll fix it after work

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -1
    Thanks. And just so it's clear, Modaara isn't trying to be "God of mountains" or "God of Earth". Based on the circumstances, he's the one who created the Earth but he did it via his powers over Wind and Music, not any sort of power or dominion over the "Earth" element.

My next post will detail Modaara's creation of a new race (initially very limited in number) called the Changelings. Due to their nature they will never form nations or empires, but they will have some mild innate magical abilities.

12. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    Right. I'll come up with something I'm sure.

13. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    If it's no harm, no foul I might recreate my CS. No sense in a god of earth when the features of the earth exist and mine isn't meant to be a fire god.

I can make a fire god if that's what we need?

Edit: fire doesn't really come until later in most mythos. So I'll think of something else.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  14. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -1
    You can recreate it if you want, I have no problems with that, but I will say I really liked how your god created volcanoes, all metals of the world, salamanders, volcano elementals, and dwarves.

I think if you want to be a god of smiths, fire would be a better element for him than earth. And since we have a god of water, a fire/water rivalry would make alot of sense.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    Well, mortality hasn't been introduced yet has it? The concept of death, decline, etc?

Just a god of fire would be really cool but later when there was something to wield it. I'll put the forge god concept in my back pocket for later or until someone else wants that route

16. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -1
    Mortals haven't been created yet, but you can still have immortal creatures if you can find a cool way to justify their creation. I assumed Salamanders and Volcano Elementals were "immortal" so they could still exist at this point.

And there's nothing saying you can't create the first mortals (Dwarves). That's literally how it happened in Middle Earth, Aule the smith of the gods forged the dwarves as the first mortals.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  17. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    Yeah, that's how I had planned it. Not necessarily that anything come first in comparison to other creature creations - indeed I meant to leave the timeline as vague and flexible in comparison with everyone else's as possible.

What I meant though was introducing a god who "creates" death, since the concept would be otherwise foreign to gods and immortal creatures.

I'll leave it up to @wanderingmagus What would be most beneficial for the RP? Introducing fire or death?

18. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -1
    Wouldn't it be less work to change Mogath into a fire god than to make a new one? You wouldn't even need to change most of your post.

19. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    It would! But I never shy away from work especially when it's for fun purposes :D

20. RayCaptain

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +428 / 3 / -10
    Also, I feel like the introduction of evil would be fun. I know WS' god is basically a war god and all about violence, etc (dope intro btw angrier Poseidon) but I mean like sinister evil, treachery, and violence from fear and envy and all those wormy things as oppossed to anger. Something truly repugnant.

• Like Like x 1