Core Discussion

Discussion in 'Kung Fu Kult Guild' started by I. R. Shogun, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    The easiest slam to perform is the rugby tackle styled one. Basically bend down and hit the waist, and lift up, and then just holding onto them as your bring them back down, but basically jumping to let your feet of the ground to "slam" them down.

2. Dead Dutchman

Dead Dutchman Regressive

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My form of fighting is what we calling in australia "Self taught brawling" I prefer to call it grappling, I first learned how to fight in the eighth grade in my first fight, it was pretty much instintic, i got close as i could so he couldnt throw a good punch got him in a head lock, leg swept him got him to the ground, put my knee in his upper back and pull his head back, people told what i did was brawling im pretty sure it was grappling. either way thats my fighting style ive slowly perfected over my school years in various other fights, i always try to lock the neck, head or choke my opponents way more effective then punching and kicks. I currently trying to find a place to teach me submission wrestling or a book where i can teach myself, thus far no luck. i do alot training nowa days to my grappling or chain wrestling as some call it to where i want it, im still far off, but i hope one day some how some way to have a wrestling match with kurt angle. The guys my hero, he's the one who got me interested in chain and technical wrestling.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  3. Dead Dutchman

Dead Dutchman Regressive

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ive found the best way to perfect your suplexs is to buy a two heshim cloths the length and width of your own body and cut out the shape of a body (Make sure you measure) and sow the two of the together and leave a hole in the top of the head, then go down to your local beach and steal some sand, dont worry there plenty for everyone else to enjoy and take it home and fill the fake human up and then finish the sowing up, make sure to do triple stitch on it or else it will burst, now its time to practice suplexs. Start slow two-three a day dont not do more or else youll strain your back, start with slowly suplexing, dont try snap or delay, just left and drop not to fast or slow keep it moderate and over time you be able to german, delay, fisherman, capture, snap suplex anything hell even create your own unique suplexs.

make sure to moderate the weight of the fake human to where you are capable to suplex it, i started off it 60kilos, but it depends on your height, weight and lower back and leg strength, remember dont over exert your self, take your time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  4. Dead Dutchman

Dead Dutchman Regressive

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wait sorry guys i just reliezed, i should have asked for I.R Shogun's permission before i started posting, sorry about that :(

5. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The style you described is deffinately grappling. What you described as far as what you do in a grapple has shades of Jiu-Jutsu, which was popularised by the Gracie family or Rio De Jenaro(sp?). As far as resources go try this site http://www.grapplearts.com/index.htm. And also try to find other people to train for grappling with you, and a gymnastics mat would be a good investment. Jiu-Jutsu and Judo are both pretty easy to find internet resources for. judoinfo.com is one of the best judo sites out there, and probably my second most frequented combat website.just try typing in styles you're interested in on google for sites, and Amazon.com is a great resource for books and videos on different martial arts.

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I've been looking around, and I really cannot find any books on the internet that provide pictures and diagrams for home training.

You have any suggestions?

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I know the books on Ninjutsu from Dr. Haha Lung and Christopher Prowant have diagrams.

for Judo I've seen a few books with them, most notably is Kodoka Judo: Throwing techniques by Toshiro Daigo and Francoise White

it really depends on what style you're looking for. Like I said, Amazon has a lot of really useful books, and you're bound to find some with diagrams if you look hard enough

8. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well...aslong as there are titles and stuff that's what I really need.

It makes searching a lot easier.

I'll try out those one's

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    the ones by Lung and Prowant that I remember are:

Assassin
    Mind Manipulation
    Knights of Darkness
    Ninja Shadowhand

I've only read the last one, but I found it quite useful

10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well...I found...something...now just to see if I can download it

11. Sphinx

Sphinx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ultimate Fighting Championship videos are awesome for learning any sort of technique, as the fighters range from pure wrestlers/grapplers to kick boxers to Ju Jitsu. My personal style is grappling/kickboxing. When in a fight, I try to hold the guy at a distance with straight kicks to the mid section or roundhouse kicks to the legs. If he manages to get in close, I have a couple different stratigies, based on the guys size compared to me.
    If he's roughly my size or smaller, I'll put him in a mui thai clinch and throw knees to his mid section and face. A mui thai clinch is where you put your hands behind his head so you limit his mobility and eveaiseivness. If you pull his face into your knee as you strike, it doubles the power.
    For a guy of any size, I can usually get in close and hit him. The most powerful strike at that point is elbows to the midsection. Alot of people always go for the face, but the stomache, kidneys, and solar plexus are alot weaker. After a few hits to one of these areas, a guy will usually drop his hands away from his face, leaving him wide open for a right hook to the jaw.
    If the guy is bigger than me, I immediatly take him down if he manages to close in on me. My lower body is very strong, so my preferred take down is squatting down, shoulder into the guys stomach, stand, and fall. An easier takedown for guys that might not be easily lifted is the double leg. In this, dive at his legs, putting your shoulders into his knees. lock your hands behind him, and role. This will usually take anyone down.
    Once I have the guy on the ground, I have a couple paths to the finish. Again, the path I take depends on the other mans size. If he isn't much bigger, I'll sit on his chest/stomach with my knees in his armpits and drop elbows onto his face. If he covers his face, then you can punch his abdomen. At this point, the fight is basically over.
    If the dude is bigger than me, I have a large variety of submissions in my arsonal, and I use one or two of those to cause so much pain that the guy can't continue.
    My personal favorite form of fighting is grappeling, and my least favorite is standard boxing, though I love to kickbox.

Earlier, I saw a guy ask how to increase the power behind a punch. The ways I'm going to tell don't necessarily come from an increase in strength, but a change in strategy.
    The easiest way is to concentrate on a spot 6 inches behind the target. Most people, when fighting, stop their momentum a few inches from the target, and this results in a much weaker strike. If you punch through the target, you will get the full power of the hit.
    Another way is strike placement. There are several charts on the internet showing various pressure points on the body that a hit will hurt alot maore than other areas.
    And, last, but not least, if you are seriously out matched and getting a brutal beating, aim below the belt. It may be cheap, but at least you won't have to get stiched or have a cast from a terrible beat down.
    If you want to know more about kickboxing or grappling, just say something and I would be glad to tell you. I'm going to try and find some videos or diagrams, and I'll post links to them here.

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    *Nods*

My personal first thought is always a punch followed by an elbow, or a flying knee to the face. The first one just works, and the second one, if they catch me I can always squirm free.

I'm personally not above fighting dirty. I've taught a few people my system which I call "American Bear Fighting" and I always teach the primary targets as throat, eyes, groin. In that order. I also teach them every point you can use as an effective striking weapon on your body, and a few unorthodox techniques that have proved effective in every sparring situation I've been in. Other than that a lot of what I teach is just the principles of several martial arts which work to form the basis of my system. Although I' working on a few new techniques that will come to mind easily.