Characters

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Qhorin=good. Ser Arthur Dayne=can't remember much at the moment. :) Actually, I also found Bronn to be kind of funny...

2. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Bronn is awesome, as for Ser Arthur : He was a member of Aery's Kingsguard. I don't think he was Lord Commander, I think that was Gerold Hightower, but I may be wrong.. He carried the sword Dawn, and he fought Eddard at the Tower Of Joy. Eddard has some dreams about him, in AGOT. Ser Arthur was said to be the only knight who was Rhaegar's peer, and he is renowned as an amazing knight and swordsman.

Other minor characters who are cool : Ser Barristan The Bold (Yes, im in love with the Kingsguard :p), Ilyn Payne, and Strong Belwas.

Oh, and ive also decided I don't like many of the Freys, especially The Late Lord Frey.

3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Just an obsevation about the Rhaegar raping Lyanna thing. From what I have pieced together, along with a few assumptions, I'm pretty sure that they were in love with each other, and were secret lovers. That is where it gets interesting, because Rhaegar was married (Ibelieve) to Alia (sp?) or Dorne, and Lyanna was betrothed to King Robert. This whole situation leads me to believe that the whole war and the dethroning of the Targaryens was nothing more than Robert's vengance.

Perhaps it's a long shot, but it's how I see it unfolding. Robert found out about it and went into a fit of rage, eventually leading to his rebellion. He made it obvious with several remarks he made (one concerning Dany I believe) that he despised the entire Targaryen femily, not just the former King. To me that is a strong indication that there's more to the story.

4. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I always thought that Robert did believe Lyanna was raped. And because of how much he loved Lyanna, he went to war. And just told everyone else, "Oh, its uh...because Aerys is a crazy mo'fo !" and everyone agreed, therfore a humungous war ensues.

Like Turin, I believe they were secret lovers. Remember that Rhaegar had Lyanna kept under guard in the Tower Of Joy (I wonder how he came up with that name ;)), with three Kingsguard, including the Lord Commander to keep watch. I doubt they needed that many elite knights to stop one lady from escaping. Rhaegar had them there to protect her. Does that sound like something a rapist would do for his victim ?

5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Again, probably not... but I wonder if Lyanna loved Rhaegar back? It's easy to see Rhaegar loved Lyanna, but vice versa?

6. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    it's hard to say...since all we get to hear about those two character's is second hand....she might have.....but would it even matter....if rhaegar wanted her he was likely to get her due to his political position/power.....

7. Patkun

Patkun Patkun, lover of bread

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, after a reread, I've decided that my favorite character is probably Bronn. Not only is he a 'badass'(there is no British word for this, unfortunately), he is the closest thing Tyrion has to a friend, and every conversation between them is fun, even if it's a battle report or something, because of the personalities involved. Of course, the real reason I like him so much is </Spoiler/because Lollys and him make such a lovely couple-- I can just see them, all cozy in Stokeworth, surrounded by Bronn's many heirs...he's the only character to get anything resembling an ending, and I don't think he'll be back.>
    Second and third would be Robert and Khal Drogo.
    I try to like Stannis and Melisandre, because they're trying to save the world, but they keep burning people, which I can't really overlook.

Of course Syrio is dead--We all love him, naturally, but wishful thinking will get you nowhere.

I'm fairly sure that Lyanna loved Rhaegar better than she did Robert, which Ned probably knew or suspected. Robert would assume the worst, because he loved Lyanna and would deny any thought of her not feeling the same.

8. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    *sigh*

EMT, you've managed to corrupt me. I LOOOOOVE Rhaegar now.

Although I'll withhold judgement on Ser Arthur Dayne for the time being... until I'm corrupted again. ;)

9. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ser Arthur Dayne rocks ! He is the Sword Of The Morning !

But yes, Rhaegar is certainly a fantastic character. I knew you'd be corrupted, mwa ha ha :devilbat: