Collection

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Confessor, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone I wasn't quite sure where to put up this question. So I decided to pick this section. I was curious to anyone around here whether or not anybody collects any kind of item? For example, die cast cars, comic books, figures, etc. You see I want to see if I can get an opinion on when a collector, such as myself, has gone a bit over board.

My collection consists of Pocket Dragon which were created by Real Musgrave. They're really cute and are pretty hard to come by. In my personal collection I have over thirty of these little guys. Their heights range anywhere between an inch in height to 5 inches in height.

I also collect Walt Disney Armani; I have three pieces which were created by Giuseppe Armani. Each piece is hand painted and cast of several molds. These pieces are very beautiful and not to mention expensive. The tallest one in my collection is eleven inches in height and the smallest one in the collection is four inches in height.

Then to top of my collection I used to collect Myth and Magic Tudor Mint Figures. These range from Dragons, Pegasus, Wizard's, and Phoenixes. These are cast of Pewter. There are many different types of "Studies". They range from Large, Medium, and Small. With each study comes a certain number created. For example one study had only 500 made. I own this piece and it is very beautiful. In my collection of Tudor Mint I own about 40 pieces. I'm even a member of the official club which has two main branches. One of them is here in the U.S.A. while the main branch is in England.

I really enjoyed collecting these figures and most of them are still in their original boxes in storage. I ordered a corner hutch (cabinet) for my dinning room which will be delivered in the first week of April. I'm finally looking forward to allowing people in my family to see my collection. So, is anyone else here as big of a collector as I am? Let me know. Thanks!

2. AmyLynn

AmyLynn New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I collect frogs and Stephen King books

3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    hmm always had a collecting gene myself!
    In the past I have collected allsorts of things - POGs - Sticks - Pokemon Cards (never really got of the ground this one though) - Warhammer/Epic/Battlefleet Gothic/40K (still collecting and I still keep telling myself that I willl learn to paint them someday too!) - Computer Games (not really a collection as such but I have enough to count as one) - Magic the Gathering Cards (started in uni with the local gaming club, but as its falled out of fashion and also I was never "that" good I might (might) sell these on - I still really like the cards, but I just don't know about using them in the future - also the quick changes make it rather hard to be a collector, it just gets new sets too often for the collector)

At the moment I am mostly collecting camera gear and I might even branch off into looking at older film camera gear as well (its a lot cheaper for one thing and some of it is still very good stuff)

Oh and I collect books too! Mostly Fantasy books at the moment, but I suspect that many other kinds willl be added over the decades :)

4. Herald Of Woe

Herald Of Woe Scourge of the seven seas

Ratings:
    +211 / 2 / -0
    I collect Games Workshop stuff - I Play Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Warhammer 40k, Blood Bowl - 3rd edition with Death Zone and I'm trying to get hold of Dungeon Bowl, Space Hulk, Necromunda, Inquisitor and Mordheim.

I also collect Death figurines and ornaments depicting the grim reaper or skulls and skeletons.

When I was a kid I used to collect various stickers - WWF (before it became WWE), Garfield, Sloppy Slobs, Ghostbusters and Action Force - completed each of the sticker albums I had. I collected POGS, WWF cards and figures - I had the whole of the first series of WWF figures released by Hasbro and most of the following series too, Mini Boglins, Battlebeasts, Hero Gladiators, M.U.S.C.L.E Men and Monsters in my Pocket. Sadly I no longer have any of them anymore.

5. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I collect coins. Mostly U.S. but I have coins from at least 100 or more different countries. I have the most from the U.S., Japan, and the Dominican Republic since I have lived in these places for a significant amount of time. I have some paper money but not much. My U.S. penny collection is the most comprehensive and vast. I must have 40 or more rolls of pennies most sorted and labeled as to what years and mints are in each roll.

I used to collect bottle caps, rocks, and comic books. I've begun to collect Pokemon cards, mostly because my children are very much interested in them.

Once you get your cabinet I hope you find the perfect place for each of your dragons and other pieces.

6. Hangmountain

Hangmountain New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    collect books of all kinds. But that's a part of my family, mY father has collected books his entire life and got well above 1000 maybe 2000 books of various genre.

I also used to collect Tintin car figurines but I stoped cause it was to expensive, but I got about 30 of them before I stopped though.

7. The4thMusketeer

The4thMusketeer New Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Books, miniatures, bad habits...:)

8. dragoon

dragoon Let the Apocalypse begin

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lte me see i collect model cars, books, games, used to collect cards and discs but not any more and swords.