Concept Artists

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patkun, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Patkun

Patkun Patkun, lover of bread

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else think that John Howe deserves a little more credit for the concept art of the films?
    All I ever hear about is how wonderful Alan Lee is. He is, but I think the two artists shared creative responsibility about equally-- Alan Lee did mostly sets and building design (for instance, he designed and partially built Rivendell and the Last Homely House, and Helm's Deep), and John Howe did a lot of paintings as models for action shots, and designed a lot of creatures, including the Fell Beasts.

If I'm being a nit-picking moron, just tell me, but I don't think it seems fair to notice the work if only one artist.

2. SEVENWOLVES

SEVENWOLVES GET READY FOR PUNISHMENT

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    they deserves credit yes, but they work behind the great actors so they are used to be not to be in the spotlight!!!

3. Hehrenya

Hehrenya Elvish for 'Jessica'

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Deffinately they do. I love fantasy art and these two are 2 of the most reputable. They both deserve more of a shout out for all the effort. As for who's getting more spotlight, I wouldn't know because I never hear of any of them. I wouldn't know of them if I didn't love fantasy art.