Comments on Profiles

Discussion in 'Character Profiles' started by Winterine, Aug 26, 2004.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I'd say if you were to change characters in the future RPG use Jex, he's not the best character around but I could see some interesting plot developments with him, but there's more with Khyradon

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I dont want to sound like a b*stard, but I totally hate Jex, not only the mix of other characters but he seems morbidly cliche.

3. DarkElv22-JJ

DarkElv22-JJ Your opponent

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well you just look at his appearance. thats what your problem is, and yes jex would be a very interesting character to use. because of his personality and such. and a plot developement would actually work well. i could change the way he looks and stuff, and change how he looks, but his personality is stayin the same.

4. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    well he does seem like a clash of characters but there are lots of openings for a character with that type of history

5. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    and maybe just maybe make him so hes not a combination of all of us

6. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yea well just tell me how he is and i will change that. besides the black, hes changing that. but the bomb defusing arm stays. other then that, what else?

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The nanite stuff really is impossible, and alone its a rip off dailan.

But still, I dont like Jex.

8. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well i change the name of the lil things. thats all, your forgetting that this is the future, most anything is possible.(you know what i mean)

and i dunno why in the world you would hate him. he hasnt even got to do anything, your judging on the way his profile looks, you really are bad at judging crusader.

9. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    profile is what makes the character....as we know what to expect of the character...becasue if you Rp the character the way he's not not meant to be...it looks stupid...!

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry but calling someone a bad judge of character because of their own opinion of them is a little idiotic of you, no offence. Bad judge of character arises from unfounded expectations and assumtions.

I have read Jex's profile and was one of the elite few who read your first introduction of him whcih appeared to be just him riding in on a bike, spurting a one liner and shooting people. What I have seen I dont like, the fact that he hardily speaks means that your posts will be actions alone, which can get boring and dull. You keep profesing a good character but how is anyone going to get to know a good character if the guy hardily says a thing? The story of his life is I little hard to swallow, his arm crushed by a wrecking ball in a gang fight, I dont really know how many gangs bring wrecking balls or how much use they would be against someone who can run away before they swung once (Unlike jex who was obviously trying to armwrestle with it or something), and the only cure is one special doctor who has a magic robotic arm. To be honest I dont think this far in the future there wouldl be a hosptal that didnt stock robotic arms, or at least be able to heal the wound well enough. And he kept being a bodyguard to the guy but let him die in the end? why didnt he run as soona s he got his new fangled arm? You say he has a big heart but let the guy die, you say he has a big heart yet the streets turned him cold and he joined a gang, that doesnt sound all too warm hearted to me. You say he never had a family but did untill he was three, he has a lover but can nver have her because she is engaged, but then how can he even have her in the first place? How can he commit adultery with a big heart?, thats a lot of contradictions

There, my opinion: Boring, unbelievable and contradicting.

As for nanites dont get me started, changing their name is like me rebottling every coke in the country and selling it as a gourmet brand, I would get my ass sued off, changing the anme does nothing.

The problem is what they do, nanites do not work the way you say they are doing in this situation, and every time i say that you say 'its the future' so let me critically ananlyise the situation:
    1) where are the nanites? There nanites seem to pour down Jex's arms and form guns, now take the same kind of guns but made normally and melt them down, you have a big hunk of metal the size of three or four footballs. Wheres all this when there are no guns? Does Jex have a backpack where its all stored? Dailan has nanites that run within his own blood and can thus do not much, if there were more in his veins than blood he would die pretty quickly. The metal needed by Jex is nearly twice the volume of human blood, and therefore impossible for him to store it anywhere within his body.
    2)Nanites are? Nanites are teeny tiny little machines that at best cna push things around and rearrange atoms. Guns are big pieces of machinery, not only are they huge but they require many different materials to function, from zinc on the firing pin, to steel barrel and frame as well as springs. These many different materials are used because they have proerties one alone does not have. Nanites cannot form solid objects of their own mass, They are too small to link together let alone be any stronger than paper if they could, steel of a gun much have a lot of strength t prevent a misfire. A bar made of nanites would proabably bend or break or shatter in one hit. They could not possibly attain the physical properties of springs or the non-reactive properties of most of the gun. It would not work, plain and simple. Also to link up they would need to be under stong control, a nanite is too small to have a ranged radio transmitter or its own CPU. Dailans are controllect by his sunconcious through neurons that follow ever part of his body, he has almost no controll outside his body at all more than against his skin. How the hell can Jex have nanites that for the complex structurs of a gun around his arms in this case? How the hell can a nanite leave his body and know exactly where to go and what to do? the simple truth is that it cant.
    Bullets? You made it quite clear that the guns formed are ye olde bullet firing guns which means they stock bullets. Where? A gun forms on Jex's arm and suddenly its got fourty bullets in it. Nanites cant make bullets for the reasons shown above and that nanites are not made of gunpowder, so wheres that come from? So lets say theyre not made of nanites, how do they get into a gun that appears from nowhere? Any explaination of where the nanites come from excludes bullets. From his body: Does he squeeze bullets from his skin. From a tank: Do they just flow down his arms with the nanites? It doesnt work!!!!!!
    If you want guns just say he has guns, dont go completely against the laws of science to do it.

It may be the future but I'm willing to bet all that lovely hi tech stuff was made using science, not magic space monkeys. The laws of physics, bilogy, chemisty are the basis of everything and you cant do something stupidly against all of them and say 'it might happen' If my next character was a magic space monkey who could kill you all with a though, you would complain and have a right. But hey, its the future there could be magic space monkeys out there somewhere. We could all have super-tech if we wanted to but that would be pretty much like god modding and that is against the forum rules so whatever we do should at least have some scientific basis behind it. And I complain like this when theres no explaination for something that wouldnt work.

11. DarkElv22-JJ

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    lol i didnt read the nanite stuff. its a story bud. ok-he got the arm crushed by a guy who was using a wrecking car(thing)......do you watch movies? yea they do weird stuff like that.

when i said the street turned him cold i mean he doesnt talk and shuts ppl out. but he has a big heart, thats not hard to process. he didnt run out on the doctor cuz he likes fighting and protecting, plus he felt like he was wanted.....i guess. he let the guy die cuz he was evil, and he couldnt do it himself, cuz he would be hunted down and killed by the doctors spies, assasins. etc. He didnt have a family(im not talking about dad and mom staying there until he was three, use you head.) he did have parents...but not a family family(if ya know what i mean) and have you read books where a guy loves a woman and she loves him, but he cant marry her cuz she is enforced to marry a prince, warrior, etc. thats what it means. incase you wanna know. o yea, he joined the gang(and if you knew what gangs were like then you would know that the gang is like a "family") because he was looking for a place to belong and a family, ya know where he can have "brothers" so to say. hope i answered those well enough, any more questions, just holler.

when he drove in (in the post) he killed one man.....ONE....thats nothing big at all.

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    nothing big, but what i saw didnt show much character. you can say he is great all you want but in my opinion he isnt that good, and thats my opinion to which i am entitled, but you calling me a bad judge over it is just plain wrong, I've judged what ive seen and my opinion is based on that, you opinion would be entirely differnt but niether of us would be wrong. And so what if he killed one guy, whats that have to do with anything, the cheesy one liner was still there, the woefully inaccurate depiction of nanite technology was there, the unbelievability of the context of his actions was still there. how many people he killed doesnt seem to have much to do with the character of the guy.

And if you dindt read the nanite stuff then I'm assuming your giving up on nano bite formed guns, because it shows an entirely unbelievable amount of tactlessness to ignore facts in favour of your own benefit.

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Darky you really should have read the nanite stuff...if you don't read things that show where you are wrong, you can never fully develop a good character. Also your character has so amny different backgrounds ranging from no aprents to evil doctors who fix him up and a girl who is married to a prince (that too is vague...looks like you made that up for an answer...), the character is now such a variety of different roles, that don't even play of eachother, so he kinda has no original personality.

14. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Oh and just so you all know Forzeth has magic pistols that never need to be reloaded. MAGIC!!!

15. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    0.o Magic eh? Futuristic Mages with pistols....lol!

16. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Forzeth doesn't know magic. Some person gave them to him and said they were magic!!! MAGIC!!!

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I'm assuming that some crack at my rant about bullets in jex's guns. SO:

Please refer to the OOC thread in RPG-4 and find my thread on ion weaponry, I explained that such an ion weapon that would be like a generic sci-fi laser gun (dailan uses these ion weapons) in its power, but can recharge without need to reload.
    However in jex's case he uses bullets, from the deleted post where he filled one guard (ONE guard, thats right ONE....just ONE) with them, to the description in his profile of using machine guns, and thus bullet based weaponry. Needless to say nanites forming ion weaponry is even more impossible, if that is possible than them forming a gun.

Bullets coming from nowhere thats magic!!! MAGIC!!!

:monkeyass :fuckyou: :hackit: :monkeydan :banana:.................J/K

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  18. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Ummm Crusader didn't you know Forzeth has pistols that shoot bullets and never need to be reloaded? It was always like that. Jex is kinda a copy of that. But Forzeth's pistols are magic!!! MAGIC!!!!

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well that doesnt really have any good explaination, but I'm a little more annoyed at someone usuing something that DOES have an explaination and going completely against that. i.e. Jex and nanites.

20. Ender-Zero

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Don't be mad it me i'm MAGIC!!! MMAAGGIICC MMMAAAGGGIIICCC!!!!!!!!!!

Search tags for this page

dacksmash