Character Discussion : Jaime Lannister

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, May 31, 2005.

1. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The one and only thing? sleeping with his sister? Killing Aerys? (I defend his choice but not sticking with the Kingsguard) he's a bum. And Tyrion is my fav. and hell even if it is the only thing he's done wrong (ur nutz btw) it's still huge. my god he threw a child out a window. If anyone did that no matter what the reason its ****ing wrong. Remember what happened when MJ had that kid hanging out the window? good ole crazy jackson.

2. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    You're just an unreasonable Jaime hater. :D Look, NONE of us are denying that throwing Bran out the window was pure evil. We're all admitting that Jaime did some very nasty things, such as sleeping with his sister... but he did it for love, didn't he? Yeah, yeah, it's still incest (and still nasty), but there are reasons for everything he did. Sticking with the Kingsguard afterward? That's as much Robert's fault as his.

I'm pretty sure that my co-defendent Mathias :D would agree that Jaime did do very horrible things, but he did some pretty cool things as well. Jaime's human, not a saint, and we still love him. :D No one's saying that Jaime is the perfect-est being in Westeros. No one's saying that he's a saint. But we ARE saying that he's the coolest character in aSoIaF. ;)

*proud member of the JDF*

3. Mathias Tanavar

Mathias Tanavar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    WOOOOO GO JAIME
    GO LDH
    GO JAIME DEFENCE CORP
    DOWN WITH ANTI JAIME THEORIES (such as Bran + window, or sleeping with your sister is a necesarilly a bad thing (J/K))
    DOWN WITH THOSE WHO WOULD HARM JAIME (such as Dany and Selmy)
    But I still love you K'shar as your R+L = J thread is what brought me to FF through an innocent little google search... however I am still a

*proud member of the JDF*

4. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I dont know how you can think that the coolest char. in the book is one who sleeps with his phsyco sister and throws kids out windows

but whatever, cuz K'shar is right, Jamie's a poxy whore who doesnt deserve anyhthing but a rope around his neck, least of all a defense corp

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    That's just your opinion :halo:

Definitely the most interesting. ;) And besides, I believe that Jaime regrets his actions, especially in AFFC, and reading his PoV chapters have been fascinating for me.

1) Sleeping with his psycho sister? Yeah, incest is nasty nasty nasty, but he really loved her. I'm not saying that love excuses everything, but it makes the Jaime-Cersei relationship a little more understandable. Or maybe I've just been reading too many Sara Douglass books. ;)

2) Throwing Bran out the window is something he genuinely regretted, but it's the one Jaime act that I abhorred, because I adore Bran. :p

6. Ilaelin

Ilaelin The Mother of Dragons

Hades with the rest of my evil friends...
    Ratings:
    +200 / 2 / -0
    OMG...I leave for a week an you all reak havoc on the boards...lol! My don't we have a bit of a Jaime issue around here! I like what Jaime is becoming but I definitely don't like his past issues he's a good character which probably means GRRM will kill him off soon!?

7. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That would be good. Jaime must die!!! However I don't like your fence sitting. Neither the JDF or the JPAW Society will stand fence sitters!!!!! lol. I need help.

8. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Go JPAW!!!!! yeah we discourage fence sitting and if you cant pick a side, pick ours ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I must say, I've had quite enough of the Jaime bashing. Also, if we're going to discuss his characteristics, perhaps we should stop with the "Jaime is a poxy assed whore," "No he's not," "Yes he is" posts. Make some damn points about why you do or don't like him, based on the book.

I for one, think Jaime is a very interesting character. He has his ups and downs, and what most people see him as evil for (killing Aerys) had to be done. Everything Jaime does seems to have two sides to it. Killing Aerys was right, but not for a Kingsguard. He shouldn't have been allowed to stay in the Kingsguard, maybe an honorouble discharge should have been in order.

Pushing Bran out the window was inexcusable, but as LDH has pointed out, he is very remorseful of that act, and was doing it "for love." And yes, his "love" may be his twin sister, which is quite nasty, but there is a very special bond between those too, and I believe them when they say they love each other, however yucky it may be.

I also like Jaime because he is a total bad ass, total smart ass, and a wicked fighter. He is brash and arrogant in his own abilities, and this makes him much more interesting now that he's lost a hand. I haven't read AFFC yet, and I'm interested to learn how he acts after his mutilation, and how others treat him. I also love the Kingsguard, and the fact that Jaime's in it, and Lord Commander no less, makes him even cooler in my books.

10. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well let me start with JPAW. thanks and if you don't like it then phbbttt!!! we're having fun with it. I would like Jaime except for pushing Bran out the window. Think about it if someone in our society did it today we'd put them in prison or kill em if ur in Texas. Up here in Canada they'd prolly be out in 5 years but that's besides the point.. Love or not it's a disgusting inexcusable act and to all of you who are defenders of him because he did it for love or because he's remorseful u need help. If it happened to a child you loved you wouldn't be so quick to forgive. Oh and again go go gadget JPAW Society

11. Mathias Tanavar

Mathias Tanavar New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yeah but he's a character in a fantasy world... not our own... Mellisandre wanted to kill an inocent child and i dont see hordes of people howling at her door.... the more and more I read of Jaime the more and more I think that GRRM has written him as having a serious mental disorder (probably Bi-Polar). even if this is not the case there is no reason to hate him based on that one act... he didn't try and assasinate him... (ie Joffery) and didn't think (his major character flaw). Also that was the Jaime that was, not the Jaime that is now. People can change, people do, with this look at Jaime's thoughts I think we can see that he is trying to repent... no sin is truley unfogivale, surely if we know the characters intent... which in this case we do

12. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I don't forgive. I don't forget. The world is too full of wishy washy limp wristers who want to forgive everyone and let them do whatever they want. And there isn't a Melisandre character discussion in which I can bash her otherwise I would be howling at her door. I have a couple of hot button issues: people who prey on or hurt women and people who do the same to children, They should all fry. So yes I do dislike Robert as well even if Cersei did kinda deserve it.

13. Ilaelin

Ilaelin The Mother of Dragons

Hades with the rest of my evil friends...
    Ratings:
    +200 / 2 / -0
    Isn't it amazing how we can start off totally hating the guy to thinking he's got potential. Do you think GRRM knows voodoo?

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    What he said :D

And Elan, once you read AFFC, you'll love him more than ever. ;)

15. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Meh and Meh again to the Jaime lover's. I don't totally hate Jaime but seeing as how some of you have put him up on some damn pedestal I've had to start the JPAW Society.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes: We did not put him up on a pedestal. NO ONE has praised Jaime for his heinous acts. No one is saying that Jaime is the saintliest character in aSoIaF. All we're saying is that he's cool, and interesting. No one is saying that Jaime throwing Bran out a window is awesome, or sleeping with his sister is cool. All we're saying is that he had REASONS.

And might I add that we formed the JDF only because people were trashing him?

17. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    No you may not add. and there was a post about Jaime being the coolest character so meh i say again. Jaime is a douchebag. He is poop to Eddard the man!! I love messing wit u people.

Search tags for this page

how to pronounce jaime lannister

jaime lannister character analysis

jaime lannister character study

jaime lannister discussion

jaime lannister discussion threads
jaime lannister grey character forum
jaime lannister personality
pronunciation of jaime lannister