Character Discussion : Jon Snow

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, May 18, 2005.

1. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    hehe. good job Mathias. Having trouble with the forum so far eh? :devilspin

2. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, we could revive the Jaime Lannister char. discussion thread too...

3. Ilaelin

Ilaelin The Mother of Dragons

Hades with the rest of my evil friends...
    Ratings:
    +206 / 2 / -0
    Good idea, I think it's high time we revisited a lot of the characters *searchs for other old threads on forum* Let's see what we can find!

Now going back to Jon. I was rereading through my books a bit and came across something Ned was thinking to himself whilst speaking with Cersei..."If it came to that, the life of some child I did not know, against Robb and Sansa and Arya and Bran and Rickon what would I do?" He doesn't specify Jon until he thinks of what Catelyn would do. "if it were Jon's life against the children of her body?" Adding to the fact where throughout the book Ned never really calls Jon's his son. That R+L=J theory is a burning question I can't wait to see the outcome. Bring on ADWD I wan't more Jon POV's! :D

4. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, yeah...

I'll go revive the Jaime thread now.

5. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    i think jons switch was a necessary thing to do, its not like she will NEVER be able to see him again

6. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Aaranon. This is just another case of Jon doing what he had to do. He probably knew Maester Aemon couldn't survive the sea voyage either, but it was a precaution he had to take for the good of the realm just in case Melisandre is for real. If anything I like him just a little bit better. Even if he isn't Ned's birth son (Cmon, Martin! Where are our Rhaegar/Lyanna chapters?!) he's taking after him more and more. You know Ned would have switched the babies too.

7. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    hey, if Jon really IS supposed to be a king and is the son of R+L, do you think that Melisandre will try to burn him, causing him to flee to somewhere else in Westeros or the Free Cities and meet up with Dany?

that would be awsome

8. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure Melisandre will be proven to b wrong before it's found out that Jon is King. and to the theory of Howland Reed being the one who knows who Jon is really cool.

9. Ilaelin

Ratings:
    +206 / 2 / -0
    I also concur, Jon was taking on a true role of Ned's son(even though he doesn't know he may not be)He was looking at the bigger picture the right thing to do even though others see is as harsh. I don't think Melisandre has any clue of Jon's possible lineage especially because her visions are open to interpertation she may have had a glimpse but read it totally wrong. Seriously, who would believe an acknowledged bastard especially of the honorable Ned Stark to actually be of royal blood?

I think Howland knows also...I can't wait to see how it all plays out!

10. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    It might have been necessary, but I still think that it was rather cruel of him. It doesn't mean that I HATE him, but Jaime and Arya are my firm favs for the moment.

11. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Jon has always been I thought the character that we were supposed to like and that's one of the reasons he just can't be one of my fav's. I still like him and all and yes I am aware that we're supposed to like Tyrion as well but Tyrion just roxors the biothches, lol. :devilspin :devilspin :devilspin

12. Ilaelin

Ratings:
    +206 / 2 / -0
    It is amazing what money can buy for Tyrion. But I'll have to say he is still one of my favs along with Jon. There's just so many places GRRM could go with him I can't wait to see what happens. Come on ADWD!

13. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm starting to go crazy for ADWD. I'm ready to capture him "Misery" style and make him finish everything. LOL. I'm already starting to go a little fruity to get ahold of the one after cuz i want to know what happens with Jaime,Cersei,Brienne,Sansa,Arya,Sam,Arianne. GRRM is awesome but I hate him sometimes for getting me hooked so far into a series thats not finished. MEHMEHMEHMEHMEH

14. Ilaelin

Ratings:
    +206 / 2 / -0
    :devilspin All I can say is DITTO! Everything you said...yep I agree I feel the same way. Well ok, maybe not the whole Misery thing...lol but everything else yeah I'm right there with ya!

15. Oberyn Martell

Oberyn Martell The Red Viper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Jon's probably my favorite character.

I'm hoping he ends up with Dany and becoming king.When Dany was in the House of the Undying in CoK,it was implied pretty heavily that her and Jon would eventually hook up romantically.I don't think he'll stay on the Wall past the end of the series,because it seems likely that at some point the Wall's coming down.So,my guess is either he marries Dany and becomes king,or they meet,fall in love,he realizes he's going to be king,probably gets her pregnant,and then gets killed while leading final battle against the Others.It'd really be GRRM's style to do the last one,but dammit,part of me enjoys my traditional conventions of the genre,so it'd be nice if we could actually get a happy ending.

Oh,and Jon's gotta be Rhaegar and Lyanna's,it just makes too much sense for him not to be at this point.Anything else would just seem anti-climactic.

16. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    it would come off as anticlimatic and I agree no way that R+L=J isn't true. but jon getting dany preggers? I don't see that unless all hell is turned upside down with the prophecy about dany not bearing children etc. The only thing that we can all predict for sure is that noone can say what GRRM is going to do. Thats whats so great about this and with Jon. Whats going to happen? Whos going to do what? Will Jon accept that Ned isn't his father? (Yes but how long will it take him) Will the wall fall allowing Jon to leave it? will he leave it himself? Will he be forced out by someone?

17. Mathias Tanavar

Mathias Tanavar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The prophecy states that Dany can become pregnant when Drogo rides again, or more acuratley that Drogo can ride again when Dany becomes pegnant, I 've looked through that curse and I wouldn't discount Drogo Riding again as a wight... so don't discard that theory just yet

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I agree completely with Ilaelin :D

Elan needs to get a Dany discussion thread going. :p

19. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    yeah mathias but what about the whole sun rising in the west and all the other junk?

20. Mathias Tanavar

Mathias Tanavar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    looking over it again last night

I theorize that the sun could be the lord of Light or Dawnbringer or whatever its called.

Search tags for this page
forum discussion jon snow

who would have been born first jon snow or ageon vii